D'Arcy Short....

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Short in short form cricket. But sheesh, he has never been able to buy a run against a red ball.

OP, tell us what you think about Riley Meredith?

I've watched him abit. What else is there to say about him. He's young and has really good pace, as long has he stays healthy gets more experience and adds some refinement, sky's the limit. I'm sure he can be a feature quick in all 3 forms if he has the ambition for it but then again I am partial to Westralians and Tassies 😅 and they both have quality pace right now.

Got to get some more quality spinners coming through though. It's been slim pickings as of late.

Jumping ahead to the Ashes... Am I the only one who wants to see D'Arcy Short make his test debut?

No, you and Shane Warne are the only ones. I suppose D'Arcy himself probably wouldn't be against it either. But seriously, he averages 25 in First Class Cricket with a top score of 66 and 3 50s. He's got some ability in white ball cricket but there's nothing to suggest he'd be anywhere near a Test debut. Imagine him trying to face Anderson on an overcast day. Test match batting is really a very different challenge to white ball batting.

Fair enough but is 13 matches enough of a sample size, especially since he's a late bloomer of sorts.
On the current sample he shouldn’t be playing test cricket. If he improves out of sight in shield cricket then you reassess. If you had to pick an 11 to play tomorrow he’d be as likely to be picked as JL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back