Moved Thread Darcy Moore v Charlie Curnow

Charlie Curnow or Darcy Moore

• Curnow

• Moore

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There are times where you really can be bullish about a player, Curnow is one of those players. Comfortably better prospect than Moore.
A better prospect? Kidding yourself, he may have had a better start to his career which isn't overly surprising considering he's around 8cm shorter, the bigger blokes always take longer, so no he isn't a better prospect at all.

There's no right or wrong answer ATM, Curnow has undoubtedly had the better start to his career but guys of Moores height often take longer to come good, so as far as 'prospects' go one isn't any moore :)) promising than the other.
No disrespect to Moore who I feel will be a good long term player for the Pies, but "if"we look at a key word here "Potential" Curnow could be a freak something that Moore will never get to. I must finish with "If" because there are no certainties in life and footy.

A better prospect? Kidding yourself, he may have had a better start to his career which isn't overly surprising considering he's around 8cm shorter, the bigger blokes always take longer, so no he isn't a better prospect at all.
Agree to disagree. I think in a couple of years youll see I was proven right.

If you are putting his better start down to him being 8cm you are clueless.
Its not shorter = better start
Curnow is 194cm, hes KPP size but can move like a midfielder.

Thats not to say Moore wont be good also. Curnow is just a better player and prospect.

Agree to disagree. I think in a couple of years youll see I was proven right.

If you are putting his better start down to him being 8cm you are clueless.
Its not shorter = better start
Curnow is 194cm, hes KPP size but can move like a midfielder.

Thats not to say Moore wont be good also. Curnow is just a better player and prospect.
And Moore is reported to have grown to around the 204cm mark, so he's almost 10cm taller, he's the height of a ruckman who moves like a KPP, but in saying that i'm not a big fan of the super tall KPPs, especially playing forward, not many KFs of that height have stellar careers, infact i can't think of one 200cm+ KF to have kicked 100 goals before, Daniher might end up being the exception to the rule though.

I reckon Moore will end up as a Mr fix it, forward-back and ruck.

And Moore is reported to have grown to around the 204cm mark, so he's almost 10cm taller, he's the height of a ruckman who moves like a KPP, but in saying that i'm not a big fan of the super tall KPPs, especially playing forward, not many KFs of that height have stellar careers, infact i can't think of one 200cm+ KF to have kicked 100 goals before, Daniher might end up being the exception to the rule though.

I reckon Moore will end up as a Mr fix it, forward-back and ruck.
If Moore is 204cm he probably needs to play ruck/kpf. Not many succesful KPP at that height. Thats enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I'd easily say Curnow.
I have both of them on my fantasy team, not counting out the possibility Moore could become consistent with a goal or two a game. Realistically though, a key forward should be kicking at least 3.

I guess we'll have to wait a few rounds to know whether Curnow's bag was a fluke or not.

If Moore is 204cm he probably needs to play ruck/kpf. Not many succesful KPP at that height. Thats enormous.
Darcy Moore's potential will not be fully realised until he plays ruck - like his old man. That probably won't happen while Grudy is on the list because Moore can play forward or back where Grundy can't.

Curnow!

Moore imo is considered more of a KP as Curnow has the ability and athleticism to play just about anywhere and has way more X factor.

I still thik Moore will come good just needs a little time and a settled position

Right now I'd easily say Curnow.
I have both of them on my fantasy team, not counting out the possibility Moore could become consistent with a goal or two a game. Realistically though, a key forward should be kicking at least 3.

I guess we'll have to wait a few rounds to know whether Curnow's bag was a fluke or not.
Curnow is not a full time forward. He will not be kicking bags every week. As long as he is influential and dominates his opponent, it's job done

Why would you not continue to play him as a full-time forward?
Because that would be robbing us of his other traits. If we're finding it hard to get the ball into our 50 (which will happen quite a bit) he is the kind of player that you would throw into the midfield to help you get it in there

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back