Darcy Moore Contract extension

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes Pickering stated that contract talks are going well,after being queried by Lyon and Watson on SEN
Pickering also said that Darcy has really got himself very fit this year and has bulked up a bit.

This could be Darcy's breakout year hopefully. He deserves a good run at it. A fit Darcy Moore will show us what a champ he really is.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
My take on it was that Pickering said absolutely nothing. Other than he has a meeting with the Pies this week.

When asked how the talks were going, he said "They are going OK"

Gary and Tim were pushing for a news headline, but he really gave nothing away.
Yep, that's what I heard too

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
You'd imagine that neither Moore nor JDG would be in too much of a hurry to re-sign. It's in their interests not to until they at least try to stake a claim for more money through this season.

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon Moore will sign before the home and away season commences. De goey will string it out. Pickering said the talks were going well not ok.
Pies already know how important these guys are for our premiership hopes.

What's the big secret anyway you guys they'll both sign.

I reckon Moore will sign before the home and away season commences. De goey will string it out. Pickering said the talks were going well not ok.

For those that didn’t hear the interview a factual report of what was conveyed is the only thing we can go off. Don’t see why posters wouldn’t correct an inaccuracy they perceive In a retelling

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Hmm.....

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
You can't force players to do contract talks, so Moore is obviously opening communication, so then, they are focusing on him.
That's fair, but I was more getting to that I believe it's more important to allocate the space in the salary cap to De Goey because he can be our #1 mid or forward for a number of years and doesn't have the injury baggage that Moore carries. We should be able to hold onto both but if one were to be squeezed out, most would agree that it shouldn't be De Goey.

I can't wait for Moore and De Goey to sign so that the complaining and agonising over them not signing yet can finish and we can all get on with complaining and agonising about their new contract terms instead.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I reckon De Goey will wait a bit before he signs. He is coming off an injury prone year where he didn't really perform at his optimum. He'd probably want to put in a few big performances and negotiate following that.

On the other hand, Moore finished the year strongly and performed well in the finals. He'd probably want to cash in now before the season starts because if he pulls another hammy, then he'll lose value due to his body concerns. He should look at Tom Langdon in that regards...got a good deal off the back of a strong finals series, and has been injured ever since.

So I reckon Moore will be the next domino to fall, and then De Goey we may have to wait until very late in the year.

Lime22

Senior List
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree that Moore would be advised to sign while his body is sound and the finals are fresh in everyone's memory. I do think that he had a pretty good season overall anyway apart from the block he missed with injury. He was reputed in his junior career to step up in finals and he did.

Jordy is a big priority because he can play forward and midfield but Moore has some flexibility as well. He's also not created headlines off the field.

I heard Pickers this morning and it was a little bit in reference to Tom Browne commenting on this on MMM hot brekkie.

Lime22

Senior List
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know when I listened this morning the funny thing is that I thought Pickers said the word nicely, not ok. He said that we are meeting again this week but that does not mean that the deal will be done.

What’s with the thread title? I just heard seafog’s head explode reading it...

Surely this doesn’t justify its own thread either?
Yes it does, just to see seafrog’s head explode as you so nicely put it.
I need a good laugh at the moment

Back