Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and How do you know for Sure?
Because there was absolutely nothing in Moore’s comments that could lead any rational person to the conclusion that Moore is unhappy with the club itself or the way that Darcy is being used. He even went as far as to say that Darcy would likely be more influential in defence, ruck or on a wing because of the way we’re structured up forward.

and How do you know for Sure?
Because his old man always regretted leaving, and l don’t think he would leave because the coach played him in the back line.

I think Darcy will play wherever the coach wants him to.
Ask yourself why Paddy McCartin's dad or Tom Lynch's dad weren't sought out for their opinions on coaching or opportunity for their sons. It's summer and the AFL website and the HS HAVE to keep Collingwood clickbait stories going in order to stay in the public eye.
Pretty sure Peter Moore didn't ring up the reporters to HAVE his say!

Because there was absolutely nothing in Moore’s comments that could lead any rational person to the conclusion that Moore is unhappy with the club itself or the way that Darcy is being used. He even went as far as to say that Darcy would likely be more influential in defence, ruck or on a wing because of the way we’re structured up forward.

Well I worry about 2 Things about that. Saying our Forward Structure is Not Very Good. Though I doubt Moore play Ruck with Both Cox and Grundy in same side.

I don't mind the Idea about him on the Wing as he could take a Mark from a Kick Out and can Actually Kick the Ball to Forwards Quite Well.

I highly doubt Moore would leave but IF we do go Backwards(Hope Not) again then never say never

Because his old man always regretted leaving, and l don’t think he would leave because the coach played him in the back line.

True but Footy is Lot Different to when he said the Quote. Though it does give you Hope that his Father would stop him Leaving

Well I worry about 2 Things about that. Saying our Forward Structure is Not Very Good. Though I doubt Moore play Ruck with Both Cox and Grundy in same side.
Being mildly critical of our forward structure is hardly something to get worked up about. He’s just stating the obvious.
I don't mind the Idea about him on the Wing as he could take a Mark from a Kick Out and can Actually Kick the Ball to Forwards Quite Well.

I highly doubt Moore would leave but IF we do go Backwards(Hope Not) again then never say never
Peter is on the record saying that leaving Collingwood was the biggest mistake of his career. I seriously doubt he would push Darcy to move unless the club made some kind of drastic move that could ruin his career.

True but Footy is Lot Different to when he said the Quote. Though it does give you Hope that his Father would stop him Leaving
He is not leaving, and we start winning games the kid will not care he lines up.

WHEN we Start Winning
You or him. There is no given these days as the competition is so even.
At this stage l believe we will win more games and play finals.
But it’s just my opinion. So on that, l look forward to next year.

You or him. There is no given these days as the competition is so even.
At this stage l believe we will win more games and play finals.
But it’s just my opinion. So that bases l look forward to next year.

At the Moment everyone is Even with 0-0 record. So anything is Possible but I just saying what I think.

You do have a Point with last 2 seasons. We just have to make Finals and Peak during Finals to win the Flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the Moment everyone is Even with 0-0 record. So anything is Possible but I just saying what I think.

You do have a Point with last 2 seasons. We just have to make Finals and Peak during Finals to win the Flag
Yep, these days it’s about making it in good shape, then playing your best when you get there. Bullies and tigers. Best team in the finals

Given our inability to score goals once inside 50 (15th in the league) you’d hope that he gets a lot of rebound 50’s to make up for our potentially increased impotence up forward.

This - it was clear that the tone in Moore Snr's quotes was very different to what the headline and reporters wording was trying to suggest. Peter was rightly pointing out that our structure doesnt make the best use of Key Forwards and that Darcy could well be better used in the backline or ruck, and he was quite happy for him to be rotated through those areas.
(Drastically different to any of the comments coming out of Cloke Snr - if Trav had been willing to be used elsewhere or differently he would still be an AFL player IMO. And his performances at Footscray suggest that it wasnt Bucks that was the problem)

Given our inability to score goals once inside 50 (15th in the league) you’d hope that he gets a lot of rebound 50’s to make up for our potentially increased impotence up forward.
It was more of our kicking points instead of goals was the problem.
We could could get it in there, just could not kick straight

Yep, these days it’s about making it in good shape, then playing your best when you get there. Bullies and tigers. Best team in the finals

Yep. With Bye during End of Season to Finals then Top 4 finish is not needed as much now

Collingwood kicked 278 goals last year.... Moore kicked 25 or roughly 9% of the total alone... no way he shifts to defence and saves 25 goals alone (granted that's hard to measure).

If Moore plays defence all year we are going to kick less than 278 goals next year. If Moore plays all year it shows that the best laid plans of the last couple of years (for Moore and our forward structure) have been laid to waste.

If we play him on a wing then where does that leave us to play Aish in the James Aish Football Club next year?

All he's done is put more pressure on the kid and make him look like he needs a silver platter delivery service, of course we will thrive in the backline, most players with talent will but you don't need your Dad announcing to the world you'll kill it in the backline because the coach doesn't know what he's doing, it's disruptive and divisive and stacks all the pressure on the player and coach just at a time when they are supposed to be gearing up for a new season with a positive attitude... Lou Richards was right, all ruckmen are morons
That’s not fair, Matty Primus was a genius for the rest of he league in styming Port’s development in the way he did.

Who do we play up forward in Moore's place? Nobody is the answer, particularly with the early demise of Elliott and Fasolo as likely heroes in the early rounds up forward. McLarty had better start showing some form in the backline because it will not be long before he is thrown to the wolves in defence. Goldsack and Dunn will both be past the usual Collingwood playing days over date so can't be relied upon to hold down key position. Only Reid could play forward and he too will be 29 at the start of the season, and given his injury history, is probably close to being forced to pack away his boots. Cox can hardly be expected to be the major big man up forward.

People question my glass half full approach to the club's fortunes, but the brittle nature of many of our players, our aging KPFs and lack of young replacements all too easily sobers my enthusiasm for our prospects. We need an injury free year to make finals and so far that is proving an elusive target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back