Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Moore has now taken over as Darcy's manager.

De Ja Vu anyone?
Peter is a smart business man who is on record of saying the way he lest Collingwood is his greatest mistake. Also he didn't force Darcy to play footy in the sense that Darcy almost quit to do drama and try and be an actor. Anyhow if the Clokes are anything to go buy it's not Peter you have to worry about its Darcy's mum as I have heard from a lot of different people that the Cloke's mum is the organ grinder and David is the monkey

Very surprising. He could be right up there for the top spot but he's dropped a few this year. He'll get there though.

He be further up he took a Few More

I thought he was quite poor today which is good because his form in the last two months has raised my expectations.

I thought he was quite poor today which is good because his form in the last two months has raised my expectations.

Thought he was 1 of our Best Players.

Kicked 3 and a few that at least put a Effort in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quiet 1st half but was really good after 1/2 time, to be expected from a young key forward.
This time next year he will be stringing full games together and starting to dominate

I hope Darcy gets more time in the ruck it seems to bring him into the game and add confidence when going back forward.
And let's not forget he is the only tall in the forward line at the moment.
Give him time.

It was his worst game for a few weeks but still managed to get 3 goals. Needs another marking target, it's no coincidence that he played his best footy when Elliott was also up and about. On track for somewhere just over 30 goals for the year, probably slightly below what we'd want in his third year but he'll be fine.

It was his worst game for a few weeks but still managed to get 3 goals. Needs another marking target, it's no coincidence that he played his best footy when Elliott was also up and about. On track for somewhere just over 30 goals for the year, probably slightly below what we'd want in his third year but he'll be fine.
Not that White was ever that highly rated but when he came to the club I don't think anyone would have expected Moore to be leading the forward line in his third year with no support from Cloke or White

For those wanting to compare Moore and Daniher. Darcy has played 39 games for 51 goals after 39 games Big Joe had kicked 53 goals in his first 39 games. So not much in it, Moore will be a very good player for us he just needs support
Yeah i've seen the stats, fact is Moore's output is poor, like countless other promising KFs, fact is Daniher is now one of the premier KFs in the comp, Moore is longgggg odds to get anywhere near him IMO.

Yeah i've seen the stats, fact is Moore's output is poor, like countless other promising KFs, fact is Daniher is now one of the premier KFs in the comp, Moore is longgggg odds to get anywhere near him IMO.
But he is also three years older, all this negativity towards Moore is tall poppy syndrome at its finest. Daniher may very well be a better forward when it's all said and done but Moore will become an A grade key forward. In Danihers first 39 games he took 50 contested marks to Moores 70

Last edited:
But he is also three years older, all this negativity towards Moore is tall poppy syndrome at its finest. Daniher may very well be a better forward when it's all said and done but Moore will become an A grade key forward. In Danihers first 39 games he took 50 contested marks to Moores 70
Says you? It's one thing to match Danihers early days, but mate, matching him now is a ******* completely different kettle of fish, i hope you're right obviously, but using that formula isn't accurate.

Says you? It's one thing to match Danihers early days, but mate, matching him now is a ******* completely different kettle of fish, i hope you're right obviously, but using that formula isn't accurate.
Daniher is very good but he is still only averaging 2.5 goals a game in his 5th season Moore could realistically achieve that. Moore is performing well our forward problems have nothing to do with him

Not that White was ever that highly rated but when he came to the club I don't think anyone would have expected Moore to be leading the forward line in his third year with no support from Cloke or White

Yeah that's true. He definitely needs someone, whether it be Reid, Cox or White

For those wanting to compare Moore and Daniher. Darcy has played 39 games for 51 goals after 39 games Big Joe had kicked 53 goals in his first 39 games. So not much in it, Moore will be a very good player for us he just needs support
Also need to factor in the absolute garbage delivery Darcy gets as well. Give him time and some teammates that can hit him on the tit laceout and he will be much more than ok.

Yesterday was a down game from Darcy. The key for me though was that he still managed to hit the scoreboard in a down game. Younger KPF's tend to be complete non events when things aren't going their way so to see him stick it out was pleasing.

Projecting forward, IMO, it's a given that Cox returns to the seniors next week. When the decision is made to recall Cox we can't play him through the ruck! If the Cox and Moore forward combination is to work it has to be Moore that receives the freedom of chopping out in the ruck.

Using Cox as the relief ruck impacts on the game of three of our players (Moore, Cox and Grundy) we can't afford that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back