Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took it too literally Timmy Keane would be part of that discussion - my point was that Keane and other youngsters would be the main point of difference between the Buckley years and Harvey's tenure - however long that is.

I don’t expect too many selection changes under Harves. We may see more kids getting opportunity but that’ll be driven by either senior vacancy (replace JDG and Moore situations) or weight of performance at VFL level.

Serious question, what if the new coach thinks Darcy Moore is a forward?

Fast ball movement might suit Darcy.
Interception with a free run at the ball is Darcy's go, especially being able to run on and settle where he can use that athleticism.

Forward line isn't like that - you have to lead out from goals and do a 180 if you want to run off.

Fast ball movement might suit Darcy.
Maybe. But he's the best tall defender in the competition alongside Harris Andrews. We don't need to mess with a good thing. We've had our experiments in the 2021 season. Think that's enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they don’t play him in defence they’d be better off trading him. He’s been tried and has failed on numerous occasions as a forward.
He isn’t Ben Reid.

Yep agree

Yep he has disappeared off the radar. He lost his mantle as the best CHB in the game too with Aliir proving this last night.
dead-horse-beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing him tried out on the wing.
If we found someone to play CHB (a young gem like Sam Taylor would be ideal) I'd be all over this. He could be a Nick Riewoldt-type on the wing. 20 disposals, 8+ marks, potential to hit the scoreboard. He'd be a much more dynamic wing than WHE

If we found someone to play CHB (a young gem like Sam Taylor would be ideal) I'd be all over this. He could be a Nick Riewoldt-type on the wing. 20 disposals, 8+ marks, potential to hit the scoreboard. He'd be a much more dynamic wing than WHE

Yes exactly who i was thinking. Nick Riewoldt type. I think Darcy would star in this role.
He wouldn't get as many injuries playing on big forwards as he does.

I'd have no problems with the new Coach over the off season transitioning Moore from CHB to CHF and becoming that much needed forward/chop out ruckman, by far the hardest position to play and needs players with talent to fill for long term success. Interestingly, I believe Moore would prefer to play forward too.

Last edited:
Biggest issue is defenders are easier to fill than forwards. But I think we’ve seen Moore is a better defender. I doubt the new coach till trial him forward again, it’s been done.

Well the coaches will have already given their views on this to the selection panel. Most journos and watchers from other clubs who voice their opinion here tend to say that Moore is an elite defender, not an elite forward.

I'd have now problems with the new Coach over the off season transitioning Moore from CHB to the CHF and becoming that much needed forward/chop out ruckman, by far the hardest position to play and needs players with talent to fill for long term success. Interestingly, I believe Moore would prefer to play forward too.

Its a ball movement issue IMO - I think Pyke would have seriously considered making Moore a fwd if he’d taken the job.
Much cheaper to fill a defensive hole than find big bucks for King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back