Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it said he Kicked Most Goals for 22 and Under for Current Players/

Moore just needs Game Time,Experince and Strength/

Is being Behind Danhier and Hogan a Big Worry or Not. I say he as least as much Potential as they have but had played in a Poor/Poor Skilled Team/No Help so does not get as High Numbers yet. Should come though
As I said, I am not at all worried. If and when we get a settled forward line, you will see improvement and he is doing okay in my opinion.

Did you read the article? Darcy said it took some adjustment growing taller unexpectedly (I'm paraphrasing). My guess... think of a puppy that's body is too big for it's puppy mind, it runs funny. It's kinda like that.
Very apt.

Let's hope its nothing serious. That could effect him for rest of his Career
We all hope that, all though he was able to run off the ground, so it may not be to bad. Fingers crossed .

Any news on him yet? I know he had tingling down the arm after the incident so they were worried about possible nerve root damage. Hopefully he's ok.

We'll find out in the morning (or, afternoon in the great Blackmore's injury report):

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-24/pie-pair-out-of-hospital-return-unclear

Moore sustained a neck injury, while Varcoe dislocated his elbow and suffered a concussion.

The Pies do not expect either player to be available for Sunday's clash with Adelaide.

There is no timeframe set on their return yet, with the club due to receive more results on Tuesday morning.

Fingers crossed it's not serious anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Game Today. Took some very strong marks. Just need to take some more inside 50 to get shots on goal. Instead of marking them on the Wing

Thought that was his best game of the year. His around the ground marking was terrific. Great to see him getting more of it.

Previously I've been impressed by his hands when asked to jump at a high ball, but that's the first time that I've seen him look top shelf marking them out in front. Really exciting game from him.

It was another step forward for Moore but his finishing off around goal is still a major concern.

Running into an open goal and misses and his set shot in the last.

His work up the ground is what impresses me most and his ability to hit the ball at full speed with arms extended and hold onto the pill.

If we acquired a quality forward i would still like to see what he's capable of playing at CHB.

It was another step forward for Moore but his finishing off around goal is still a major concern.

Running into an open goal and misses and his set shot in the last.

His work up the ground is what impresses me most and his ability to hit the ball at full speed with arms extended and hold onto the pill.

If we acquired a quality forward i would still like to see what he's capable of playing at CHB.

IF we play him Down Back then we will have to at least find 2 Proper KPF's.

What he is I think is a Upgrade on what Leigh Brown Did. Forward who goes thru the Ruck.

We have quite a lot of Players that don't finish in front of goal

Best game I've seen him play. I think that is his go. Lead up forward running round the ground with stints in the ruck and lead out or run into goal rather standing in the goal square trying to monster others/leap over packs.

Agree. Looks way Better up the Ground then as a Deep Forward.

Shows will still need a True/Proper FF

I loved his second quarter in particular, presented really well and held his marks. Shades of Nick Riewoldt the way he presented. I think a CHF role (rotating in the ruck) seems to be the best fit for him.

A lot of his best work was around CHB/kickouts but I was really encouraged by his sure hands and hitting the contested marks hard , esp after last week. Could be his breakout game.

He has been working on his marking obviously and it is paying off, time enough to move him into the forward line once he grows into his body and bulks up a bit. For now the tall, mobile utility is by far the best fit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back