Draft Profile Darcy Parish

Exactly, that premiership side had average spuds like prestia, rioli and Higgins plus that bloke they nearly delisted. They would get on their knees in front of darcy’s scrappy looking shearer father to catch a few drops of his talent.
Prestia is a gun dude.

Exactly, that premiership side had average spuds like prestia, rioli and Higgins plus that bloke they nearly delisted. They would get on their knees in front of darcy’s scrappy looking shearer father to catch a few drops of his talent.
Prestia is a bloody gun and if you don't think so you lose alot of credibility

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I like Parish and have since his debut. I made some comments on your board to that effect.

This is the year he can elevate himself to elite status. I think you are spot on in calling for him to be on a wing.

I still hope that your whole team goes missing when they play the Blues.
part of me does too. i made a pretty penny last year.... :p

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
You'd have to be pretty disappointed with Parish so far, given what was expected when he was drafted. Thank **** we took a leap of faith with Oliver who is simply a freak.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
You'd have to be pretty disappointed with Parish so far, given what was expected when he was drafted. Thank **** we took a leap of faith with Oliver who is simply a freak.
Only if you're disappointed with how Petracca has come on, given expectations around him.

But I bet that's different, right?

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Parish is a far superior player to McIntosh. It isn't even a contest. And Parish is weak? Have you actually seen him play outside of when we ply you guys (where he averages 27 disposals and 3 clearances a game FWIW).
McIntosh gets a game for us every week. Parish wouldn't.

He's small. Not physically strong. And yes, I've seen him play in the VFL.

Lol.

The fact you question Darcy’s toughness pretty much rules out any of your arguments against him and makes me question if you’ve ever actually seen him play or just go off the “vibe”. His ability to hit a contest or stick a big tackle has never been an issue.
I questioned his strength, not his toughness.

McIntosh gets a game for us every week. Parish wouldn't.

He's small. Not physically strong. And yes, I've seen him play in the VFL.

Lol.

I questioned his strength, not his toughness.
Dig up. I'm sure Parish couldn't possibly replicate McIntosh's 13 disposals a game.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Only if you're disappointed with how Petracca has come on, given expectations around him.

But I bet that's different, right?
As a melbourne supporter thats still a bloody good come back :) Petracca has been frustrating. I would say his goal kicking conversion has been the most disappointing. That said, he is still miles ahead of Parish. Also, we took Brayshaw in the same draft so we did well out of it.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
As a melbourne supporter thats still a bloody good come back :) Petracca has been frustrating. I would say his goal kicking conversion has been the most disappointing. That said, he is still miles ahead of Parish. Also, we took Brayshaw in the same draft so we did well out of it.
well, I use the example more to illustrate how stupid it is to write off top end talent after only 3-4 years exposure. The only people who are really genuinely disappointed in the likes of Petracca and Parish are people with stupid expectations. Personally I love the Truck and I reckon he could and hopefully will be an absolute powerhouse.

Also, we took Francis same draft as Parish and I'm feeling pretty ******* good about that right now as well :)

Oct 9, 2004
Phuket
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Scorpions West Ham
well, I use the example more to illustrate how stupid it is to write off top end talent after only 3-4 years exposure. The only people who are really genuinely disappointed in the likes of Petracca and Parish are people with stupid expectations. Personally I love the Truck and I reckon he could and hopefully will be an absolute powerhouse.

Also, we took Francis same draft as Parish and I'm feeling pretty ******* good about that right now as well :)
Fine you stick with Bambi and we’ll stick with Trac, Gus and Oliver.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I think the expectations were off, looking at the draft it was just a s**t year for midfielders. Only Oliver, Phillips and arguably Sier are better in the entire draft and none of them had excellent under 18 resumes. He’s still a decent player who could still peak at someone like Rory Sloanes level and much better than McIntosh who wouldn’t get a game in most teams but Richmond can afford to carry a few bums.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I think the expectations were off, looking at the draft it was just a s**t year for midfielders. Only Oliver, Phillips and arguably Sier are better in the entire draft and none of them had excellent under 18 resumes. He’s still a decent player who could still peak at someone like Rory Sloanes level and much better than McIntosh who wouldn’t get a game in most teams but Richmond can afford to carry a few bums.
You see Parish becoming an All Australian and winning multiple best and fairest? That’s a big call.

Back