Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just one thing Damo points to the fact that Sydney got the deals done for Tippet and Buddy to add credibility to his claim of a potential move of Moore from Brighton to Bondi. But nobody new that either of those players were heading there until the deals got done. So the fact that this has been leaked points to a ploy from his management to push his price up

Anyway, I'll tell you why the Swans first would not be enough.
It is because there will be other clubs with pikcs before theirs. Clubs like the Dogs, Essendon, Melbourne to name a few will have picks before theirs. Do you think if he went to the draft they'd let Moore slip? For a young kid who has exposed potential in the junior leagues compared to a young KPP with exposed potential to be a star in the AFL? You'd be dreaming. So it's the Swans first and then some, and that's just a common sense look at it.
If a player chooses a club then the current club is over a barrel. Pies picked up Luke Ball through the draft at pick 30 after negotiations with the Saints faltered. No club picks a player who doesn’t want to be there.

Just one thing Damo points to the fact that Sydney got the deals done for Tippet and Buddy to add credibility to his claim of a potential move of Moore from Brighton to Bondi. But nobody new that either of those players were heading there until the deals got done. So the fact that this has been leaked points to a ploy from his management to push his price up
Happened last year with one of the Roos players linked to Sydney. Swans came out and denied any interest.

So if they don’t deny this time then there maybe some truth to the story.

It might well be a ploy to get more money out of Collingwood. That doesn't mean he won't move if they don't pay.

If a player chooses a club then the current club is over a barrel. Pies picked up Luke Ball through the draft at pick 30 after negotiations with the Saints faltered. No club picks a player who doesn’t want to be there.

You've used one precedent and ignored about a billion others. Treloar, Prestia, Boyd, O'Meara and soon to be Tom Lynch and that's just off the top of my head. It's a moot point in the end cause I firmly believe Moore will remain a Pie.

Also Luke Ball said he'd retire if any club picked him other than Collingwood, and had suspect groins.

If that's the case how come players like Danger, Rock, Gibbs dont just go through the draft and do what Ball did?

Cmon, surely you're smart enough to not use 1 example as the basis of a general rule...

If that's the case how come players like Danger, Rock, Gibbs dont just go through the draft and do what Ball did?

Cmon, surely you're smart enough to not use 1 example as the basis of a general rule...
The clubs came to an agreement on a trade on those players. Surely you’re smart enough to be able to differentiate the examples. Ball was an example where clubs don’t agree.

You've used one precedent and ignored about a billion others. Treloar, Prestia, Boyd, O'Meara and soon to be Tom Lynch and that's just off the top of my head. It's a moot point in the end cause I firmly believe Moore will remain a Pie.

Also Luke Ball said he'd retire if any club picked him other than Collingwood, and had suspect groins.
Clubs came to an agreement to trade. Ball was an example where clubs don’t and a player goes into the draft.

I know you think your club has the biggest balls in the AFL and that players would never DARE request a trade out of your elite footy sanctum but hey, you'll learn.

If you don’t have him under contract you get what you are given. See Tom Mitchell.

Tom Mitchell was forced out cause you couldn't afford him, Pies can afford Moore so it's a poor example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True Moore may just want out irrespective of $$$.

Possibly but that won't get you leverage. Where's the leverage if so?
Even if Moore chose the Swans, Collingwood will ask for two firsts. And then what?
Realizes he's on the drafts board, ducks for cover.

Jeez I love these threads with Collingwood supporters. When they want kids like Treloar, Adams, Aish etc its "We have the cash, you take what we give ya!" but when its potentially their kids leaving the old "Restraint of Trade" is quickly forgotten.

Never change you silly scallywags!

The clubs came to an agreement on a trade on those players. Surely you’re smart enough to be able to differentiate the examples. Ball was an example where clubs don’t agree.
Did you think Adelaide was happy to trade Dangerfield for pick 9 and a 2nd rounder lol? Using your logic Geelong could've just hardballed danger's trade to force a disagreement and take him in the preseason draft?

The last time a Luke ball/Tippett scenario took place was 2013, more than 4 years ago. So in the last 4 years, over 90 trades were done. You think there weren't any disagreements in those 90 trades and noone forced another club's hands? Out of those 90 trades, more than half involved players, once again using your logic one club could've forced a preseason using the disagreement as its basis?

Sorry i know logic isn't really ur strong suit, maybe get a family relative or something to help you understand?

More useful than Eric "better than Alex Rance" McKenzie.

Yet another in a long line of Kaisercheif embarrassing calls.
Digging up dirt from 5 years ago. Thanks for the stalking. Also relevance to thread? Flog

I reckon it will take Sydney's 2018 1st and someone like Zac Jones to get the job done. Probably isn't worth that much in a superdraft year, but Collingwood will make the trade difficult.
Sydney aren't stupid! I'm not sure he is a player we desperately need given he's not a proven consistent performer to date. I'd much rather we grabbed a gun FA like McGovern who is proven at the top level and would immediately improve us.

A bit of chat that Moore has off field "issues" that he could cope with much better up in Sydney. But it wouldn't surprise me if his manager (Pickering?) is just using that and the Swans to push up his price and contract length with the Pies, like Cloke successfully did :)

I see Barrett is persisting with this crap in his nauseating "Sliding Doors" column on the AFL website. The guy is a tosser.

Last edited:
I see Barrett is persisting with this crap in his nauseating "Sliding Doors" column on the AFL website. The guy is a tosser.
That s**t is devoid of insight. The entries aren't even "siding doors" scenarios. He just gives 18 opinions but phrases them as "if I had to bet on such and such" or "if you're glass half full". It's nonsense. He's a terrible writer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back