Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with all these rumours about him possibly being gay and wanting a move to Sydney? Sounds like absolute unsubstantiated crap made up by a couple trolls. Even if he is gay, why would that automatically mean Sydney? Melbourne has a pretty big scene too.
Don't tell the muppett Sydney supporters on the main board that. Apparently you can only be gay in Sydney.

Look, I'm probably being a little irrational but as of right now I'm worried about Darcy, i loved that we drafted him, hence my name and i always thought he would come good.

But as of right now he is a miss, you can't take 1 good passage of play a game and say theres potential there because even your Levi Greenwoods and Ben Crockers have the occasional passage of play which raises an eyebrow.

When Moore plays forward he is more of a liability than anything. 5 possesions and maybe a goal is not AFL standard. Down back we have been rock solid so why would we now rearrange/mould our backline to suit his game. I just find it hard to see this all australian potential when i find it hard for him to come back into our side unless he starts stringing solid and consistent games in the VFL.

I honestly welcome anybody to give me a solid point as to how or why Moore will be as good as majority of our supporters believe. And please do not try sell me on hope or opinios as that just proves my point that he hasn't lived up to his hype/expectations at 22. Which in my opinion is a mature body and almost a completely developed football mind.

I can see both sides of the argument here. I don't think we should be paying overs to keep him, but I hope if he does leave its not because the club needed to make some cap space. I agree he hasn't exactly set the world on fire as yet but he is a key position player who was very light framed when he arrived. He has slowly added to his frame and I think another pre season or 2 he is still a good chance to become the player we all hoped. If he can keep his body right then I've seen enough to think he will become at least a solid player for us, but there is no doubt he has the potential to become a star.
I think the big thing we are missing at the moment is a word from Darcy. We are all guessing from media talk that he wants out, or he is holding the club to ransom.. I'd be surprised either way. Everything we have heard about Darcy up until recent contract talk is he is future captain material, a great clubman, and a hard worker. No doubt he and his manager are working on getting the best deal possible, but he will take a fair deal from the Pies.
You don't just trade 22 yo 1st round draft pick key position player.

I would be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if Darcy is not running around in the black and white for the remainder of his career.

Hahaha ironic isn't it. Gives you more incentive to prove me wrong which is ideally what I'm hoping for.

I don’t need incentive to prove you wrong.

All that is needed is for Darcy to stay on the Park.

Once that happens you can change your user name to Fonzie also.

I’d like to suggest a “scodog10” approach for some on this one which is to say remove all emotion from it.

The reason I say that is that we can’t lose on Moore. Right now we’re a potential top 4 team and contender without him playing a significant role in any win this season (we’re 0-3 with him in the line up). Based on the premise that Moore is the one we’d be sacrificing for Lynch the scenarios I can foresee are as follows:

1. He signs and Lynch is acquired.
2. He signs and no Lynch.
3. He moves on and Lynch is acquired
4. He moves on and no Lynch.

Scenario 1 is the most risky because it places JDG in doubt, but I think that’ll be done within the next month regardless. There’s a clear win for us here.

Scenario 2 we keep Moore, get his body right and play him in defense giving us another dimension to an already functioning D50 (the guy for the uber talls). This improves our current defensive group.

Scenario 3 we lose out on the defensive improvements, but get a quantifiable improvement in our F50. The bonus is we get the trade value of Moore which is only negated if we need to trade for Lynch. This improves our current forward group, the current defensive group remains as is and improves our draft hand.

Scenario 4 the currently performing best 22 remains untouched and we 100% improve our draft hand in the “super draft”.

I’m not going to put %’s on it, however the two most likely outcomes are scenarios 1 & 2, IMO. Personally I think if he leaves scenario 3 is a given and scenario 4 is an extremely remote possibility which I only put in there because it is clearly some chance.

Make of this what you will. Our best 22 is short one gun at either end let’s say a McGovern or Lynch. I therefore think our use of players currently on the list can provide us an indication of what the club is thinking. I can’t help looking at our VFL line up and asking myself where is the developing KPD? We now have McLarty playing as a fwd/ ruck, Mihocek is a makeshift fwd, Reid has shifted fwd and with Dunn no spring chicken it looks to me that the club is either in on a star KPD or they still have Moore pegged as that man. If we’re looking at Moore’s intentions the use of McLarty is as good a guide as any for an outsider. Fingers crossed he isn’t in the defensive third to close out the season!

The moral is you can’t lose when someone leaves on potential not performance. JDG though is a whole different story because he’s performing and probably dragged us over the line in 3 matches this year. He’s the priority!

FWIW scenario 2 is my horse. As I’ve been banging on about for three years this list is top drawer so let’s back it in and see what it can do with some continuity. I just have concerns about what a 7 year $8 million deal could do for us in 3 years time as JDG, Moore, Scharenberg, Langdon, Grundy, Adams and Crisp enter FA.

Its those 5 words that I take issue with. I reiterate, check out the development of Josh Kennedy, or Joe Daniher, or Charlie Dixon or Jack Hawkins in their first 3 or 4 years. Darcy Moore's development until this year has been par for the course, utterly typical of a talented KPF. Almost all KPF dont come good till years 4, 5 or 6. To expect him to be playing great footy and blitzing on even an occasional basis in his first 3 years is completely unrealistic.

What has been disappointing has been the injuries he has copped in year 4. Now that has really hampered his development, but prior to that, he was going just fine

Right you are the comparison is valid

At this point of time big mason has shot right past him

Try that comparison

Plays a better team game, makes his teammates better and most of all MoORE DURABLE

And that with Moore is the issue

He's Injury's during games have been frustrating And has IMO cost us games coupled with others

His injuries as a kid have come back to bite him and us

See ya darcy

If grundys getting 600, cox 400 he ain't worth 350

So lets take the first round pick or Lloyd and move on

I’d like to suggest a “scodog10” approach for some on this one which is to say remove all emotion from it.

The reason I say that is that we can’t lose on Moore. Right now we’re a potential top 4 team and contender without him playing a significant role in any win this season (we’re 0-3 with him in the line up). Based on the premise that Moore is the one we’d be sacrificing for Lynch the scenarios I can foresee are as follows:

1. He signs and Lynch is acquired.
2. He signs and no Lynch.
3. He moves on and Lynch is acquired
4. He moves on and no Lynch.

Scenario 1 is the most risky because it places JDG in doubt, but I think that’ll be done within the next month regardless. There’s a clear win for us here.

Scenario 2 we keep Moore, get his body right and play him in defense giving us another dimension to an already functioning D50 (the guy for the uber talls). This improves our current defensive group.

Scenario 3 we lose out on the defensive improvements, but get a quantifiable improvement in our F50. The bonus is we get the trade value of Moore which is only negated if we need to trade for Lynch. This improves our current forward group, the current defensive group remains as is and improves our draft hand.

Scenario 4 the currently performing best 22 remains untouched and we 100% improve our draft hand in the “super draft”.

I’m not going to put %’s on it, however the two most likely outcomes are scenarios 1 & 2, IMO. Personally I think if he leaves scenario 3 is a given and scenario 4 is an extremely remote possibility which I only put in there because it is clearly some chance.

Make of this what you will. Our best 22 is short one gun at either end let’s say a McGovern or Lynch. I therefore think our use of players currently on the list can provide us an indication of what the club is thinking. I can’t help looking at our VFL line up and asking myself where is the developing KPD? We now have McLarty playing as a fwd/ ruck, Mihocek is a makeshift fwd, Reid has shifted fwd and with Dunn no spring chicken it looks to me that the club is either in on a star KPD or they still have Moore pegged as that man. If we’re looking at Moore’s intentions the use of McLarty is as good a guide as any for an outsider. Fingers crossed he isn’t in the defensive third to close out the season!

The moral is you can’t lose when someone leaves on potential not performance. JDG though is a whole different story because he’s performing and probably dragged us over the line in 3 matches this year. He’s the priority!

FWIW scenario 2 is my horse. As I’ve been banging on about for three years this list is top drawer so let’s back it in and see what it can do with some continuity. I just have concerns about what a 7 year $8 million deal could do for us in 3 years time as JDG, Moore, Scharenberg, Langdon, Grundy, Adams and Crisp enter FA.

I disagree with scenario 2 as your horse but at least you presented scenarios without emotion like many have.

My question to you is when was the last time we lost a required player because of money?
I can't think of one.......I might be wrong.

My dream scenario is Lynch......Moore......De Goey........trade our first pick for very good established player.

People I think underestimate how good a player Lynch would be in finals.
Five minutes to go in a grand final and scores are level........De Goey streams out of the centre and sees Lynch in the goal square........and goes bang..........Lynch marks and goals........game over. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with scenario 2 as your horse but at least you presented scenarios without emotion like many have.

My question to you is when was the last time we lost a required player because of money?
I can't think of one.......I might be wrong.

My dream scenario is Lynch......Moore......De Goey........trade our first pick for very good established player.

People I think underestimate how good a player Lynch would be in finals.
Five minutes to go in a grand final and scores are level........De Goey streams out of the centre and sees Lynch in the goal square........and goes bang..........Lynch marks and goals........game over. :)

Off day for you mate, Daisy.

The past isn’t a particularly good predictor of the future in this instance anyway, IMO. I’d also be more worried about finding room to accommodate Stephenson, Phillips and Maynard who will also need to be looked after soon enough as well who will impact this finals campaign unlike Lynch.

If you could guarantee me that we won’t leak anyone I’d be in, but right now given the stupidity of the Mayne and Wells contracts I don’t have the faith to sit comfortably on that Lynch move as my preferred option. Especially in a trade scenario!

I have my doubts on him, seems to struggle to get seperation from his defender. Think he may be better suited to the backline

It's a learning process and he needs some continuity in his footy, it's not a lack of athletic gifts that prevents separation, Im not sure i agree with you on this either. Imo its that he doesn't present enough and the way we moved the ball made it a big ask on a 1/2/3 year KPP player.

Think he was tracking ok but with room for improvement that tends to come with experience and age.

His hammies are my biggest worry, I think he can make it either end of the ground.

The past isn’t a particularly good predictor of the future in this instance anyway, IMO. I’d also be more worried about finding room to accommodate Stephenson, Phillips and Maynard who will also need to be looked after soon enough as well who will impact this finals campaign unlike Lynch.

If you could guarantee me that we won’t leak anyone I’d be in, but right now given the stupidity of the Mayne and Wells contracts I don’t have the faith to sit comfortably on that Lynch move as my preferred option. Especially in a trade scenario!

Did you say Daisy? I wasn't aware we matched Carltons offer because we really wanted to retain him.

Try again because I still can't think of anyone.

Just quietly if a player wants to leave for money over success I am more than happy to drive them to the Club of their choice.

Would love to know the truth re our salary cap, much of what has come out of the club is that we are at 100% of the cap. However there have been a few suggesting the club is playing possum on it (to what end?).

Surely if Richmond after a flag can fit him in with 1.2million dollar man dusty 750k Reiwoldt/Rance/Cotchin and 650k Prestia...,.surely we can.

I'm not even close to being in. We'll have to pay a superstar price for a bloke who isn't a superstar. He had a very good year in 2016, but the rest of his career has been simply solid. I suspect whoever gets him will lock up a lot of salary cap for 5 years. Bad business with the real potential of doing the club serious damage.

I'm not even close to being in. We'll have to pay a superstar price for a bloke who isn't a superstar. He had a very good year in 2016, but the rest of his career has been simply solid. I suspect whoever gets him will lock up a lot of salary cap for 5 years. Bad business with the real potential of doing the club serious damage.

Who said he is leaving for money?

I'm talking about Lynch. It doesn't sound like he's leaving for money at all, but regardless all the talk is that he will cost a lot of money. I just don't think he's worth anywhere near 10% of any club's salary cap.

That's who I am talking about also.

The fact we are into him means we can afford him........we have enough Accountants around here Fonzie leave the balance sheets to the experts.

we have enough Accountants around here Fonzie leave the balance sheets to the experts.
Good call. I've always said that I'm not getting involved in thinking about or discussing salary cap, because let's face facts we are all using fictional sensationalised figures. Damn you Tom Lynch for getting me sucked into this rubbish. You're a good player who will make us a better team and I'll cheer you whole heartedly if you become a Pie, but I do think you're overrated, so I won't be fussed if you don't don the black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back