Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument whether key forward v key defender is intriguing.

In such matters I like to channel my inner Leigh Matthews.*

Does the positive outweigh the negative.

Hence: Do we move Moore to forward and gain more there and lose less in the defence area?

I’d suggest we would be less as a team than the status quo.

I also recall Leigh saying sometimes you think moving a terrific back forward will plug a hole but you end up with two holes.

* for new players on these boards:
My admiration for Matthews dwarves all
others.
There is nobody that cuts through as well as Leigh Matthews. The best of the best.

Hence: Do we move Moore to forward and gain more there and lose less in the defence area?

I also recall Leigh saying sometimes you think moving a terrific back forward will plug a hole but you end up with two holes.

others.
There is nobody that cuts through as well as Leigh Matthews. The best of the best.

Dermie always made a great argument with this

Reid was a perfect example in his prime

Which do you take

9/10 Key Back
6/10 Key Forward

Dermie always made a great argument with this

Reid was a perfect example in his prime

Which do you take

9/10 Key Back
6/10 Key Forward
And that’s the key to the assessment.

Moore looks a revelation and high end talent running at the ball. Just looks so dynamic and in control

I prefer that when we have De Goey and Cox and Elliott and Stephenson and Mihocek and Hoskin-Elliott up forward.

others.

Think this is it in a nutshell.

You might gain marginal improvement in games with him forward but lose more by taking him from defence. He also want the defensive structure to become settled.

His father said he didn't want Darcy to play AFL and did not push him into it but apparently when he went down to the juniors his talent stood out so much and Darcy loved playing that he pursued the career he wanted.

or Rooted his Mum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this may sound like hindsight, but I loved the move for Moore to defence from when I 1st heard about it.

I remember most pies fans were filthy.

Yes, we did. We didn't have a functioning forward line back then.

His father said he didn't want Darcy to play AFL and did not push him into it but apparently when he went down to the juniors his talent stood out so much and Darcy loved playing that he pursued the career he wanted.

or Rooted his Mum
BTW, have no idea what the rooting mum comment means.
It was meant for my comment I think that the Darcy hater must have had his girlfriend stolen for all the hate he has for him.

I read it as.

His father said he didn't want Darcy to play AFL or Root his Mum, and did not push him into it but apparently when he went down ... his talent stood out so much and Darcy loved ...

I think Darcy is a fantastic KPD. He could easily be a 45+ goal forward.

I wonder what position Darcy prefers to play. I’m sure if you asked him, he would give the typical “wherever the team needs me”, but I have an inclining he prefers to play forward.

He just gives me the impression of the guy who would like to be playing at the end of the ground.

No and he really doesn’t strike me as the type to have a girlfriend let alone steal one anyway ;)
Which just (stereotypically at least) makes his poor hair form all the more baffling!

I think Darcy is a fantastic KPD. He could easily be a 45+ goal forward.

I wonder what position Darcy prefers to play. I’m sure if you asked him, he would give the typical “wherever the team needs me”, but I have an inclining he prefers to play forward.

He just gives me the impression of the guy who would like to be playing at the end of the ground.

Hasn't he said he rather play Forward?

Hasn't he said he rather play Forward?
I am pretty sure his Dad came out and said Darcy wants to play back and that is his preferred position. He did play a lot down back in his junior years.

I also think his skills and assets are more suited to a CHB role more than a CHF role. Looks much more comfortable down back.

Edit: I am wrong his Dad said he could play any where but was more of a natural forward.

I am pretty sure his Dad came out and said Darcy wants to play back and that is his preferred position. He did play a lot down back in his junior years.

I also think his skills and assets are more suited to a CHB role more than a CHF role. Looks much more comfortable down back.
He actually played more forward than back as a junior. The only year he played as a defender was his draft year, and even then he still played forward in the u18 champs and in the TAC finals series.

His father has always regarded him as a natural forward, but I've twice heard him say (the first time in (2016), that he is happy to play either end of the ground and has no particular preference. When Bucks was switching him back, he commented that Darcy likes to be in the action and told him that he would as a defender.

He also said when he grew the extra centimetres that it would come in handy for the ruck because he expected he might end up as second ruck at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back