Recommitted Darcy Moore [signs 6 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

To get Moore to North would have to be a much bigger offer then we have offered any other player in the past.
Then that may not be enough to land him.

If he were going to leave, it probably wouldn't have been last time. Can't see it happening now. Besides, the clubs that would be most likely to want him (like the Dogs, for example) won't have the cash to offer. They have their money tied up in the midfield.
North might want him, but they would have to really pay overs to get him. I can't see them doing that.

Collingwood will match unless they finish bottom 4 and the contract he goes on is big enough to get them band 1 and i doubt any club would offer him a contract that big given his injury history. That said i didnt think daniher would get offered enough for band 1 with his history either so i suppose its possible.

Collingwood will match unless they finish bottom 4 and the contract he goes on is big enough to get them band 1 and i doubt any club would offer him a contract that big given his injury history. That said i didnt think daniher would get offered enough for band 1 with his history either so i suppose its possible.
Clubs will offer him band 1 money

Can't see how anybody could assume he is certain to stay. New coach, does he gel with him? Team finishes bottom 4 again? Maybe he wants a lifestyle change?

Fly is known within the footy industry as an incredible relationship builder. Footy industry personalities have explicitly stated the same.

IMO that aspect will be smooth sailing. Particularly with the other experienced coaches we’ve also added.

As for the lifestyle change… I guess that’s a bit of an unknown.

Personally I have a feeling that if he goes anywhere it will be to the Swans for that exact reason.

Although they were tight on salary cap so that might not be a realistic option. Unless Bud’s impending retirement opens up some room to backend a proposed contract.

Darcy understands failure. His dad never won a flag. They stopped presenting runners up medals at the GF after he chucked his away. He won't want to finish his career without success. And as much as the AFL will prop them up, it's highly unlikely the Pies win a flag before Darcy retires. Their playing list is a shambles.

He'll get huge offers and if Collingwood finish bottom 2 there would be no point matching them. I'm calling it ridiculously early. He's gone.

Darcy understands failure. His dad never won a flag. They stopped presenting runners up medals at the GF after he chucked his away. He won't want to finish his career without success. And as much as the AFL will prop them up, it's highly unlikely the Pies win a flag before Darcy retires. Their playing list is a shambles.

He'll get huge offers and if Collingwood finish bottom 2 there would be no point matching them. I'm calling it ridiculously early. He's gone.
I disagree with your position here.
Do you think Moore Snr, with his brownlows, looks back on his football career as a failure? His son has made more money in two years than he did his entire career, it's funded a very good lifestyle and set him up for his life after.

His injury history will mean a club willing to offer similar money for more years will win his signature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Moore Snr, with his brownlows, looks back on his football career as a failure? His son has made more money in two years than he did his entire career, it's funded a very good lifestyle and set him up for his life after.

His injury history will mean a club willing to offer similar money for more years will win his signature.
Peter Moore had fantastic career, it obviously wasn't a failure. But he did fail to win a flag despite coming second four times. He retired unfilled and I'm sure he would happily trade his Brownlows for premiership medals. If Darcy stays at Collingwood he is almost certain to not win a flag either.
He will earn a fortune regardless of whether he stays or leaves. If I was in Darcy's position I'd get out of Collingwood and try and win a flag.

As a side note, and mostly contradicting my argument. Peter left Collingwood for Melbourne for money and despite winning his second Brownlow there later regretted the decision. Darcy would be leaving for different reasons, but it would be interesting what advice his dad would give him.

Peter Moore had fantastic career, it obviously wasn't a failure. But he did fail to win a flag despite coming second four times. He retired unfilled and I'm sure he would happily trade his Brownlows for premiership medals. If Darcy stays at Collingwood he is almost certain to not win a flag either.
He will earn a fortune regardless of whether he stays or leaves. If I was in Darcy's position I'd get out of Collingwood and try and win a flag.

As a side note, and mostly contradicting my argument. Peter left Collingwood for Melbourne for money and despite winning his second Brownlow there later regretted the decision. Darcy would be leaving for different reasons, but it would be interesting what advice his dad would give him.

Yeah not sure about your assumptions…

Peter Moore has publicly stated he regrets having left the Pies and wished he had been a one club player.

Yeah not sure about your assumptions…

Peter Moore has publicly stated he regrets having left the Pies and wished he had been a one club player.
That's what I said. Though he has also said at different times that he didn't regret leaving the pies, so who knows what he thinks now.

Can't see how anybody could assume he is certain to stay. New coach, does he gel with him? Team finishes bottom 4 again? Maybe he wants a lifestyle change?

and Maybe our Next Captain

and Peter has said after his Career his Biggest Mistake was Leaving Collingwood

and Peter has said after his Career his Biggest Mistake was Leaving Collingwood
Sometimes he says that. Sometimes he says he doesn't regret it at all. I think he is still conflicted over his decision.

'club stability and the chance to play finals regularly should be more important factors than money in any player's decision'

Luckily Collingwood are very stable and will be playing regular finals over the next few years or you'd have a problem.

Sometimes he says that. Sometimes he says he doesn't regret it at all. I think he is still conflicted over his decision.

'club stability and the chance to play finals regularly should be more important factors than money in any player's decision'

Luckily Collingwood are very stable and will be playing regular finals over the next few years or you'd have a problem.
Horne seems to have high expectations. You must not be too confident in retaining his services given it’s unlikely you’ll play finals for a few years.

Will be very interesting to see how this shapes up throughout the season if he doesn't sign early.

Collingwood are a big chance for the spoon this year, Moore might want to move to chase a premiership and the Pies might be inclined to let him walk for a top 3 pick.

Especially since De Goey likely won't be getting any band 1 FA offers after his most recent run in with the law.

Will be very interesting to see how this shapes up throughout the season if he doesn't sign early.

Collingwood are a big chance for the spoon this year, Moore might want to move to chase a premiership and the Pies might be inclined to let him walk for a top 3 pick.

Especially since De Goey likely won't be getting any band 1 FA offers after his most recent run in with the law.
Simple fact is that the Pies don’t lose players. We may push them out, and they have a little cry, but we don’t lose them. Moore will re-sign, but I doubt we would match the $800k pa offer North will make for JDG

Simple fact is that the Pies don’t lose players. We may push them out, and they have a little cry, but we don’t lose them. Moore will re-sign, but I doubt we would match the $800k pa offer North will make for JDG
Hilarious response, let's see how you feel at the end of the season. No one is going to offer De Goey $800k pa, especially with yet another court case looming.

But please feel free to continue pushing out your best young players though, that's worked a treat for us so far.

Darcy Moore will not only line up for Collingwood in 2023 but he’ll probably be the captain too. Foolish to suggest he’ll be anywhere else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back