Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate players being played out of position more than anyone. I'm a bulldogs supporter.

But surely now that he's in his 6th season, the coaches would have some idea of where to play him?
One would think

He goes on the ball and plays really well. Then we move him and, apart from a goal or two, he barely impacts.

Remember him from U18 year. Lots of running, attack on the ball, good harasser. Size meant he wouldn't be a bull or a tackling machine, but he's great in congestion

Recruiting shiel really hurt his development.

Most of them actually.

Has he put together a single-season befitting of a top 5 draft pick from 6 years ago? I don't believe he has.

Edit: Also he's played 95 games..

I doubt you’ve seen even 20 of his games mate.

If you’re going to troll, at least use facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt you’ve seen even 20 of his games mate.

If you’re going to troll, at least use facts

Well, you can doubt it until the Bombers win a final mate, or the cows come home. Not sure which happens first.

Your fellow supporters have also said he's not been played to his strengths and as soon as he is, he has a good game. I never said he wasn't a good player, it's an indictment on your program.

Well, you can doubt it until the Bombers win a final mate, or the cows come home. Not sure which happens first.

Your fellow supporters have also said he's not been played to his strengths and as soon as he is, he has a good game. I never said he wasn't a good player, it's an indictment on your program.

I’m not talking about anything you’re trying to deflect to.

You’ve been called out on a poor trolling attempt. Own it.

Sure, Darcy has been played out of his natural position but he has played some very good games in his almost 100 games to date.

I’m not talking about anything you’re trying to deflect to.

You’ve been called out on a poor trolling attempt. Own it.

Sure, Darcy has been played out of his natural position but he has played some very good games in his almost 100 games to date.

I’ll own it if I’m actually trolling but I’m not.

He hasn’t had a game that’s as eye opening and good as he did against the Saints.

He finally had a good game. His other games have been above average. But you can keep believing the rubbish you want to believe.

I’ll own it if I’m actually trolling but I’m not.

He hasn’t had a game that’s as eye opening and good as he did against the Saints.

He finally had a good game. His other games have been above average. But you can keep believing the rubbish you want to believe.
A two minute browse of Footywire would have saved you from looking like a goose, mate. Not too late to delete your posts though.

A two minute browse of Footywire would have saved you from looking like a goose, mate. Not too late to delete your posts though.
I really don’t look like a goose. If you think he’s good enough to warrant a top 5 selection six years ago you really are delusional.

Most of them actually.

Has he put together a single-season befitting of a top 5 draft pick from 6 years ago? I don't believe he has.

Edit: Also he's played 95 games..

Hang on, didn't Josh Schache go no.2 in that draft? There are many top 5 draft picks that have had poor careers, and Parish ain't anywhere near the top of that list.

Sure he isn't the finished article yet and probably won't be a superstar, but when you look at that draft not many are.

Parish has had many very good games and you clearly haven't watched him much, which isn't a surprise but why lie about it? Just to prop up your original s**t comment.

I really don’t look like a goose. If you think he’s good enough to warrant a top 5 selection six years ago you really are delusional.

Make up your mind what angle you’re trying to have a go at Darcy/Essendon.

He’s no world beater but trying to even insinuate we wasted a top 5 pick on him is just dumb.

Hang on, didn't Josh Schache go no.2 in that draft? There are many top 5 draft picks that have had poor careers, and Parish ain't anywhere near the top of that list.

Sure he isn't the finished article yet and probably won't be a superstar, but when you look at that draft not many are.

Parish has had many very good games and you clearly haven't watched him much, which isn't a surprise but why lie about it? Just to prop up your original sh*t comment.
I've never claimed he's near the top of the list. I just don't think he's been a good pick up when comparing him to players that went later in that draft. There are 5 or 6 players that have been better.

I've never claimed he's near the top of the list. I just don't think he's been a good pick up when comparing him to players that went later in that draft. There are 5 or 6 players that have been better.

You do know that a player is often selected where they are on exposed form, yeah?

I mean how stupid are all clubs for passing on Nat Fyfe? What idiots for overlooking LChie Neale?

Essendon needed a midfielder and the only (readily) available one was Darcy Parish so it’s hindsight at its best to suggest we should have taken someone 20-30 picks later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s take a quick peak at that 2015 draft anyways, there is about 5 players you would definitely pick ahead of Darcy (Weitering, Oliver, Menegola, Dunkley, H.McKay) whilst Darcy is no world beater, is he any better or worse than the next tier of players from that draft? (Mills, Gresham, Hipwood, Hopper) I don’t thi k he’s any worse or better than them so we’re happy enough with him.

Let’s take a quick peak at that 2015 draft anyways, there is about 5 players you would definitely pick ahead of Darcy (Weitering, Oliver, Menegola, Dunkley, H.McKay) whilst Darcy is no world beater, is he any better or worse than the next tier of players from that draft? (Mills, Gresham, Hipwood, Hopper) I don’t thi k he’s any worse or better than them so we’re happy enough with him.

Pretty much. In the context of the 2015 draft, there’s nothing wrong with the Parish pick. If we picked a player of his quality in say the 2018 draft you’d be pissed off.

An area he needs to improve other than that he's been very good

One of his turn overs cost a goal wasn't even under pressure
that ambitious handball....ergh.
though we did a lot of that all night.
Symptom of the SCG being a small ground and Sydney's pressure.

Makes up for it by being one of the few/only mids we have that hits the scoreboard.

Just makes so many mistakes. You want the ball in his hands as an opposition supporter.

(Thursday night stats)
Darcy Parish 64% disposal efficiency
Zac Merrett 44% disposal efficiency
Luke Parker 68% disposal efficiency

He did ok all things considering

Not a huge fan of DE. Some turnovers pay a bigger price than others.
and like supercoach scores, it's not an exact science but a fairly reasonable indicator of that players game.

Happy to agree to disagree on this one but he isn't the cleanest by foot, we all know this. Just pointing out that his game Thursday night wasn't nearly as bad as some want to make it out to be

and like supercoach scores, it's not an exact science but a fairly reasonable indicator of that players game.

Happy to agree to disagree on this one but he isn't the cleanest by foot, we all know this. Just pointing out that his game Thursday night wasn't nearly as bad as some want to make it out to be
He was good. That goal was special and did some great things by hand. But the reason he struggles to get midfield minutes when your team is fully fit is the turnovers imo. He should get a decent run at it now Shiel has gone down and Heppell moved back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back