Draft Profile Darcy Parish

Oh I'm sure Parish will play in the 2's at some point this year, barring injury.

Not for lack of talent though.

Maybe the odd game in the VFL, but definitely not the VFL 2nd's like that clod said.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think the Dees will be very satisfied with Oliver. Looks a great pick up.

As Essendon will be with Parish, who I think will turn into a similar player to Heppel, I'm also looking forward to seeing Francis get a run.

As Essendon will be with Parish, who I think will turn into a similar player to Heppel, I'm also looking forward to seeing Francis get a run.

Francis seriously looks the goods. Strikes me as a mix between Goddard and Gibson - will take some time to get going though, tank isn't really up to scratch at AFL level yet; needs another preseason.

:rolleyes: Parish couldn't even lay a tackle at U18 level, and got brushed off like a fly by other players, he will struggle at AFL level :D

8 tackles today, equal most on ground and more than any Melbourne player.

Your kidding yourself if you ever think that Parish will ever translate that into AFL level. At best he will be a Lewis Taylor type. Short little 20m dinky kicks that hardly impacts the game. I watched alot of TAC cup games as part of my development role with the bushies under 16 so again maybe instead of running your mouth like a complete half wit know, your facts first.

Translated it into AFL level the last two weeks. The sealer today was all class.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I think people doubted him because he looks like a lesbian.
come on mate, leave our Ellen alone

tumblr_lkg11ikypc1qdexbb.gif~c200

:rolleyes: Parish couldn't even lay a tackle at U18 level, and got brushed off like a fly by other players, he will struggle at AFL level :D

How's that going for you now?
Averaging 5 a game, the most of any of the rising stars.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
How's that going for you now?
Averaging 5 a game, the most of any of the rising stars.
His tackles are like a soft brush, watch Oliver lay a tackle (who is by the way averaging more tackles than Darcy, you picked a very select group and small sample size to name him leader of :$). Great player though, wins contested ball as he did in the U18s.

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Francis seriously looks the goods. Strikes me as a mix between Goddard and Gibson - will take some time to get going though, tank isn't really up to scratch at AFL level yet; needs another preseason.

So Francis will kick it out on the full a lot and then point his finger at one of his team mates? That's all I could envisage with a Brendon Goddard/Sam Gibson merger. Don't even care that you meant Josh and Hugh.........

So Francis will kick it out on the full a lot and then point his finger at one of his team mates? That's all I could envisage with a Brendon Goddard/Sam Gibson merger. Don't even care that you meant Josh and Hugh.........

Will be a good player WB. You'd expect he'll get a game or two this year, but I'd be more inclined to have a look at him next year.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oliver smashes Prestia with a brilliant old fashion bump leaving him on the ground struggling for air, only to then back it up 5 seconds later and crash into a pack and breaks Alex Sextons wrist..

Jonathan Brown was already comparing him to Michael Voss on saturday night. You only have to see his impact and aggression at the contest to see why.

Please Oliver all the way.

Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Oliver smashes Prestia with a brilliant old fashion bump leaving him on the ground struggling for air, only to then back it up 5 seconds later and crash into a pack and breaks Alex Sextons wrist..

Jonathan Brown was already comparing him to Michael Voss on saturday night. You only have to see his impact and aggression at the contest to see why.

Why are you posting in the Darcy Parish thread when your post doesn't mention or pertain to him at all?

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why are you posting in the Darcy Parish thread when your post doesn't mention or pertain to him at all?
Im just glad our club didn't get sucked into the hype and dazzle that came with Parish and instead went for the brute and contested animal that many club had written off before the draft.

Don't get me wrong Parish will be a good player for you blokes but Oliver fits exactly what we are building for.

Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Im just glad our club didn't get sucked into the hype and dazzle that came with Parish and instead went for the brute and contested animal that many club had written off before the draft.

Don't get me wrong Parish will be a good player for you blokes but Oliver fits exactly what we are building for.
This isn't the Clayton Oliver thread.

This is fascinating on a number of levels, given it's neither relevant, nor seemingly directed at anyone, and 'smashing' someone doesn't take any kind of skill. Just look at Patrick Ambrose making Brad Hill into a crepe, Ambrose is awful.

Hype and dazzle? I'm sure we were seduced by the two time all australian, had been the standout midfielder in his age group since he was 15, meat and potatoes midfielder that we desperately needed.

Oliver was the one that came with masses of hype and dazzle given he didn't have the body of work but screamed 'potential'. We'd been out of the draft for two years and in that time Melbourne had used 4 top 10 picks on midfielders, you were in a way better position to take the punt on him, plain and simple.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Southampton
His tackles are like a soft brush, watch Oliver lay a tackle (who is by the way averaging more tackles than Darcy, you picked a very select group and small sample size to name him leader of :$). Great player though, wins contested ball as he did in the U18s.

Thank god you took that one dimensional overweight monstrosity before us. Pigs will fly before he can develop an outside game.

But don't get me wrong, Oliver will be a great player.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Thank god you took that one dimensional overweight monstrosity before us. Pigs will fly before he can develop an outside game.

Lol don't get cut because you've had to settle for the dud :D

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

Hehehehe.. Get back to me when Parish wins a hard ball stat. Bit like Lewis taylor from Brisbane. Short little dinky 25m kicks here and there and not much else.

Back