Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Haven't watched since Brian Pillmans' episodes, what ones since are worth watching?

(just from the 1st half of the season) if you like informative, then Nick Gage and Collision in Korea. if you like the dark story, then Grizzly Smith and Dynamite Kid. I can't comment on the Warrior episode, as I didn't watch that one.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I always thought FMW's main events were a great, bizarre spectacle. It worked because Onita was such a charismatic freak and they presented the matches so well. From the music they used, to the video packages, to the frantic ring announcer screaming as the clock counted down to the clever use of veterans like Terry Funk, Tiger Singh and The Sheik - it was all really well planned. Problem of course, was once there was no Onita and the veterans had all retired the shortcomings of the hardcore style really became apparent.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s free on the vice website. You just need a VPN and change your Australian location to USA.

Plane ride from hell was a great episode. Amazing that they were on the tarmac for 7 hours without moving. You would think you would get off the plane. Also I read stories in the past of Vince McMahon wrestling Kurt Angle on that plane, which Kurt has confirmed in interviews. I wonder why they choose not to talk about that.

I'd take every single story involving other members of the roster, including Vince, wrestling Angle with an enormous, monumental grain of salt. I wonder how much of it involves pleasing/flattering Vince - and keeping a certain level of income coming. My guess is a lot.

Just a reminder, no matter how much hype/spin is applied, Kurt Angle won 2 NCAA heavyweight titles, a World championship, and an Olympic gold medal. The only way anyone on that roster could do anything to him was if he let them or was unconscious. In a shoot - and he was still in his early 30s then - he would annihilate every guy in that company. Most people don't get what kind of remorseless killer a top level wrestler is.

Please Vince = money keeps coming in. Can't lose sight of that.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd take every single story involving other members of the roster, including Vince, wrestling Angle with an enormous, monumental grain of salt. I wonder how much of it involves pleasing/flattering Vince - and keeping a certain level of income coming. My guess is a lot.

Just a reminder, no matter how much hype/spin is applied, Kurt Angle won 2 NCAA heavyweight titles, a World championship, and an Olympic gold medal. The only way anyone on that roster could do anything to him was if he let them or was unconscious. In a shoot - and he was still in his early 30s then - he would annihilate every guy in that company. Most people don't get what kind of remorseless killer a top level wrestler is.

Please Vince = money keeps coming in. Can't lose sight of that.

There are stories that kurt also gave Lesner a lesson as well.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
There are stories that kurt also gave Lesner a lesson as well.

Yep in South Dakota backstage I believe. Not surprisingly it was standing room only.

To Angle's credit, he has since said it was pretty close, but he did win narrowly. As a friend of mine from the US (and was a College wrestler himself) said, there are levels with wrestling as in any sport. The difference between a 1 time NCAA champ in Lesnar, and a multiple time NCAA champ with International success like Angle, is pretty big.

Jesus H Christ. That was a hard watch.

Soooo Dreamers career just took a nosedive and Flair and Hall are finally done.

Though in this article, will be interesting to see Flairs response.

Flair will be fine in 6 months.

Back