Recommitted Darcy Moore [signs 6 year deal]

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I beg to differ.

Why would he wait 5 years just to compete for finals when he can go to a club straight away and contend for success. He'll get this with the doggies or Swans, not the Hawks.

Again, makes no sense why he goes from a bottom 4 club to another potential bottom 4-6 club.

To be honest I think he stays anyway.
Same reason as to why May and Lever went to the Dees $$$$$$

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I beg to differ.

Why would he wait 5 years just to compete for finals when he can go to a club straight away and contend for success. He'll get this with the doggies or Swans, not the Hawks.

Again, makes no sense why he goes from a bottom 4 club to another potential bottom 4-6 club.

To be honest I think he stays anyway.

We already have the better D.Moore anyway.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Same reason as to why May and Lever went to the Dees $$$$$$
No there is a significant difference and miles apart.

Melbourne were finals contending and played off in a prelim when they recruited May. In fact, May was offered more money by Collingwood but we were just lucky that we had been deep in discussion since middle of 2018.

Hawthorn are at least 5 years away from at least contending deep in September and if he wants more money then Collingwood will most likely have the cap to suit his needs even though I don't see him as someone that's driven by money.

Darcy Moore isn't waiting that for potential success.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No there is a significant difference and miles apart.

Melbourne were finals contending and played off in a prelim when they recruited May. In fact, May was offered more money by Collingwood but we were just lucky that we had been deep in discussion since middle of 2018.

Hawthorn are at least 5 years away from at least contending deep in September and if he wants more money then Collingwood will most likely have the cap to suit his needs even though I don't see him as someone that's driven by money.

Darcy Moore isn't waiting that for potential success.
And what about Lever why did he pick the dee’s??

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
And what about Lever why did he pick the dee’s??
"I chose Melbourne because we had a little bit of a connection [with national recruiting manager Jason Taylor] through the draft". "The connection that you make beforehand, just made it so much easier. I was so blown away by how much they’ve changed over the last couple of years – even when I’ve been in the system. The game style they play is super exciting".

He's also been on record when we recruited him at the end of 2017stating that he genuinely saw us contending for finals success immediately.

He wasn't even far off though. We missed out on finals by 0.2% in 2017 and then made the prelim the following which unfortunately he was out with a knee injury.

Money will always be a factor in every single player's decision come the trade period. But he was hell bent on his decision more around that we were close to a premiership then some clubs who were also throwing big money at him.

I have zero idea of the doggies salary situation. Only named them in terms of the perfect fit for Moore and the team structure.

Just after 2016 we re-signed JJ on a huge, huge contract, that clearly has not even come close to paying off, at the end of this season it's off the books and free's up a huge chunk of change for us to play with (over 600k). We still have some headroom to move with our cap, I'd love for us to throw everything + kitchen sink at Moore as yeah, Keith, Moore, Darcy, Daniel, Williams and Duryea down back sound like a very solid back 6.

Just after 2016 we re-signed JJ on a huge, huge contract, that clearly has not even come close to paying off, at the end of this season it's off the books and free's up a huge chunk of change for us to play with (over 600k). We still have some headroom to move with our cap, I'd love for us to throw everything + kitchen sink at Moore as yeah, Keith, Moore, Darcy, Daniel, Williams and Duryea down back sound like a very solid back 6.
We also have Wood's salary off the books, but conversely we do have English, Dunkley & Bailey Smith to re-sign as well as a bunch of guys who would be pushing their case for reasonable contracts too (VDM & Garcia for a start).

I don't think we're in the hunt especially considering TOB is probably on AFL average.

Would be amazing if he went to the Dogs given Collingwood are paying them for Treloar.

I could see Sydney, Essendon & maybe Fremantle all having a crack with very good $$ and the promise of finals.

I think he stays at the Pies though. He will get good coin, a leadership role (if not captaincy) and is young enough to see the rebuild through and achieve success.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We also have Wood's salary off the books, but conversely we do have English, Dunkley & Bailey Smith to re-sign as well as a bunch of guys who would be pushing their case for reasonable contracts too (VDM & Garcia for a start).

I don't think we're in the hunt especially considering TOB is probably on AFL average.
Dale and Daniel as well.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would be amazing if he went to the Dogs given Collingwood are paying them for Treloar.

I could see Sydney, Essendon & maybe Fremantle all having a crack with very good $$ and the promise of finals.

I think he stays at the Pies though. He will get good coin, a leadership role (if not captaincy) and is young enough to see the rebuild through and achieve success.
Just as amazing when Ross Lyin asked for a first round pick from the Pies for Luke Premiership medallion Ball , yet didn’t deem him good enough to be selected in his own team at Saints. Flog

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
That didn't age well. Maybe the attraction of Sydney is the house prices, he can sell the house he bought a few years ago in a trendy inner suburb for a cheaper one in Sydney.:)
Didn't age well? He was in the running if Pendlebury wanted to step out of it... Him, Maynard and Grundy. Pendles was comfortable going again..

Stupid post.

Back