Recommitted Darcy Moore [signs 6 year deal]

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't expect we will be making "godfather" offers anymore, but I expect us to be up the pointy end of any interest.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I don’t understand why Sydney fans feel so entitled to Darcy Moore

I don’t understand why Sydney fans feel so entitled to Darcy Moore

None of us feel "entitled" to him.

More we have approached him in the past and currently KPD's are the weakest commodity on our list.

Personally I think it's highly unlikely we bring him in, but it wouldn't surprise me if we asked the question.

More we have approached him in the past and currently KPD's are the weakest commodity on our list.

Personally I think it's highly unlikely we bring him in, but it wouldn't surprise me if we asked the question.

Lot of Teams will ask the Question to Darcy's Management

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Crazy you traded away an AA centre half back for a 2nd round pick.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Surprised by the lack of Hawthorn supporters in here.

Plenty of money to spend.
We addressed our biggest deficiency in the draft (midfield).
Need a partner for DGB who isn't Hartigan.

Good luck getting past this back 6

Hardwick Moore Scrimshaw
Sicily DGB Jiath

Pleasedontfail11

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 racing
Moore's durability makes him an interesting prospect. When fit he is probably the best all round defender in the league. Speed, height an excellent kick. Reads the play well and is the best intercept mark in the game. Solid 1 v 1 although he can get beaten. But he misses 1 in every 3 games. A fit Moore ia worth close to 1 miilion a year. But because he is always injured he is only worth 600K. Buyer beware.

Moore's durability makes him an interesting prospect. When fit he is probably the best all round defender in the league. Speed, height an excellent kick. Reads the play well and is the best intercept mark in the game. Solid 1 v 1 although he can get beaten. But he misses 1 in every 3 games. A fit Moore ia worth close to 1 miilion a year. But because he is always injured he is only worth 600K. Buyer beware.

He get more then 600k a Year I was thinking more around 800k because other Teams be Willing to pay more then 600k to get him

He get more then 600k a Year I was thinking more around 800k because other Teams be Willing to pay more then 600k to get him
He is already on about 850k with us. A club would have to pay more. He wouldn't leave for the same money to another rebuildimg club like Hawks.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Hardwick Moore Scrimshaw
Sicily DGB Jiath
Surprising we aren't mentioned but I don't think he would be a priority. We have multiple intercept options (DGB, Sicily, Scrimshaw) and need a lock down tall which I don't think is Moore's strength. Plus we still need at least one more classy midfielder.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne

Hardwick Moore Scrimshaw
Sicily DGB Jiath
Why would he leave a bottom 4 side to go to
another bottom 4 side.

The only reason he'll leave will be for success and a lifestyle change.

The 2 clubs that stick out in that regard are the Western Bulldogs and Sydney.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
another bottom 4 side.

I'm personally predicting a Collingwood spoon and the Hawks up to around 12th in 2022. I'm more confident of our chances of competing in 5 years time than the Pies.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not advocating we throw everything at trying to get him. Just think he'd suit our list and our near future is brighter than Collingwood's. I expect him to stay.
Yeah i expext him to stay. Its all crystal ball stuff really. Different coaches at both clubs. Alot of kids. 🤷‍♂️

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm personally predicting a Collingwood spoon and the Hawks up to around 12th in 2022. I'm more confident of our chances of competing in 5 years time than the Pies.
I beg to differ.

Why would he wait 5 years just to compete for finals when he can go to a club straight away and contend for success. He'll get this with the doggies or Swans, not the Hawks.

Again, makes no sense why he goes from a bottom 4 club to another potential bottom 4-6 club.

To be honest I think he stays anyway.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
another bottom 4 side.

I can’t see how the Dogs could possibly afford him. Swans makes a lot of sense but I fully expect him to re-sign with Collingwood. Despite their recent struggles not many wanted players walkout on them.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can’t see how the Dogs could possibly afford him. Swans makes a lot of sense but I fully expect him to re-sign with Collingwood. Despite their recent struggles not many wanted players walkout on them.
I have zero idea of the doggies salary situation. Only named them in terms of the perfect fit for Moore and the team structure.

Back