Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Moore is no superstar and my fellow supporters need to stop writing “the future” on the wall - he’s 22 and has made no progress in the last two years. Obviously for depth and potential purposes, it’s in our best interests to keep him (I really like him as a tall rebounding defender. That said, we can’t overpay him based on what he’s shown. If Sydney want to give him $600k+ a year, it’s probably best we let him go and get Max King or someone like that in the draft.

Darcy may well still become a gun but he’s at a point where potential should transition into ability and it hasn’t happened in three and a bit years.

His worth? Sydney’s first rounder whatever it may be (11-18) sounds decent especially when factoring in that Sydney’s first pick will be used on Blakey anyway, so their first rounder loses drastic value to them.

So Moore is the Most Overrated player in the AFL and IF we can Suck the Swans in with a Big Trade better get rid of him now? adammania9

Even if Moore chooses the Swans they'd have to give up their first round pick and that would only be the start of it. I'd say if you had say a pick inside the top ten that wouldn't be enough. Lets say you finish tenth, get a lot of injuries, already Naismith snapped his ACL, Franklin has a bung foot, Hanners injured and so on... and you have pick 8, you'd need to offer that plus a second and then we might throw something back.

We also might want a player, maybe a first plus Lloyd... not sure, don't watch the Swans close enough. On that note, don't even bother replying to me, you'd have to be a complete peanut to suggest you could get Moore for a second. Did I just call you a peanut? You're on my ignore.
Quality reply....

List buddy, I kept this discussion civil and never personally attempted to denigrate you for having a opinion about a players worth. I don’t rate him that highly and explained why I don’t think he is worth anything more than a second at market value. You seem to take trade discussion very personally. It’s footy...

Or

Maybe Its because you lack the intellect required to offer any type of retort and have instead resorted to childish abuse? Who knows? I welcome your decision to add me to your ignore list. Cheer buddy

Anyway, I'll tell you why the Swans first would not be enough.
It is because there will be other clubs with pikcs before theirs. Clubs like the Dogs, Essendon, Melbourne to name a few will have picks before theirs. Do you think if he went to the draft they'd let Moore slip? For a young kid who has exposed potential in the junior leagues compared to a young KPP with exposed potential to be a star in the AFL? You'd be dreaming. So it's the Swans first and then some, and that's just a common sense look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say so. But he's been picked plenty of times on potential to date. They've found a spot for him in defence at times by swinging Reid forward.

Named at CHF for Sunday.

It is because there will be other clubs with pikcs before theirs. Clubs like the Dogs, Essendon, Melbourne to name a few will have picks before theirs. Do you think if he went to the draft they'd let Moore slip? For a young kid who has exposed potential in the junior leagues compared to a young KPP with exposed potential to be a star in the AFL? You'd be dreaming. So it's the Swans first and then some, and that's just a common sense look at it.
Have you paid attention to player movement in previous seasons or is this the first time you're tuning in?

If he wants to leave, he'll nominate a club and you'll deal with them. There won't be a bidding war.

Named at CHF for Sunday.
Where has he played mostly this season?

Yeah but good mids are not...

Your negotiating position is weak, because the player is uncontracted. So the situation is a like for like trade of 2 unproven commodities. He is worth a second on potential, maybe we offer you back your second from last year.
Draft picks are even more unproven. Boyd went for what pick 6 and Griffin? Moore is a better player than Boyd

Someone can answer this way better than I could but if Moore went into the open draft in 2018, deciding he wanted a completely fresh slate so to speak, where would he likely be taken? This year is supposed to be a super draft so I doubt he is going to be taken in the top 7, maybe not even in the top 12.

Someone can answer this way better than I could but if Moore went into the open draft in 2018, deciding he wanted a completely fresh slate so to speak, where would he likely be taken? This year is supposed to be a super draft so I doubt he is going to be taken in the top 7, maybe not even in the top 12.

So basically what you're saying is you don't know what you're talking about and are asking for someone else to clarify because, wait wut, you have no idea... :think:

Are you high?
Maybe if I supported West Coast when cousins/Judd where captains I would be. No stuffing around if you want something like the Hawks do you go get it. We have never played finals and we have four picks inside the top 27 picks this year with two firsts plus maybe a third with the lynch compensation and two early seconds so its worth it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back