Traded Darcy Tucker - [Traded with Griffin Logue and F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4)

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let me see now, I reckon a future third which will be late 30's is about the trade value.

Well look at that, North just happen to have one lying around. Thanks Mr.AFL

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Surely we just merge the Tucker and Logue threads. Likely to be involved in the same trade.
Let's just wait until Amiss has also announced he wants to come to Arden Street. That way we'll have a defender, mid and forward from Freo in the same trade.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let's just wait until Amiss has also announced he wants to come to Arden Street. That way we'll have a defender, mid and forward from Freo in the same trade.
We've got another Freo forward lined up for you.

1663707770167.jpeg

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Besides people who like looking at his muscles, I don't think many Freo fans will batt an eyelid at his departure. His contract staus is the only thing giving him value. Honestly can't remember him ever impacting a game. I vaguely remember him kicking a goal on the run from 50 once. Reminds me a bit of Tom Sheridan. On paper should be a good player, but isn't.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Besides people who like looking at his muscles, I don't think many Freo fans will batt an eyelid at his departure. His contract staus is the only thing giving him value. Honestly can't remember him ever impacting a game. I vaguely remember him kicking a goal on the run from 50 once. Reminds me a bit of Tom Sheridan. On paper should be a good player, but isn't.
Incredible to think he's played 100 games - I can't remember any specific moments with him.

This is pretty much North's version of signing Jack Newnes. Will sit on a list for 2 or 3 years before better and more talented players inevitably overtake him.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Tucker is none of these.

Was a whipping boy when they were rubbish and certainly not best 22 in any good side.

No one really expects him to be a star at North, but definitely will fill a role for them for a few years until they get more games into their kids.

I think he will the sort of inside/outside tidy midfielder that works hard running the lines. Line him up in the midfield and he will cover his man and LDU's so he can focus on clearances. Play him on the wing and he will offer an option both extra in defense or on transition. Play him on half back and he can set up play like a harder Hall.

Freo just have better players in those roles currently.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Incredible to think he's played 100 games - I can't remember any specific moments with him.

This is pretty much North's version of signing Jack Newnes. Will sit on a list for 2 or 3 years before better and more talented players inevitably overtake him.
Please don't mention Jack Newnes in a freo thread. It's very triggering

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a pretty easy trade 2023 Third Round.

North Melbourne don't want to pay that, then he stays as depth at Fremantle.
Him staying put is probably best for everyone to be fair

Sep 11, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Decent support player. Underrated by many posters on our board (who for the most part tend to not be the most knowledgable, or best judges of talent anyway).

Neat kick, a bit of pace. Can find enough of the ball when played on ball, but has been pushed outside to the wings and flanks given our midfield. Not a match winning star, but also not a bum with obvious flaws in his game like a lack of speed or bad kicking. Just a no fuss AFL standard player. Could/even be more than that given the right conditions.

A handy value pick up for the Kangas. Should play another 100 games there, which will get him to 200. You don't play 200 games if you're not up to scratch.

Is a 2nd round quality player, but underperformed this year, so we'll struggle to get that from North.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Decent support player. Underrated by many posters on our board (who for the most part tend to not be the most knowledgable, or best judges of talent anyway).

Neat kick, a bit of pace. Can find enough of the ball when played on ball, but has been pushed outside to the wings and flanks given our midfield. Not a match winning star, but also not a bum with obvious flaws in his game like a lack of speed or bad kicking. Just a no fuss AFL standard player. Could/even be more than that given the right conditions.

A handy value pick up for the Kangas. Should play another 100 games there, which will get him to 200. You don't play 200 games if you're not up to scratch.

Is a 2nd round quality player, but underperformed this year, so we'll struggle to get that from North.
Pretty much spot on.
Our 13th player every week would be something like your 23rd.
Norths depth is terrible. Tucker will help with that.

Back