Recommitted Darcy Moore [signs 6 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious response, let's see how you feel at the end of the season. No one is going to offer De Goey $800k pa, especially with yet another court case looming.

But please feel free to continue pushing out your best young players though, that's worked a treat for us so far.

Stephenson šŸ˜‚

Not bothered in the slightest. The blokes scared of his own shadow, let alone getting tackled.

I donā€™t itā€™s an understatement to say heā€™s the most timid AFL player Iā€™ve ever seen play the game. He makes that other overpaid rookie you have on your list looks like a legit hard man.

As for JDG (assuming the legal matters clear) if the club or he decides to move on, I think itā€™s fairly naive to think a club right in the window wouldnā€™t pay the fairly low bar to get band 1 compo.

Last edited:
Stephenson šŸ˜‚

Not bothered in the slightest. The blokes scared of his own shadow, let alone getting tackled.

I donā€™t itā€™s an understatement to say heā€™s the most timid AFL player Iā€™ve ever seen play the game. He makes that other overpaid rookie you have on your list looks like a legit hard man.

As for JDG (assuming the legal matters clear) if the club or he decides to move on, I think itā€™s fairly naive to think a club right in the window wouldnā€™t pay the fairly low bar to get band 1 compo.

He was easily our Best Young Player and He will make us look how big of a Mistake it was of just Getting Rid of Him

He was easily our Best Young Player and He will make us look how big of a Mistake it was of just Getting Rid of Him

Dave, we didnā€™t agree about him before he got traded and we arenā€™t going to agree now mate.

IMO blokes as soft as him are a cancer in a footy side. Part of the reason there wasnā€™t exactly a queue of teams lining up to scoop him up, even with the meagre trade value involved.

Anyway back to Darcyā€¦ Hopefully wonā€™t be going anywhere and should be our next captain.

Last edited:

Stephenson šŸ˜‚

Why would we want him to get tackled? If he's being used as an in and under mid then we're utilizing him wrong. But regardless he was still the best young player at Collingwood and you traded him for peanuts.

A club right in the window wouldn't pick up JDG either, the bloke is an absolute culture killer. I wonder how a playing group would feel bringing in someone on band 1 wages who can't be trusted to go overseas without getting arrested.

Hilarious response, let's see how you feel at the end of the season. No one is going to offer De Goey $800k pa, especially with yet another court case looming.

But please feel free to continue pushing out your best young players though, that's worked a treat for us so far.
You mean the offcuts?
I think heā€™s still crying having to go to North

Stephenson šŸ˜‚

Here are some highlights of Sleavo getting 38 possessions and kicking the sealer in the wet in Perth.

If we can re-sign JDG for $500k or under because of no interest he will be an absolute bargain match winner.

Here are some highlights of Sleavo getting 38 possessions and kicking the sealer in the wet in Perth.

You didnā€™t show highlights of the games where he squibs it. Surely that will be easier to find. Even North fans were calling for him to be dropped.

Half the time you canā€™t find the guy in the field because he plays so far out he spends time in the stands eating dim sims waiting for someone to kick the ball out his way.

Why would we want him to get tackled? If he's being used as an in and under mid then we're utilizing him wrong. But regardless he was still the best young player at Collingwood and you traded him for peanuts.

A club right in the window wouldn't pick up JDG either, the bloke is an absolute culture killer. I wonder how a playing group would feel bringing in someone on band 1 wages who can't be trusted to go overseas without getting arrested.

I didnā€™t realise the ability to dispose under pressure was exclusive to in and under mids.

Let alone the ability to win even the occasional post stoppage contested ball, apply some form of actual/effective defensive pressure or absorb a modicum of body contact in marking situationsā€¦ You know, the things the best mid sized forwards and wings are actually able to do.

Needless to say I donā€™t rate him (and wanted him traded).

The fact is our club didnā€™t either, as he wasnā€™t getting a regular game and was dispensable. Nor was he sought after by any other club except yours, even with the minimal trade value attached.

Last edited:
I didnā€™t realise the ability to dispose under pressure was exclusive to in and under mids.

Let alone the ability to win even the occasional post stoppage contested ball, apply some form of actual/effective defensive pressure or absorb a modicum of body contact in marking situationsā€¦ You know, the things the best mid sized forwards and wings are actually able to do.

Needless to say I donā€™t rate him (and wanted him traded).

The fact is our club didnā€™t either, as he wasnā€™t getting a regular game and was dispensable. Nor was he sought after by any other club except yours, even with the minimal trade value attached.
It's genuinely hilarious reading this, and then finding out that Stevo averaged more tackles and contested marks this year than JDG.

You don't have to rate him, but to say your club didn't and no other clubs did either is disingenuous. Your incompetent list management team put him up for trade at the end of the trade period, with a 500k wage that most teams couldn't accommodate except North, plus you still needed Jaidyn to agree to the club for the trade.

Smarter clubs would've either tried to trade him earlier or not f***ed up their cap so they had to give away good players.

Anyways, this has derailed the Moore thread enough, let's hope the new people in charge at the Pies are a bit smarter this time around.

It's genuinely hilarious reading this, and then finding out that Stevo averaged more tackles and contested marks this year than JDG.

You don't have to rate him, but to say your club didn't and no other clubs did either is disingenuous. Your incompetent list management team put him up for trade at the end of the trade period, with a 500k wage that most teams couldn't accommodate except North, plus you still needed Jaidyn to agree to the club for the trade.

Thatā€™s why I said effective tackle pressure. FMD Jarryd Blair used to top our recorded tackle numbers and Iā€™m not sure he ever laid an actual effective tackle in a game.

I donā€™t disagree our previous list management was incompetent, but I also think itā€™s disingenuous to paint him as this amazing underpriced asset like you have. Particularly given the facts as we know them donā€™t support that narrative.

Either way, I do agree this thread is supposed to be about Moore. Hopefully he re-signs early in the new year so it can be closed.

Last edited:

IF JDG found Guilty he will never play AFL Again I am pretty Sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

šŸ˜‚ no interest at $500k..?

De Goey will be getting paid. Either at Collingwood or somewhere else.
I totally agree, however it seems there are people here who think no club will be interested in him.

Smarter clubs would've either tried to trade him earlier or not f***ed up their cap so they had to give away good players.

Anyways, this has derailed the Moore thread enough, let's hope the new people in charge at the Pies are a bit smarter this time around.
So amazing he couldnā€™t even make the top 10 of the B&F in the worst team of the comp. Yep, a $500k pa for 5 years bargain.

Reportedly, Joe Daniher got $2.2m over 3 years from Brisbane.

If Moore decides to leave, heā€™ll easily get that money and we wonā€™t match.

We are a few years off playing finals, then a couple more to make top 4 and contend. If Moore wants success, itā€™ll well and truly be at the backend of his career.

Maynard has now signed, less available for d Moore

We have another 30 Players out of Contract at end of this Season so I think we can find Room for Moore's New Contract

I donā€™t see Darcy Moore moving at all.

Priority list:
1. Darcy Moore
2. Darcy Moore

10000. JDG

This one is going to be very interesting to watch.

Pies will obviously be keen for him to stay but if they have a poor year and the offers come for Darcy as expected, are they really saying no to a band one compensation pick?

A top 4 pick will do very nicely by the Pies as they continue through their rebuild. 2 of them could accelerate that rebuild and produce something pretty special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back