AFLW Player # 3: Daria Bannister - ACL rupture confirmed, going in for surgery - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

So concussed herself in a tackle.
Do protocols mean she misses next week?

We've been leading every game this season when her day's been done
Protocols are the same as AFL yep. I think they are the same for all competitions governed by the AFL.

Will miss two weeks with concussion
Injury report lists her as 2 weeks with concussion.
From what I could find the minimum time to progress through the concussion protocols is 12 days which puts it at the Thurs before the R5 Collingwood game (Sat)

So I guess they're either being conservative with the estimation or She's already had some delays progressing through the protocols.

test to play this week
Has there been any word of the extend of DB3's knee injury? I haven't heard anything since the post game comments where they were saying it appears like no structural damage however we were pending a scan (which they eluded to occurring yesterday).

Has there been any word of the extend of DB3's knee injury? I haven't heard anything since the post game comments where they were saying it appears like no structural damage however we were pending a scan (which they eluded to occurring yesterday).
The injury report article seems to get posted sometime Tuesday or Wednesday. It doesn't get put in the featured articles at the top of the club page, you have to scroll down to the Latest news or Latest AFLW sections to see it.

Awful news. DB3 one of the main reasons we've been playing so well.

I don't know the list well enough to know who her likely replacement is.
I think we get an injury replacement spot so we can maybe add someone 🤔 otherwise presumably Alana Barba, Jess Weutschner (calf), or Georgia Gee, (calf) with some rearranging of the puzzle pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back