Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So glad common sense prevailed. Welcome Darcy, you are the beacon in what has been a crappy couple of months for collingwood. #30 jumpers will be walking out the door very soon.

If we go best available with our assumed pick 4 or 5 for the Beams trade then McCartin or Wright will be ours.

Payback might be swift.

Do you really need them, though?

Moore is probably rated higher/the equal of and you just took him?

I'd have thought your priority would be a mid to replace Beams...a Brayshaw/Petracca type?

Tall timber is the one thing the Pies have in spades?

I'd have thought your priority would be a mid to replace Beams...a Brayshaw/Petracca type?

Never too early to find Darcy's running mate for the next 10-15 years... ;)

And so it has come to pass. The prodigal son of the sinful father has returned to where his family name belongs.

Welcome home, old boy.

Farewell, faithful thread. We tried, but 200 pages by Bidding Day just wasn't in us.

F*ck you, Beamer!

Cloke ends, Moore starts. That's how it works.

Petracca could slide, was not overly impressed with his combine results. McCartin if available at 4 would be a good fit but I am putting my money on Lever possibly being picked up by Collingwoodfc at 4, that is if the trade goes through with Brisbane. That would be a fantastic result IMO.

We don't have any up and coming tall forwards though. A young talented KPF was our number 1 need coming into the draft period. There are plenty of other picks to take mids with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F U Western Bulldogs.

I hope like s**t we take the KPP you were after with our pick 4.

Welcome to your destiny Darcy, hope you kill it.

Get a 9 year deal in front of Bontempelli, STAT!

Payback... :cool:

I'm not sure why some Pies fans have an issue with Moore having been bid on?

The kid is clearly a top five pick - and the system has done exactly what it is designed to - ensure fair market value.

We'd have been rapt to get him at five - as you should be to get a free crack at him at eight.

Because most other teams get their FS for at least 10 or more spots past their worth, it is more a product of us winning too much and not enough to get maximum value from him.

Swans get arguably a top 2 midfielder for a pick close to 20 for example.

Dogs did it to force our hand, more then because they thought they would get him there was no risk they either get a KPP rated around the mark or make a rival use a 1st rounder.

Dogs did it to force our hand, more then because they thought they would get him there was no risk they either get a KPP rated around the mark or make a rival use a 1st rounder.

And that is exactly the intent of the system.

Other then 1 rookie we have 0 developing tall forwards.

It takes 4 years for talls to come on guess how old our top 22 tall KPF will be then...

It is a need as much as restocking the midfield, even more so imo as KPP are rare to get good ones. Yet quality mids are in EVERY single draft.

Might have to wait 4 years to get another draft that has the same quality talls. You should know dogs have struggled to replace Chris Grant since he retired 7 going on 8 years.

once Melbourne most likely secure pick #3 for Frawley then 8 becomes #9. and I still think at Pick #9 Moore is a bargain.

If we happen to secure Greenwood that somewhat compensates for the lack of grunt and Mature body in the midfield I would personally take Sewell as the L Ball replacement purely for another Hard body and then use the assuming pick #4 on a gun mid. if the Rumours are true then we will get danger for nothing next year

once Melbourne most likely secure pick #3 for Frawley then 8 becomes #9. and I still think at Pick #9 Moore is a bargain.

If we happen to secure Greenwood that somewhat compensates for the lack of grunt and Mature body in the midfield I would personally take Sewell as the L Ball replacement purely for another Hard body and then use the assuming pick #4 on a gun mid. if the Rumours are true then we will get danger for nothing next year
What would be the point in forcing Ball to retire and then taking a replacement over the hil mid to fill his role? That would be as stupid as sacking Sav Rocca and adding Cummings.

What would be the point in forcing Ball to retire and then taking a replacement over the hil mid to fill his role? That would be as stupid as sacking Sav Rocca and adding Cummings.
Ball's Back was done it needed an operation which would be a massive risk not just on his playing career but the rest of his life. if it wasn't for his back I believe that he would have stayed on. also the call On ball was made before knowledge of beams and Martin walking out.

Ball's Back was done it needed an operation which would be a massive risk not just on his playing career but the rest of his life. if it wasn't for his back I believe that he would have stayed on. also the call On ball was made before knowledge of beams and Martin walking out.
It would be silly and dangerous to retire players like we have and then take a player retired by another club. Even so, what would be the point of taking a player we hope might have a year left in the tank when we aren't going to get near a flag in that timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back