FTA-TV Dark - Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay that's weird. I haven't seen this diagram before. I don't recall him ever being named as Tronte's father but I could easily have missed it. Not sure what the point would be though..
Well they made him out to be some sort of secret person that no one knew about, I just don't see how that's possible when he had a life (without a name somehow) and fathered a child with Agnes. What's his story, and how come no one seemed to know about him?

Ive avoided this thread this year as I have a very disjointed life myself, where I can never rely on what time is 'my time' to watch this. It's a show you have to be all-in on and distractions don't help the experience.

But I've finally finished it and not sure how I feel about it. My wife hasn't seen it at all so could be something to re-watch in winter.

I wasn't dissatisfied with the wrap up, but I do feel a sense of loss with the closing of the show. I grew attached to the charachters I guess... doesn't help that Martha reminds me so much of my first love in looks.

A brilliant series all in all, and it's with some sadness it ends.

So I’m years late but finally watching now. S1 was one of the greatest seasons of TV I’ve ever seen. I binged it, but when I had to stop I was just thinking of it non stop.

Season 2 was also good, some amazing moments, but didn’t hook me as much as the first.

I’m currently in episode 6 of season 3 and I’m fearful that I’m not going to enjoy the conclusion at all because it’s overly confusing and I’m just not feeling the same love I did for season 1 and most of 2. Seems like I’m pretty much alone in those feelings though, and that’s okay. I just thought I’d stumbled onto the greatest and most enthralling series ever, but now I just want to get it over with.

So I’m years late but finally watching now. S1 was one of the greatest seasons of TV I’ve ever seen. I binged it, but when I had to stop I was just thinking of it non stop.

Season 2 was also good, some amazing moments, but didn’t hook me as much as the first.

I’m currently in episode 6 of season 3 and I’m fearful that I’m not going to enjoy the conclusion at all because it’s overly confusing and I’m just not feeling the same love I did for season 1 and most of 2. Seems like I’m pretty much alone in those feelings though, and that’s okay. I just thought I’d stumbled onto the greatest and most enthralling series ever, but now I just want to get it over with.
The last 2 episodes of season 3 are probably the best of all the seasons so stick with it. They are brilliance

The last 2 episodes of season 3 are probably the best of all the seasons so stick with it. They are brilliance

Pretty much how I felt too. First season was epic, like Heroes first season was.
Second season was good but always difficult to follow success of the first.
Third season felt a bit of a drag and repetitive... which was probably the idea because of the actual storyline haha!
But the ending was "wow, yeah that was good".

I loved another German series called Deutchland 83. The first season was awesome, the second season I couldn't get into. But I'll have to give it another crack someday and finish with the third and final season.

Up there for my favourite all-time TV series, actually, along with another, much older German series (although the writers of Dark are Swiss, aren't they?), Heimat. The attention to detail, the casting, every scene has a purpose, it's great stuff. And the writers are remarkably talented guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back