Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the same pattern to every other big name signing.

Manager has meeting with club

There's a bit of a deadlock

Shortly after a rumour is released to media of a rival bid for a player.

I do not think it would concern Collingwood one bit that another club has interest. You would be more surprised if there was no interest.

At the end of the day, as long as our offer is fair and market value, then we should keep him.

Remember, Richmond already have 2 million dollar players in Lynch and Martin. So whilst they might have cap space, they can't throw a godfather offer either. You would think if we manage the Beams departure, we will clear as much room as Richmond in our cap

If Moore is unhappy at Collingwood we should let him go to Richmond and get draft choices in return.

He is a drama queen. Every year he seems to be going somewhere, first Sydney, then Bulldogs and now Richmond.
So a random call from a journo evokes this response 🤔

Tonight the bloke on with Gerard Healy said that 6 clubs have some interest and that Sydney is really interested in him again. The reply on twitter to Elliott and Moore spoof said he sounds as camp as a row of tents which means he might be a good fit for the Swans.

I don't want us held to ransom. I think that potentially we can rebuild if we were forced to take good returns for these players.

Lol

Tonight the bloke on with Gerard Healy said that 6 clubs have some interest and that Sydney is really interested in him again. The reply on twitter to Elliott and Moore spoof said he sounds as camp as a row of tents which means he might be a good fit for the Swans.

I don't want us held to ransom. I think that potentially we can rebuild if we were forced to take good returns for these players.

🤦‍♀️ rebuild? please. Darcy is not leaving. He is happy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ive never understood " get picks for him and let him go" when it comers to star players. They are the type of players we need and go to the draft for , why start the process again. Pay their worth and make it happen without being ridiculous ( wells , beams)

Ive never understood " get picks for him and let him go" when it comers to star players. They are the type of players we need and go to the draft for , why start the process again. Pay their worth and make it happen without being ridiculous ( wells , beams)
Yeah, we can reflect on the 2014 draft and consider that we nabbed 3 of the best talents available upon which to build. We would have to start again with teenagers.

Let us hope that it is nothing major then.
What’s with you and Darcy, run over your cat.
I don’t know why you think we should be trading him, especially since he wants to stay and will be our chb for a very long time. His form at the end of the season especially in the finals was very, very good.
To me he is a priority signing over Jordan.

I don’t know why you think we should be trading him, especially since he wants to stay and will be our chb for a very long time. His form at the end of the season especially in the finals was very, very good.
I would prefer to keep both but I said if they want to go let us not have to pay hostage to their demands. The drama creates distractions and the season is getting closer. They should sign if they want to stay. If not, tell the media we are not engaging in discussion about them until the end of the season and we can trade them if they're not prepared to commit to us.

What on earth is this?
That video they put on Channel 7 asking Jamie and Moore questions. A guy replied and said wowee he sounds as camp as a row of tents. So I am wondering if this was the appeal of Sydney, he might be a good fit there and they could do with another defender. More clubs than Richmond are interested.

giphy.gif

I would prefer to keep both but I said if they want to go let us not have to pay hostage to their demands. The drama creates distractions and the season is getting closer. They should sign if they want to stay. If not, tell the media we are not engaging in discussion about them until the end of the season and we can trade them if they're not prepared to commit to us.
Give it a rest FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So...I'm not sure which is stupider, the assumption Darcy is gay thanks to a video or the assumption that Sydney is inherently more gay.
I've seen some weird sh** on here lately, but that (post you quoted) is up there with the worst of it!! Truly bizarre that anyone would think that a reasonable thing to say!

So...I'm not sure which is stupider, the assumption Darcy is gay thanks to a video or the assumption that Sydney is inherently more gay.
1o5fzt.gif

If Jordan is a very close second then I agree.

If Moore is unhappy at Collingwood we should let him go to Richmond and get draft choices in return.

He is a drama queen. Every year he seems to be going somewhere, first Sydney, then Bulldogs and now Richmond.
There is literally zero indication he is unhappy at Collingwood. You have completely misread the report.

That video they put on Channel 7 asking Jamie and Moore questions. A guy replied and said wowee he sounds as camp as a row of tents. So I am wondering if this was the appeal of Sydney, he might be a good fit there and they could do with another defender. More clubs than Richmond are interested.
You're a satirical account right?

This is the same pattern to every other big name signing.

Manager has meeting with club

There's a bit of a deadlock

Shortly after a rumour is released to media of a rival bid for a player.

I do not think it would concern Collingwood one bit that another club has interest. You would be more surprised if there was no interest.

At the end of the day, as long as our offer is fair and market value, then we should keep him.

Remember, Richmond already have 2 million dollar players in Lynch and Martin. So whilst they might have cap space, they can't throw a godfather offer either. You would think if we manage the Beams departure, we will clear as much room as Richmond in our cap

I think it was reported Lynch was only on around 500k, and will earn the majority of his money in 4-5 years time.

If someone wants to offer Moore a 6-7 year contract and pay him little at the start and huge money at the end, really anyone could still offer a godfather contract.

Last edited:
I know nothing of the rumours and Richmond's key defence stocks actually remain one of the best in the competition with Grimes and Astbury both terrific and Noah Balta another who can play back there if required and be a difference maker.

Blasphemous I know, but as a hypothetical if Moore did request a trade, I'd be open to trading him to Richmond in the right deal if he requested it at seasons end.

Moore is good when available and playing, but the reality is he has a career average of 14.2 games per season which is poor by any measure, and with availability the best ability, Moore's perceived value is higher than his real value.

With all the re-occurring hamstring injuries, the percentage play is to move Moore, given only once so far in his career he has exceeded 17 games in a season.

Noah Balta I remain a strong advocate for, Bigoa Nyuon if he has a strong year I'd consider, Riley Collier-Dawkins I'd consider with Collingwood having no high quality young mids.

What if you can get Richmond to cough up Balta, Collier-Dawkins and their 2020 and 2021 first round selections? be thinking about it depending on how Balta and Collier-Dawkins look at seasons end, if they've expanded their games enough to get me excited.

I'm not necessarily seeing Collingwood contending, so I'm not averse to going young.

Can Collingwood do as they did in the Beams to Brisbane trade and get several good, younger pieces back for one piece in Moore? It's a scenario I'd be definitely planning for and really assessing on all lists, what players/picks would I be requesting if Moore asks for a trade there.

Just as my evaluations have always been different from what AFL clubs think, AFL clubs similarly whether it's through the draft or trade all evaluate and rate talent and picks differently to varying extents, so there is always opportunities for value if you make offers for guys/picks that you rate more highly than the next club.

I'm increasingly of the view that Collingwood can't win a premiership with their current group and will miss the top-4 this year. So I'd be willing to shake some things up (not necessarily Moore, though possibly under the right circumstances).
I’d do that trade in heartbeat, however, that is well overs for Moore.

From memory you didn’t rate the Pies for the 2019 season with a more difficult draw etc and we were probably a couple of minutes away from another GF.

I think you underestimate the list, although I do agree that we need to find more young midfield talent.

But is it Moore who is full of drama or simply an exciting, young, key position player coming out of contract who has suffered his share of injuries and so has sparked interest from other clubs.

All along last contract there was all this speculation yet he kept quiet and his manager didn’t inflame rumours. I think Moore deserves greater credit for his professionalism.
And the whole ‘queen’ jokes? Mate, the world has passed you by.....

I know nothing of the rumours and Richmond's key defence stocks actually remain one of the best in the competition with Grimes and Astbury both terrific and Noah Balta another who can play back there if required and be a difference maker.

Blasphemous I know, but as a hypothetical if Moore did request a trade, I'd be open to trading him to Richmond in the right deal if he requested it at seasons end.

Moore is good when available and playing, but the reality is he has a career average of 14.2 games per season which is poor by any measure, and with availability the best ability, Moore's perceived value is higher than his real value.

With all the re-occurring hamstring injuries, the percentage play is to move Moore, given only once so far in his career he has exceeded 17 games in a season.

Noah Balta I remain a strong advocate for, Bigoa Nyuon if he has a strong year I'd consider, Riley Collier-Dawkins I'd consider with Collingwood having no high quality young mids.

What if you can get Richmond to cough up Balta, Collier-Dawkins and their 2020 and 2021 first round selections? be thinking about it depending on how Balta and Collier-Dawkins look at seasons end, if they've expanded their games enough to get me excited.

I'm not necessarily seeing Collingwood contending, so I'm not averse to going young.

Can Collingwood do as they did in the Beams to Brisbane trade and get several good, younger pieces back for one piece in Moore? It's a scenario I'd be definitely planning for and really assessing on all lists, what players/picks would I be requesting if Moore asks for a trade there.

Just as my evaluations have always been different from what AFL clubs think, AFL clubs similarly whether it's through the draft or trade all evaluate and rate talent and picks differently to varying extents, so there is always opportunities for value if you make offers for guys/picks that you rate more highly than the next club.

I'm increasingly of the view that Collingwood can't win a premiership with their current group and will miss the top-4 this year. So I'd be willing to shake some things up (not necessarily Moore, though possibly under the right circumstances).
Love your work with draftees KM. But jeez you put up some shitty trade ideas.

A random on twitter said Moore might be gay so Sydney is automatically the best place for him to live? You’re a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back