Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

The players and coaches had a highly effective professional relationship in 2018. I don’t see where friendship comes into it, other than the point Sco made above.
The players were enjoying themselves more. A combination of a different approach from the coaching group and a better connection between the playing group contributed to that. Player friendships play a part in that.

The players were enjoying themselves more. A combination of a different approach from the coaching group and a better connection between the playing group contributed to that. Player friendships play a part in that.
Depends if you’re talking about being friendly with your colleagues or having friendships. The environment at the club appears to be a friendly one now, with good relationships between players and coaches. That’s very important.

Friendship on the other hand involves spending personal time together. I’m friendly with my colleagues but would not count them as friends. Some players are friends and that great. I don’t see that aspect as a significant factor in improved team performance.

Sometimes it can hinder. Would Broomhead still be on the list without his friendship with Grundy?

Depends if you’re talking about being friendly with your colleagues or having friendships. The environment at the club appears to be a friendly one now, with good relationships between players and coaches. That’s very important.

Friendship on the other hand involves spending personal time together. I’m friendly with my colleagues but would not count them as friends. Some players are friends and that great. I don’t see that aspect as a significant factor in improved team performance.
We aren’t going to agree on this so let’s drop it.
Sometimes it can hinder. Would Broomhead still be on the list without his friendship with Grundy?
This is wildly speculative and a big shot at the professionalism of our list mamagement.

We aren’t going to agree on this so let’s drop it.

This is wildly speculative and a big shot at the professionalism of our list mamagement.
It’s just a question.

A lot of my friends were people with whom I worked. As a teacher I wanted to mix with other teachers socially because teaching was a passion to me. My best friend is someone I taught with in 1977 and I am sure that I was better at the job because of that friendship. It's a bit strange that you don't have any genuine friends from your work environment unless you have been in it only a relatively short time.

A lot of my friends were people with whom I worked. As a teacher I wanted to mix with other teachers socially because teaching was a passion to me. My best friend is someone I taught with in 1977 and I am sure that I was better at the job because of that friendship. It's a bit strange that you don't have any genuine friends from your work environment unless you have been in it only a relatively short time.
I've read research and articles suggesting that work is a rich source of people's friendships. Surely this is because they spend a lot of time together and there is natural bonding between individuals but it's always because of the common interest factor.

I’ve only been there 3 years, plus at my age I don’t need more friends.

Sounded more like a thinly veiled accusation.
Not really. I’ve read that Beams’ friendship with Steele was a factor in his return. That hasn’t turned out well for the club.

I'm confused.
The answer is ‘nice.’

Not that hard to work out if you really try. Let me know if you’re struggling with anything else.

I’m here to help, especially Mods.

So just to add to the bonding stakes or as I once saw on big footy in this context - the bondage:p today Maynard, Checkers, Crisp and Max Lynch + partners were all on a river cruise together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, back to Darcy... I’m looking forward to his signing. Is a quality player AND person, and I love that he’s a pie. Athletic, Talented 6’ 8” defenders are v hard to come by, but worth their weight in gold, with the Ben Browns, King twins, tomahawk, Kennedy, Tom Lynch, Buddy, Daniher, and hipwoods needing to be stopped by someone.

Logically I know that De Goey sacking Niall really has no bearing on whether he'll re-sign but in my brain over the past week I've done an about-face and think Moore is the certainty to sign but JDG is the question mark.

Logically I know that De Goey sacking Niall really has no bearing on whether he'll re-sign but in my brain over the past week I've done an about-face and think Moore is the certainty to sign but JDG is the question mark.
There is so much water to flow under the proverbial bridge. Who knows? poor form by the team, injuries etc. may become factors in who stays or goes.

Oh, and it’s reigns.

Rain is the stuff from the sky.
Do l care, not much, as long as get it, that’s all that matters

Do l care, not much, as long as get it, that’s all that matters
I’m really confused...

Maybe, just maybe, you should have resisted the urge to have a cheap shot?

Just because we have a mod who does it, doesn’t mean you have to stoop to his level.

I’m really confused...

Maybe, just maybe, you should have resisted the urge to have a cheap shot?

Just because we have a mod who does it, doesn’t mean you have to stoop to his level.
As long as you get the meaning, that’s all that matters, l forgot the "you,” as in as long as you get it. Not a cheap shot at all, my spelling is a product of the vic education program of the early 60’s, spell it, as it sounds, great.
Nothing to do with a mod, it’s only you that thinks like that.
No offence jmac but you like to go hard at posters, but don’t always think you should get it in return

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back