Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Late R1 as in P18 ? Maybe later round one has been going into the 20's due to the bidding.
Yeah late teens, early 20's sort of thing. Maybe unrealistic but he's a good player but not what our midfield needs.

Yeah late teens, early 20's sort of thing. Maybe unrealistic but he's a good player but not what our midfield needs.

I was trying to work out what you paid for the player you recently acquired.. Smith , Shiel , Stringer etc.. .its a bit difficult most are blended deals

Id say for you to get an R1 ..there would have to be something coming back like a R1 for R3 & Parish etc. Depends on the pick number and it would be more difficult to determine if it were future picks.. (Geelong has to use it 2019 R1 )

I was trying to work out what you paid for the player you recently acquired.. Smith , Shiel , Stringer etc.. .its a bit difficult most are blended deals

Id say for you to get an R1 ..there would have to be something coming back like a R1 for R3 & Parish etc. Depends on the pick number and it would be more difficult to determine if it were future picks.. (Geelong has to use it 2019 R1 )
Maybe 2x seconds for Parish and a 3rd?

Round 1 and we're discussing trades?

I would've thought the current state of the game (hovering, treading water and waiting off the pack) would suit Parish. It will be interesting to see how good of a year he has. I still think he will have a reasonable year. Be surprised if he was a complete flop. One thing is for sure is that he puts in 110%. Wouldn't surprise me to see him have 20 tackle games. Kid tries his heart out, hopefully things turn around for him. I was surprised he didn't get a gig last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bill's a keen follower of Essendon media, I suspect he's interested in the way Melksham and Hibberd (and possibly a coach or two) have improved under your colours too. :)
I hope so. If so, apologies Wild Bill . Have had quite a few North posters on our board/Twitter gloating about Preuss being a failure.

Interesting that Herald Sun reporting today that rival clubs including my own, sniffing around a disgruntled Parish

Parish is a geelong kid...

Though he is hardly disgruntled....he didn't cop a game in round 1 because he was s**t house in JLT and in an out of form over his first few years. He will get his crack if he sticks at i most likely against st kilda.

Parish is a geelong kid...

Though he is hardly disgruntled....he didn't cop a game in round 1 because he was s**t house in JLT and in an out of form over his first few years. He will get his crack if he sticks at i most likely against st kilda.
We tend to not lose players. Especially when we drop them and ask them to earn their spot back.

Should be in this week though. Seems he took the bull by the horns in the VFL match. Would have been easy to cruise/sulk.
To be a clear standout is positive. If he does come in, the club needs to play him in position. Get him out on a wing and use his run and delivery. He is an underrated kick.

Bill's a keen follower of Essendon media, I suspect he's interested in the way Melksham and Hibberd (and possibly a coach or two) have improved under your colours too. :)
Goodwin, McCartney, traded to pip Oliver from us.
I feel they are making us pay for beating them in the Rev's last game as coach.

Doesn't have the weapons to ever be elite. Wouldn't be worth much at this stage but can't see Essendon trading him unless he requests a move.
I think he can be elite. He has to work to get there. But he can be.
its still very early days. But i can see him being an elite winger. Has the pace. Has the kick.

If we try turn him into a HFF, or inside mid, i don't think it's gonna work out.
It will take essendon 8 years to figure this out though :p

Doesn't he have two younger brothers, with one past draft age (but still may enter the draft) and one eligible for the 2019 or 2020 draft? Maybe he would wait to see if/where they get drafted before requesting a trade. Just an extra thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back