Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Seems like he is behind shiel, Merrett and McGrath for centre square time

that and Heppell coming back along with Caldwell recruited makes me think he’ll be permanent forward

to think they wanted Dunkley also- they clearly don’t rate parish in the midfield

Or Darcy has better forward craft than all those you mentioned??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I think that's a bit low but no way he's worth his original sticker price. 15-25?

Would be worth less than danniher as a free agaent.

I can't quite think of what midfield he becomes a permanent centre square starter in? Whatever team that is, would be the one willing to pay the most.

I think he's worth more to us than he is in a trade, simply because he hasn't (yet at least) shown enough to be a top level midfielder, albeit he'll likely still play 200 AFL games at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Really keen to keep him
With our age profile, he's perfect for us to hold.
If anything, i'd be listening to offers on Shiel from a club closer to top 4-6.

Draper Merrett Parish McGrath Caldwell -> Really need this group to build continuity together this year.
It's a shame we didn't get Dunkley done. He's in that age bracket and adds the missing piece.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Really keen to keep him
With our age profile, he's perfect for us to hold.
If anything, i'd be listening to offers on Shiel from a club closer to top 4-6.

Draper Merrett Parish McGrath Caldwell -> Really need this group to build continuity together this year.
It's a shame we didn't get Dunkley done. He's in that age bracket and adds the missing piece.

We won't trade Shiel signed a long term contract 5 or 6 years iirc

if we were to trade him we would have to pay some of his contract like the Pies are doing with Treloar

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy to offer him a contract, Essendon wouldn't be getting a first for him though.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Dogs would probably want our 2022 first or if Merret walks and we happen to finish bottom 4 I would use the Merret compo pick
I'd have given up our 2021 1st last year, i would do so this year, so if it's next year - pay it.
Dunkley is a square peg in a largely square hole in our list.

Draper Dunkley Caldwell
Merrett McGrath Langford
Parish Cox Shiel

I want that midfield next year.
Short of the 2nd coming of Lloyd, i care little for keeping our 1st rd picks vs. Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back