Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I am wrong Bombers fans, but I think Parish is having a better run of form and consistency this season than he is in a fair while, which perhaps suggests he was played out of position somewhat by Woosha ?

Preaching to the choir on this topic old mate.

Most educated Essendon supporters know and want him playing midfield minutes. It’s just a shame he’s a better forward than some of our other mids which gives them a nod over he. Double edged sword for Darcy unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you even watch the game? There was literally massive puddles all over the ground during the first half. The ball was like a cake of soap, everyone went at a reduced DE.
Yeah but why wasn't he more efficient in a torrential downpour?

Wouldn't surprise me if he left. For me he's a midfielder that can go forward to good effect. He'd fit in well at Geelong or Melbourne or the Dogs (although they don't really need him with Dunkley, Macrae, Bont, Treloar) where he has more protection and can be used in bursts forward.

Coming up to 100 in a fortnight as well.

Unfortunately, even with him showcasing that he's better when played in his actual best position, can't see his value being higher than a teens pick if he does choose to leave. We need to decide how we're going to play him when Caldwell/Shiel is back, and make a call on it. Love him to stay, but if he's not going to get midfield time he may choose to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see him getting increased midfield minutes, it's an opportunity for him to go ahead of shiel in our midfield group who will be coming to the end of his contract when we're hoping to be a more polished and overall competitive side. If Merrett takes up a FA offer at years end he becomes increasingly important to our developing group.

I think he has been around the mark as a pick 5, he'll pass 100 games in his 6th season of afl on his way to a 200+ game career as a good player (albeit not elite), that's a pass mark for me.

Hopefully he sticks with us as he will be better value than what we will acquire for him if traded. Obvious suitors would be geelong. Richmond makes some sense (cotchin, edwards are 30+, lambert and caddy are close to 30). Carlton might be interested assuming dow and o'brien continue to stagnate. Hawthorn and North rounds out where he might find a role. Would end up with a pick in the 20's if he moved on, I'd much rather hang onto him.

I think he is better value than Merrett, will cost less & is younger & coming into his prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back