Prediction Darcy Moore. Struggle or excel in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

They're actually remarkably similar imo. 2 years ago I was calling Daniher s**t and overrated, I'll admit it, and he actually had more support than Moore has had this year.

Just think back to that West Coast game last year before Moore did his hammy. That was an extraordinary quarter and a half of footy, and that's the player Moore is capable of becoming.
Exactly, Daniher as good as he has been is only going to kick 60 goals this year and while that is very good people saying he is better than the rest and will kick 100 are getting ahead of them selves. Now I think he is going to regularly be able to kick between 60-80 goals a year and that is bloody fantastic. I am not trying to pot him here at all. But there is no reason Moore can't reach that level he had a bad patch for a month when he was getting use to the extra attention but after that in the next 10 games he has averaged 1.8 goals per game (Daniher 2.8 in his 5th season). You also have to look at the support Essendon has for him and while Stewart and Hooker aren't great they keep there defenders engaged and then look at there ball movement it has stuck out like dog balls the two times we have played them they take the game on and use the ball quickly and efficiently giving Joe good looks at it. I can see Moore kicking 60 goals in 2019

Been very disappointing has young Darcy, he'll need to have a big season next year or he might find himself at CHB, which wouldn't be the end of the world but i'd much rather him succeed up front.
He's kicked more goals than any other current player under 22....

Yeah i saw that as well, but he has been given more opportunities than most young KFs.
So what? He's been playing a lone hand as a key forward and has kicked close to 2 goals a game since round 5. Wtf more do you want from a 21 year old key forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what? He's been playing a lone hand as a key forward and has kicked close to 2 goals a game since round 5. Wtf more do you want from a 21 year old key forward?
Kicked a heap of junk time goals, i don't think he's had much of an impact on games, sure he will improve but he's got a long way to go, happy to agree to disagree though.

Work his way into the game in the second half after a poor first.
Really l don't know what some people were expecting this year with Darcy,
Been very solid in his out put. Will only improve as he gets bigger, fitter and more experienced

He is consistently in our bottom 3 possession getters. For a mobile athletic tall who gets a decent run on the ball this is the worry for me. He needs to find how to get some easy ball and get involved more. He tries hard and works hard but it just doesn't come to him.

Yes but on the other hand he has been under more pressure having to play one out with no support. **** me did Peter root your wife? You have it in for the bloke it's pissing down rain and he manages two goals not a great game by any stretch but the signs are there
You back Buckley then you say Darcy has no support, why doesn't he have support?

Darcy will be a great player for us, but if he played for the Crows for example he'd be playing SANFL.

You back Buckley then you say Darcy has no support, why doesn't he have support?

Darcy will be a great player for us, but if he played for the Crows for example he'd be playing SANFL.
One and never backed Bucks the reason Moore has no support is down to him and the list manager.

Two he would get a game over Mitch McGovern each week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back