Recommitted Darcy Moore [signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they're paying all the salary cap to De Goey and Grundy and can't afford to pay him anywhere near what another club would?
Yes apparently one player on $900k and another on a yet to be determined salary are eating up all our cap.
Meanwhile Richmond signs Dusty to $1.2m, has Prestia, Cotchin, Reiwoldt and Lynch all on large contracts, is chasing Saad and nobody says boo....

Yes apparently one player on $900k and another on a yet to be determined salary are eating up all our cap.
Meanwhile Richmond signs Dusty to $1.2m, has Prestia, Cotchin, Reiwoldt and Lynch all on large contracts, is chasing Saad and nobody says boo....
All those players you mentioned are on upwards of $700k and then the next tier...Caddy, Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Grimes...list goes on, definitely rorting the system.

All those players you mentioned are on upwards of $700k and then the next tier...Caddy, Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Grimes...list goes on, definitely rorting the system.
I’m not accusing the Tigers of anything. I’m simply making a point that we aren’t the only club with several highly payed players on our list, yet our club seems to be the only one that everyone thinks has a bursting cap.

That’s a bit rich after you literally dissected the Richmond football clubs cap one post earlier.
Carry on
Like I've mentioned, every man and his dog seems to know and have an expert opinion on our cap situation...time some of these 'experts' shifted the focus on other clubs, like yours as your the benchmark of the competition ATM.

No we are not , They all work at Puma and play footy on min salary

currently all on Job Keeper

I’m not accusing the Tigers of anything. I’m simply making a point that we aren’t the only club with several highly payed players on our list, yet our club seems to be the only one that everyone thinks has a bursting cap.
I think that has alot to do with the salaries the Pies have been paying Cox,Mayne,Beams,Wells etc that have been well publicized then have alook at the remaining players like Adams,Treloar,Moore,Grundy,DeGoey,Elliot,Pendlebury,Sidebottom and 2+2 just does not equal 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the hold up on this?

With list cuts and re-budgeting in a covid world, contracts are going to take longer to get finalised this year.

Thats kinda the point... big name player on out of contract would also be getting a big pay rise.
What part of DeGoeys indeifferent form (outside of 2 games) this year, and pending court case and potential ban if found guilty, makes you think he’s in line for a pay rise?

Thats kinda the point... big name player on out of contract would also be getting a big pay rise.
He won't be getting a big pay rise. A small one maybe. He's already getting paid very well. Moore will be the one who gets the bigger increase. It's not like we have to find $800K for the each of them. They're already earning the best part of that

DARCY MOORE (COLL)

Draft picks:
Two mid-to-late first-round picks
Value on open market: $800,000-900,000

All signs point to Moore re-signing with the Pies and to this point, all discussions are heading in the right direction. Fresh off his maiden AFL All-Australian blazer, Moore would be the most valuable intercepting defender in the game.

He will reach-sign but if I would give up pick 5 and Peter Wright as an offer to secure him
You’d give pick 5 and a salary dump? What a generous offer....

He will reach-sign but if I would give up pick 5 and Peter Wright as an offer to secure him
You'd have to throw in another decent player/ Pick if a deal happened, it'd have to be more than say the Lever deal was based on the quality of Moore

Going nowhere. Darcy and the club will come to some sort of arrangement to keep him in B&W.

Not sure it will be a long term deal but maybe a 2 years on pretty good coin that would take him up to his UFA stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back