Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you honestly think one person in that arena bought a ticket to watch Owen Hart get
lowered to the ring wearing a safety wire. Sting was doing similar in WCW at the time
it was another attempt at keeping up with the Joneses. They used a quick release
harness as previous attempts looked comical at best and had his opponent beating
him while the could not get out of his harness. The safety guy would not authorize it
so guess what happened to him.

they wanted him to get stuck just above the turnbuckles and do a prat fall, hence the quick release harness. Max Mini was supposed to be strapped to Owen's chest at one point, but thankfully Owen vetoed it, otherwise there would have been 2 fatalities that night.

darkside1006-1.png

darkside1005-1.png

there's these 2 official Owen shirts on Pro Wrestling Tees with proceeds going to the Owen Hart Foundation. could have done without the DSOTR logo on them.

Last edited:
they wanted him to get stuck just above the turnbuckles and do a prat fall, hence the quick release harness.
Did not know that bit makes it a lot worse, I know he yelled at the referee to get out of the
way on the way down and RoadDogg who was in the next match knew he was gone when
he saw them wheel him out. It's very sad that two of my favourite matches were both at
memorial shows, Bret Hart versus Chris Benoit for Owen and Chris Benoit versus William
Regal for Brian Pillman big shame that Dark Side Of The Ring has such an abundance of
story lines.

Owen Hart was posthumously inducted in the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2018, which is a legitimate hall of fame located in Waterloo, Iowa and is part of a larger hall of fame (National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum). He was also posthumously inducted in the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum last year, which is located in Wichita Falls, Texas. Both of these halls of fame are real, they exist in real life, they are located in real buildings and are accessible to the public.

On the other hand, WWE's "hall of fame" doesn't actually exist, never has existed and probably never will exist. There's no building in which it's located and you can't visit it. There really isn't much credibility when their "hall of fame" includes the likes of Pete Rose, Drew Carey, Snoop Dogg, Donald Trump, Kid Rock, Koko B. Ware, Hillbilly Jim, The Bella Twins and Brutus "The ******* Barber" Beefcake. :$

To suggest that Owen Hart's legacy is not being acknowledged just because he hasn't been inducted in a phony "hall of fame" that doesn't exist is a load of WWE-revisionist grade-A monkey crap. WWE are responsible for Owen Hart's death and no doubt they'll use his name as some sort of cash grab.

The money the WWE make from the merch can go to the Owen Hart Foundation

Seems to be quite the recurring theme that Vinnie Mac is a piece of s**t, hey?
Part because he isn't there to defend himself
Part he is a bit of a piece of s**t

He is a business man first for better or worse. Which unfortunately leads to some s**t thing

s**t person. s**t employer. When Vince McMahon dies the response will be different to what it would've been in, say, 2004. Using and abusing people is well known at this point. He doesn't even have a good TV show to show for it now.

Last edited:
s**t person. s**t employer. When Vince McMahon dies the response will be different to what it would've been in, say, 2004. Using and abusing people is well known at this point. He doesn't even have a good TV show to show for it.

If he is such a s**t person then why do wrestlers continue to stick around? guys like Taker,Austin,Cena,Edge etc never left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's fried but i thought i post it here

Thanks for the unintentional trip down memory lane, I used to like long drives to the
countryside. On one such drive to the town of Foster near Wilson's Prom I popped
into the local convenience store and they had some old wrestling dolls still in their
packets one of the dolls was Sean Waltman as the 1-2-3 Kid. I always regretted
not buying the dolls as finding them in such a remote place was very weird and
they were in mint condition.

Thanks for the unintentional trip down memory lane, I used to like long drives to the
countryside. On one such drive to the town of Foster near Wilson's Prom I popped
into the local convenience store and they had some old wrestling dolls still in their

Sean Waltman was a good wrestler always been a fan since 1-2-3 Kid

If he is such a s**t person then why do wrestlers continue to stick around? guys like Taker,Austin,Cena,Edge etc never left

Because on the flip side Vince McMahon can also be a very caring and trusting person--- the description of Taker & Vince's relationship in the most recent episode of The Last Ride is testament to that.

Dark Side Of The Ring could have been renamed The Life and Times of Vinnie Mac. Considering the amount of money paid under the table, the bails he’s posted and the steroid scandals it’s a wonder Vinnie Mac’s wrestling character didn’t carry a briefcase all the time like Mongo.

Because on the flip side Vince McMahon can also be a very caring and trusting person--- the description of Taker & Vince's relationship in the most recent episode of The Last Ride is testament to that.
Owen Hart- King Of Hart's, big push feud of the year with Bret, well used by promoter.

Owen Hart- Blue Blazer, not so big push, almost comical, not used well by promoter.

I wonder how Owen Hart viewed those two characters and times, no I don't.

Off topic but I have to ask, why do you create your own new lines when typing and not just use the whole forum space?

Also off topic but reading the last page about the the hall of fame. Why does it matter if its not a physical hall of fame? Legit question, is there a physical AFL hall of fame? I don't think there is (happy to be proven wrong) but I have never heard anyone complaining about that.

Good episode, I've only seen a couple eps so far this season I need to catch up.

Few thoughts on the Owen ep. Poor Martha obviously, I can't imagine hearing that news and feeling so alone at home with your kids. Truly tragic.

The harness was really sad, seeing how pathetic it was. It's messed up, and the stunt guy should be in jail, but apparently he's a big guy in LA now?
I know it's popular to hate Vince for a variety of reasons but I'd love some reason in the opinions, do you guys really think it's his fault? Supposedly was Russo's idea, and I don't think Vince would have had too much to do with what kind of harness they were using etc.

Anyway, it's just so sad. Was so surreal seeing the photos from the platform looking down. And to think that the 15 odd thousand fans there sat there and watched the rest of the show, plus all the WWF guys working ringside who would have seen him fall, then have to continue working is just so sad. However I also do understand that it would be a big call to call off the event. I don't think he was declared dead at the arena, and you would have a lot to answer for with the PPV providers, fans in attendance etc too, but at the same time a life was lost and the police maybe should have been investigating immediately like Martha said.

Just sucks man. Really terrible. I thought it was rushed too, should have been 2 parts.

Also off topic but reading the last page about the the hall of fame. Why does it matter if its not a physical hall of fame? Legit question, is there a physical AFL hall of fame? I don't think there is (happy to be proven wrong) but I have never heard anyone complaining about that.

If the AFL Hall of Fame were like the WWE Hall of Lame 100-game players and Kath & Kim would be in it.

Owen Hart- King Of Hart's, big push feud of the year with Bret, well used by promoter.

Owen Hart- Blue Blazer, not so big push, almost comical, not used well by promoter.

I wonder how Owen Hart viewed those two characters and times, no I don't.

Owen was protected by his brother, When Bret left, Owen gets buried by HHH leading to the Blue Blazer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back