Dare to dream the returned injury team

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I know the thread name makes as much sense as any crap slogan, but work with me here for a while.
All we have to do is make the 8. There's no home ground advantage this year except for the "My wife is also called Brian's '' The Eagles are getting injuries and seemingly don't like hub life away from Perth. Our squad has De Goo, Treloar, Howe, Langdon, Maine (proven finals warrior) and if he can play 3 games in a row Reid, to realistically return before or during the finals.
We need tomorrow night really badly. Win and our momentum and belief build like Dogs in 2016 as we get another bye just before the finals. No idea if the top teams still get byes in finals, but if we play Port 1st week and win look out... to dream is to live. Onwards to the big Queensland pineapple dance

Yes I know the thread name makes as much sense as any crap slogan, but work with me here for a while.
All we have to do is make the 8. There's no home ground advantage this year except for the "My wife is also called Brian's '' The Eagles are getting injuries and seemingly don't like hub life away from Perth. Our squad has De Goo, Treloar, Howe, Langdon, Maine (proven finals warrior) and if he can play 3 games in a row Reid, to realistically return before or during the finals.
We need tomorrow night really badly. Win and our momentum and belief build like Dogs in 2016 as we get another bye just before the finals. No idea if the top teams still get byes in finals, but if we play Port 1st week and win look out... to dream is to live. Onwards to the big Queensland pineapple dance
Is sidey a chance?

If Pies are in 8th position in week 1 vs Eagles to play in Perth, then no chance.
If Pies finish anywhere else than 8th, then who knows... This finals campaign in QLD is wide open.

If Pies are in 8th position in week 1 vs Eagles to play in Perth, then no chance.
If Pies finish anywhere else than 8th, then who knows... This finals campaign in QLD is wide open.
We are likely to beat Port who have nothing to play for.

I doubt Howe will come back. Sidey, I don’t know what the f he is still doing at home. That is very disappointing...unless there is an arrangement I’m not aware of, he must play the first final.Langdon would be a great addition but only if we could trial him against Port.

I think Mayne is also critical, plays a role better than anybody else in the team. Entirely selfless and lifts in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are likely to beat Port who have nothing to play for.

I doubt Howe will come back. Sidey, I don’t know what the f he is still doing at home. That is very disappointing...unless there is an arrangement I’m not aware of, he must play the first final.Langdon would be a great addition but only if we could trial him against Port.

I think Mayne is also critical, plays a role better than anybody else in the team. Entirely selfless and lifts in finals.

Eddie just said sidey staying in Melbourne after they couldnt make arrangements to get him and family across the border.

Eddie just said sidey staying in Melbourne after they couldnt make arrangements to get him and family across the border.
They can all get f’d! I hate this whole touchy feely nonsense, fair enough be there for the birth of your kid...if the kid is healthy why on earth do you need to be there. Seriously!

Ive had mates working overseas and not even permitted to return for the birth. He should have been back in camp on Wednesday.

They can all get f’d! I hate this whole touchy feely nonsense, fair enough be there for the birth of your kid...if the kid is healthy why on earth do you need to be there. Seriously!

Ive had mates working overseas and not even permitted to return for the birth. He should have been back in camp on Wednesday.
Must be nice being so entitled

Do you know their family circumstances? Is the baby healthy? maybe he’s staying because he has to? we don’t even know who we are playing yet or where. Why would sidey leave his new baby for two weeks quarantine in Darwin if there’s no guarantee we play when he’s ready. His partner and baby come first, perhaps she changed her mind? can’t believe people criticising this.

With all due respect, this is another hope thread.

Having been consistently teased but rarely pleased I see this as yet again another false hope scenario.

Boy I hope I'm wrong, again it's all hoping.

On this board we're all (nearly all) hoping we avoid playing wc in Perth, wouldn't you rather have confidence that we can beat anyone anywhere? I'm sure the squad, the panel and the committee would think this way. They're thinking they'll beat port and build form going into finals.

Yeah I know that is highly unlikely.

Just hoping that all the stars return, which they won't anyway, and find immediate form - all of them, is also highly unlikely. The club thinks otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back