• Darcy Moore

• Jacob Weitering

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Simple question really, who do you think is the better defender/player and who would you rather have on your team (same question really)

I rate Weiters considerably higher than Moore, but I am curious as to what the general consensus (esp amongst BF neutrals is)

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
Yeah, I think Darcy Moore is the defender/better player.

Last edited by a moderator:

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Darcy Moore has the edge because he is considerably more damaging with intercept marking and rebound possessions, Weitering a good solid player though.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Why are we comparing two players in different positions.

Perhaps a poll on comparing Weitering to Harris Andrews, Steven May, the types that actually play the key position defender role as opposed to the intercept type?

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Weitering plays the role of Nathan Murphy in our defence. Last man, locking down the tallest defender.
I’d prefer a poll of Weitering v Murphy.
I’d vote for Murphy.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Seems unfair to Weitering to compare him to an AA in Moore, who is in the same vein as May and Andrews. Weitering should probably be in polls with Tom Clurey and Ryan Gardner

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Easily Weitering.

Better defender, far better skills around the ground.

Moore should probably in the polls with Tom Clurey and Ryan Gardner.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Weitering is better 1v1
Moore a better intercept player imo
With the way the game is played I do think Moore is a more valuable player
However I would pick Weitering over him if it was to join Richmond.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weitering is better one on one but not by much to account for the edge Moore has with his rebound & offensive flair. Although Moore is better statistically and passes the eye test in comparison - Weitering types at his level especially are much more rare. You also pick Weitering 100 times over before Moore in a team you're building from scratch. So I'll say Weitering is more important. Moore types are an abundance and it's an easier role to convert anyone into at AFL level.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Given Moore's first half of 2023 there'll be a shift towards him for recency bias, but it just goes to show you have two relatively long term (5+ years) AA calibre defenders, of a similar age (Weitering a touch younger which is in his favour), it's going to be one of those polls where it changes year on year, as either one of them could foreseeably have a better season in any given year.

Weitering is probably a touch behind at this point, but I wouldn't say the gap is large enough to say Jacob won't have some better years than Darcy every now and then.

Back