FTA-TV Dark Matter (Syfy)

I actually enjoyed the first episode. It started off a bit slow but then it really picked up with lots of story.

When they were going through the people waking up I was like "where's token?" :p Same guy that plays Travis in Continuum.

The sets are well done and the cast doesn't seem too bad.

One of my pet hates of flying down to a planet and back with a magical shuttlecraft was done but I'll get over it :(

So everybody is a pirate? Perhaps freedom fighters more than terrorists?

Looking forward to ep. 2 which should be coming out today. gaskin

watched it, didn't mind it, could be a bit of fun

Getting episode 2 now. I was worried in ep one that the story would be really slow but the 2nd half of the episode they really crammed it in. Many interesting pieces that hook you in and leave you wanting to know more about.

Just watched it. Seemed like the action was a showcase of the skills the guys in the fight have.

I would agree about the dialogue. It's always the same with shows like this, the actors need time to get comfortable in their role. You can't go hiring A list celebs for a Sci-Fi. Just gotta hope they kick those personalities up a notch. Crazy gun guy is the only one that is really doing a good job so far.

Season 3 was okay. I found the middle of the season rather boring and pointless filler. They could have easily had a 10 episode season rather than 13 and still told what they wanted to tell.

I would have liked

more than one episode in the 21st century.

Seems like they messed up the flow with that time travel episode. Lots of setting the scene then just ended it.

I wouldn't say there was too much filler but yeah it did grind on me a little. It's almost like the writers can't decide which characters they actually want to develop and which they want to kill off. I feel the show continues to suffer from the disconnection of the One character. They put a lot into a dead end and it keeps you guessing as to what you should be invested in.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
I just atarted watching this. 4 episodes into the 1st season, really enjoying it.

Also, quickly Google'd to see why it hasn't aired since 2017, shame it has been cancelled, but hopefully the story has wrapped up in general at the end of the 3rd season and not a cliffhanger that we'll never see the end of?

A lot of the story lines are resolved by the end but it does finish in a cliffhanger. It's more of a pointer to what would of happened in the future so it doesn't ruin this great show.

If anybody else is interested in what would of happened in season four I stumbled across this on Reddit.
The writer & producer of the show put up virtual episodes on his blog.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was just randomly searching around the internet and I stumbled upon this long deceased tv-show. Wow, sir. I've been binge-watching all three seasons the last two days, up all night to 3 or 4 am, crashing for a few hours and back into it. I'm still only a quarter way thru the last season (3), but bumping this thread, and telling everyone to go and watch this.

It's a B-grade kind of sci-fi show, but has a lot of very interesting stories, characters, and is very decent in terms of set designs, FX, etc. It borrows a lot from a range of typical tropes, also some sci-fi movies, even from groundhog day, etc. Another good thing about this show is that the pay-offs are almost immediate. They make things happen quickly, introduce suspenseful twist, but dont dangle it for half a season, they answer things either in the same episode or the following one, and push the story forward at breakneck speed, and it may seem like there's no bigger over-arching story, just "mission of the day" filler episodes, but its not. I mean you'll tire a little of some of its limitations, but its still very engaging despite its flaws. Will have to sus out what the creators of this show ended up doing after they finished with this.

Back