Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

“Listen, the Rockers loved those halcions, man. They freakin — boom — they’d drop them on all the broads and then they’d get them back to their room and they’d pass out and then [The Rockers] would take the laundry off and they’d have a good time with them and then throw them out in the hallway and sh*t naked. Needless to say, they got in trouble in a few hotels.

Was first mentioned by Brutus but came up again on dark side

I don't what this says about me but Lizzie Borden looks all kind of hot now.

Ahem.. moving on. I remember getting given a flyer for an XPW show after WrestleMania 2000 and my wife and myself were thinking of going to it until other fans told us "Don't do it man!". We took their advice.

It would be “interesting” to know if/how a XPW reboot can survive in today’s overly PC world (even if it’s a super niche product), since last I checked they were supposed to be holding a return show next month.

I don't know which anyone would be prepared to work with Rob Black on a revival, especially when the industry is starting to see a revival. The majority of talent that you'd naturally associate with the XPW style would wrestle in GCW.

I don't know which anyone would be prepared to work with Rob Black on a revival, especially when the industry is starting to see a revival. The majority of talent that you'd naturally associate with the XPW style would wrestle in GCW.

names announced so far (according to FITE who is airing the show): Brian Cage, Willie Mack, Matt Cross, Bill Collier, Masada, Rhino, KC Navarro. (also Shlak, Colin Delaney, G-Raver)

names announced so far (according to FITE who is airing the show): Brian Cage, Willie Mack, Matt Cross, Bill Collier, Masada, Rhino, KC Navarro. (also Shlak, Colin Delaney, G-Raver)

Wow-- didn't realise it was that far along.

Bit surprised that Brian Cage is involved.

Couldn't see a thread for the WWE Legends doco so posting in here

This series is great, watched the HBK episode the other night which was fantastic and just finished the Warrior one which had me in tears at the end. I'm just starting the SCSA one now.

So many stories to tell, I hope there are many more episodes to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see them do the rise and fall (and recent rise again?) of Australian wrestling. There was a bizarre relationship/reliance on VFL footballers...

There's the death of Perro Aguayo Jr (although maybe you wait til Rey Mysterio is available to interview.)

You could tell all sorts of stories in Japanese wrestling - the Yakuza involvement in PRIDE and NOAH; Inoki's habit of beating the piss out of guys who wouldn't do business; the rise and fall of All Japan would be incredible - from being the epicentre of the wrestling world with Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada and Taue, to the fall when Baba died and his wife took over; the life and death of Misawa would be incredible.

The last 2 series have started with 2-hour premierres - I could see next year's starting with #SpeakingOut because there are so many women (and a few men) involved in it that you could interview.

Yeah they're definitely running out of topics. It's a very interesting place the wrestling industry, but when it comes to hour long docos, they've already ran out of stuff to do. Hope they don't overdo it and ruin it's reputation.

The breaking of kayfabe could be a topic, and how the Internet changed the way wrestling was viewed
Assuming that comes up in the finale ??

Wasn't that how Vince avoided jail ?
Called it sports entertainment ?

Wasn't that how Vince avoided jail ?
Called it sports entertainment ?

No that's how he got around boxing and athletic commissions demanding fees for events, ie if they are advertising it as a legit combat sport then they wanted a cut.
So by saying it's sports entertainment and acknowledging it's rigged he was able to stop paying them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back