Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a great prospect, but I don't think that Moore has enough runs on the board as a forward or a defender to be an automatic inclusion. Also, he's never played a dominant game at any level. I think a couple of dominant games at VFL would be great for his confidence and development.

He's a great prospect, but I don't think that Moore has enough runs on the board as a forward or a defender to be an automatic inclusion. Also, he's never played a dominant game at any level. I think a couple of dominant games at VFL would be great for his confidence and development.

are you forgetting the game he kicked 5 vs the Dogs?

Or the game he was unbelievably BOG in a half vs WCE where he was marking everything all over the ground before being injured after half time?

He has definitely been dominant and we've seen the signs.

He's an automatic inclusion.

I agree he hasn’t really performed at a consistent level yet. His standing on BF is greater than his output to date based on draft pick and potential. Having said that I think he is an automatic pick. I would play him back. Think Moore, Howe and Shaz provide good aerial capabilities.

Remember that game against West Coast when we moved the ball fast he looked a million bucks. With our ball movement improving he can use his pace and athleticism

He looked dangerous against GWS before his hammy in the forward line.

Bucks spoke of the butterfly effect in that game but for me especially after the Adelaide game it is crystal clear that only two talls can be used in our forward line.

Small is the way to go and the best tall we have is Moore.

Our backline is working fine.........leave it alone.

Moore forward simple.

He looked dangerous against GWS before his hammy in the forward line.

Bucks spoke of the butterfly effect in that game but for me especially after the Adelaide game it is crystal clear that only two talls can be used in our forward line.

Small is the way to go and the best tall we have is Moore.

Our backline is working fine.........leave it alone.

Moore forward simple.
I couldn’t agree Moore. The goal he kicked against GWS was from a pressure act that is something you don’t get from Reid or Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t agree Moore. The goal he kicked against GWS was from a pressure act that is something you don’t get from Reid or Cox

Agree Moore is better then Both Cox and Reid but I can't see him going Forward while we are Winning Sadly

Our forward line is finally clicking... don't mess with it I say.

Moore will be an excellent backman. Can play on bigger bodies, has the speed to play on 188-190cm midsized types, can play as a goldsack style 3rd man up spoiler.

Dunn is needed for his experience, leadership, marshalling and kick ins. Howe stays. So when fit Moore's in for one of Langdon or Shaz.

Murray Dunn Crisp/Maynard

Langdon/shaz Moore Howe

Our forward line is finally clicking... don't mess with it I say.

Moore will be an excellent backman. Can play on bigger bodies, has the speed to play on 188-190cm midsized types, can play as a goldsack style 3rd man up spoiler.

Dunn is needed for his experience, leadership, marshalling and kick ins. Howe stays. So when fit Moore's in for one of Langdon or Shaz.

Murray Dunn Crisp/Maynard

Langdon/shaz Moore Howe
But our backline is playing incredibly well at the moment so why change that? Moore is good enough to be an automatic inclusion and his best position is forward so play him there.

On that logic he won’t play at all until we start to lose. If you can’t bring him in as a forward you can’t bring him in as a defender

Who Knows. Not bad Problem to have Really.

I agree he should be in the Best 22 but it's hard to find who to take out for him. No One is Playing Bad

But our backline is playing incredibly well at the moment so why change that? Moore is good enough to be an automatic inclusion and his best position is forward so play him there.

For mine, what can Langdon do down back that Moore can't?

Moore is taller, faster, can intercept well and offers far greater flexibility to the team....physically he could just as easily play on Daniher, Stewart or Stringer on Anzac day... and can be swung forward.

Can't say the same for Langdon or Shaz. No way I'm taking Dunn or Howe out of the back line. So only one of Langdon or Scharenberg needed.

If fit Moore has to play. Reid and Cox worked well last week. If that combo fails to gel then Moore can be swung deep forward for bursts and Reid down back. Or Cox benched and Moore played as a half forward-ruck.

are you forgetting the game he kicked 5 vs the Dogs?

Or the game he was unbelievably BOG in a half vs WCE where he was marking everything all over the ground before being injured after half time?

He has definitely been dominant and we've seen the signs.

He's an automatic inclusion.

I didn't forget the Dogs game. Yep he kicked 5, but a few of them were well after the game was lost. It certainly wasn't a dominant performance. Jesse White had several games of that level and higher. Agree that he was dominating in the WCE game before he got injured. He got injured in the second quarter, so I would call it a dominant quarter and a half, rather than a dominant game and it was nearly two years ago.

I agree that we've all seen the signs, I just think that his general production hasn't been enough for him to automatically replace guys that are performing their role. I also think that he'd benefit from playing a big game or two in the VFL.

For mine, what can Langdon do down back that Moore can't?

Moore is taller, faster, can intercept well and offers far greater flexibility to the team....physically he could just as easily play on Daniher, Stewart or Stringer on Anzac day... and can be swung forward.

Can't say the same for Langdon or Shaz. No way I'm taking Dunn or Howe out of the back line. So only one of Langdon or Scharenberg needed.

If fit Moore has to play. Reid and Cox worked well last week. If that combo fails to gel then Moore can be swung deep forward for bursts and Reid down back. Or Cox benched and Moore played as a half forward-ruck.

Yep. Moore in and Langdon out is a no brainer atm. Howe plays Langdon role=much better backline. Forward line stays mobile and dangerous.

I didn't forget the Dogs game. Yep he kicked 5, but a few of them were well after the game was lost. It certainly wasn't a dominant performance. Jesse White had several games of that level and higher. Agree that he was dominating in the WCE game before he got injured. He got injured in the second quarter, so I would call it a dominant quarter and a half, rather than a dominant game and it was nearly two years ago.

I agree that we've all seen the signs, I just think that his general production hasn't been enough for him to automatically replace guys that are performing their role. I also think that he'd benefit from playing a big game or two in the VFL.

You lost me at Jesse White sorry! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back