Draft Profile Darcy Parish

Comparing Oliver to Parish is like comparing Like Parker to Andrew Gaff of right now. Oliver will win you games of footy like Parker where Parish will always be the floating soft outsider he is like Gaff.

If Oliver was drafted to Essendon he would have played every game like Parish because you had no other choice. We developed Oliver just perfectly this year as we now have the fortunate luxury of having midfield depth.

He will explode next year like Patty Cripps.
Parish had the most clearances and contested possessions of any Rising Star contender this year.

At the same age as Gaff, Parish averaged double the contested possessions and triple the clearances that Gaff did. He also averaged more in both categories than Gaff has ever done.

You can be happy with Oliver. I certainly would be, he's going to be a very good player. I'd shut up about Parish though, if I were you.

Oh, and FWIW, Parish has already "won" Essendon games of footy. You would have seen one of them in round 2.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Comparing Oliver to Parish is like comparing Like Parker to Andrew Gaff of right now. Oliver will win you games of footy like Parker where Parish will always be the floating soft outsider he is like Gaff.

If Oliver was drafted to Essendon he would have played every game like Parish because you had no other choice. We developed Oliver just perfectly this year as we now have the fortunate luxury of having midfield depth.

He will explode next year like Patty Cripps.
It's not a dick measuring contest, calm down.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
No.. I call it how i see it.

Nothing to do with measuring our dicks. Il leave that up to you.

While he might look like an effeminate lesbian he's actually done very well with contested work in the AFL.

So if that's how you see it then I'd be heading to the optometrist because your eyes are shithouse.

I'm one hundred percent certain that Oliver will be the superior player but that doesn't mean that Parish won't be an excellent player himself, he's shown he will be.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I don't understand where the myth that Parish is a soft outsider came from. It plagued him in his U18 year as well. Even at that stage you could see that wasn't an accurate description, let alone at AFL level where he held his own on the inside for a fair portion of the year.

Oliver is and will be stronger in the contest for sure, but Parish is hardly soft.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
It's because he's small and couldn't tackle at U18 level, always had a good contested ball % though.

GuzzLG

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
While he might look like an effeminate lesbian he's actually done very well with contested work in the AFL.

So if that's how you see it then I'd be heading to the optometrist because your eyes are shithouse.

I'm one hundred percent certain that Oliver will be the superior player but that doesn't mean that Parish won't be an excellent player himself, he's shown he will be.
100% eh? Sounds fair and balanced.

GuzzLG

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It's an opinion buddy unbunch your panties.

I firmly believe that Oliver will be the best of the young crop that we have, better than Petracca and I have a lot of man love for Trac.
I realise it's opinion. But stating a prediction about the future about something that is subject to many variables and unknowns as a 100% certain fact just undermines the credibility of the opinion.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I realise it's opinion. But stating a prediction about the future about something that is subject to many variables and unknowns as a 100% certain fact just undermines the credibility of the opinion.
No it doesn't, it just means I've got supreme confidence in Oliver from what I've seen as to how high I rate him.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I can never understand why, in a comparison of players, so many people think it's important to denigrate one player to make their own seem better. It is just bizarre.

In a comparison of Oliver and Parish my first instinct is to be happy I have one of them, and then to focus on what both do well. Clearly both are great players and the difference will most likely be a matter of degrees. For me, that's a good thing. For others it seems, not so much

Gypsy King

Team Captain
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Parish looks on par. Beyond that you dont know Oliver will be superior. You are just speculating.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't understand where the myth that Parish is a soft outsider came from. It plagued him in his U18 year as well. Even at that stage you could see that wasn't an accurate description, let alone at AFL level where he held his own on the inside for a fair portion of the year.

Oliver is and will be stronger in the contest for sure, but Parish is hardly soft.

Because compared to the other guys out on the field he looks like that tiny blonde kid we all knew in primary school who never seemed to have a growth spurt.

But then you watch him and realise he is an absolute campaigner and loves the contest.

nOJbK2QQEO9JUpcGbkDygi3HkGzuaTjcQqc9HUSaK7I.gif

utg0H7P.gif

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bumped for credibility...you really know your stuff...thanks for the lulz mate...Pretty clear who looks like the half wit now.. Parish is elite...where did Oliver finish the year again? Your expert opinion is showing you for what you are you unfortunate child..

Bumped for credibility...you really know your stuff...thanks for the lulz mate...Pretty clear who looks like the half wit now.. Oliver is elite...where is Parish playing this weekend again? Your expert opinion is showing you for what you are you unfortunate child.

Bumped for credibility...you really know your stuff...thanks for the lulz mate...Pretty clear who looks like the half wit now.. Oliver is elite...where is Parish playing this weekend again? Your expert opinion is showing you for what you are you unfortunate child.

I want to congratulate you for a well timed bump, but also shake my head at bumping a banned poster...

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Not to have a go, but was blown away with some Essendon posters considering him the close rival of Oliver this preseason. Parish still ha aplenty to offer though not have a dig at him.

Not to have a go, but was blown away with some Essendon posters considering him the close rival of Oliver this preseason. Parish still ha aplenty to offer though not have a dig at him.

Quotes or I call bullshit.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
The comparison's were only alive 2 years ago. Even the most bias essendon poster wouldn't debate who is better or who they would prefer in their team.

Back