Multiplat Dark Souls (including 2018 remaster)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sif's dead

New Londo Ruins has been drained of water. The four kings pwned me. Can't remember the weapon I used against them the last time. But I did SFA damage while it took 4 hits to kill me (had 41000 souls too lol).

Stray demon has been dealt with.

I made Anor Londo go dark..... oopsies
The other kicker to that is losing an easy titanite chunk farming spot :(

Also Laurentius the pyro guy. I upgraded my pyromancy to +10 fairly early on. Did a few things and thought I had him at the stage where he was hollow at blighttown.

Saw him back at firelink shrine tonight. Veryyyy weird!!

Last edited:
Playing a sorc build for the first time and am pretty much invincible. Only boss that I've needed more than 2 attempts has beem Stray Demon (was pretty underleveled and was getting one shot)

PVP is so good at the moment, very active.

Sif's dead

New Londo Ruins has been drained of water. The four kings pwned me. Can't remember the weapon I used against them the last time. But I did SFA damage while it took 4 hits to kill me (had 41000 souls too lol).

Stray demon has been dealt with.

I made Anor Londo go dark..... oopsies
The other kicker to that is losing an easy titanite chunk farming spot :(

Also Laurentius the pyro guy. I upgraded my pyromancy to +10 fairly early on. Did a few things and thought I had him at the stage where he was hollow at blighttown.

Saw him back at firelink shrine tonight. Veryyyy weird!!

He only goes to Blighttown if you tell him thats where you got your pyromancies.

I only hacked my way through this game once when it came out so a lot of it is a bit vague to me. I spent ages just farming the bridge in the burg and am up to the bonfire at the blacksmith and from memory need to go and kill the dudes in the cathedral I ran past. I just remembered that Solaire gives the white soapstone but when I talked to him I swear he had no options? Should he still be there if I go back? NPC locations are very subject to conditions in these games.

Also, drake sword is making things trivial at the moment but I don’t know what weapon I should level up? I started as a knight (should have started as warrior because knight fat rolls from start so I need to go get Havel’s ring) and have the broadsword. Is it worth upgrading that or trying to get a black knight sword?

Spent last night helping others with the Ornstein & Smough battle.

It's so much easier doing it as a group, that said I've noticed a few others (probably players never having fought them before ?) that either hang back and have myself do most of the attacking ORRRR they're yet to have a decent weapon that does more damage. There was one fight where little damage was being done (like 1% of the health bar). Yet as soon as I moved in, 4 hits and Ornstein was down :D.

Could have sworn there was another post that might have been deleted ? Or I'm just getting my forums confused :p Anywayyyyyyy this current remaster playthrough I lucked out with a Black Knight Sword drop (had 4 "soft" humanity at the time). Promptly leveled up my strength stat so I was able to swing it one handed. And I've found the game a bit more easier (granted I still die a lot if I get caught out, but most enemies have died with 1-2 slashes. Used to be 4, until I continued to level up my strength and dex stats).

Normally I either +5 a battle axe or use the drake sword until I've leveled up a better weapon (like a +10 long sword or battle axe).

I'm at 16 soft humanity right now, kind of makes me NOT want to progress through other parts of the game until I've farmed a few more titanite shards, chunks etc. Because I'm bound to die again at some point and not be able to record my souls/humanities the next time I spawn.

Spent last night helping others with the Ornstein & Smough battle.

It's so much easier doing it as a group, that said I've noticed a few others (probably players never having fought them before ?) that either hang back and have myself do most of the attacking ORRRR they're yet to have a decent weapon that does more damage. There was one fight where little damage was being done (like 1% of the health bar). Yet as soon as I moved in, 4 hits and Ornstein was down :D.

Could have sworn there was another post that might have been deleted ? Or I'm just getting my forums confused :p Anywayyyyyyy this current remaster playthrough I lucked out with a Black Knight Sword drop (had 4 "soft" humanity at the time). Promptly leveled up my strength stat so I was able to swing it one handed. And I've found the game a bit more easier (granted I still die a lot if I get caught out, but most enemies have died with 1-2 slashes. Used to be 4, until I continued to level up my strength and dex stats).

Normally I either +5 a battle axe or use the drake sword until I've leveled up a better weapon (like a +10 long sword or battle axe).

I'm at 16 soft humanity right now, kind of makes me NOT want to progress through other parts of the game until I've farmed a few more titanite shards, chunks etc. Because I'm bound to die again at some point and not be able to record my souls/humanities the next time I spawn.

Me :D. It’s back now. Realised I could have just googled most of the answers. Am now just paranoid I’ve missed Solaire and can’t remember when I’ll see him again. I need to help some people out to become a sunbro because I completely forgot about how big a pair of jerks pikachu and snorlax were and if I can’t summon another player I’ll at least be able to summon Solaire to tank one of them. As soon as I jump on tonight when I back track for Havel’s ring I’ll have to see if he’s still on the rampart.

General advice is use a weapon that has at least A scaling of your main attribute, with a moveset you like.

For PVE you can use anything really.

Drake Sword is easy mode early game, doesn't scale to end game though. Black Knight sword is probably my favourite strength weapon

I can't remember how I played through this last time. I reckon I went a lighter build with Balder sword. Currently running full elite knight armour with a +2 BKS sword and Havel's ring so I'm running between 25-50% load and I don't remember getting owned so hard by Stray Demon. I just can't stay behind the turd, when he leaps away and faces me I can't seem to get behind him quick enough half the time and he squishes me with his axe. Might have to strip down but I remember just being able to plant on his bum and hack away.

I need to sit down on it for some more solid sessions, just been picking it up for an hour or two every couple nights, mostly farming for items and stuff and looking for things I may have missed out on last time. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any summons so I realised I should check my level.... 42 and was still running around the Berg lol (after Gargoyle only killed the bridge dragon, Moonlight Butterfly, Hydra and Stray Demon). Headed to the basement and Capra Demon went down in 4 swings of my +4 black knight sword. Into the depths now and sensing a bit of dread that I know Blight Town is coming. Hopefully I can just power through that dump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need to sit down on it for some more solid sessions, just been picking it up for an hour or two every couple nights, mostly farming for items and stuff and looking for things I may have missed out on last time. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any summons so I realised I should check my level.... 42 and was still running around the Berg lol (after Gargoyle only killed the bridge dragon, Moonlight Butterfly, Hydra and Stray Demon). Headed to the basement and Capra Demon went down in 4 swings of my +4 black knight sword. Into the depths now and sensing a bit of dread that I know Blight Town is coming. Hopefully I can just power through that dump.

What are you possibly farming in Undead Burg at that level? Haha

What are you possibly farming in Undead Burg at that level? Haha

First it was I regretted starting with a knight instead of a warrior so I spent a few sessions farming to raise my endurance so I could at least medium roll. Then when I got the BKS I wanted to one hand it so spent a bit longer farming souls there too. I wondered if my last playtgrough if it was with the Baldur sword or whatever it is from the knights in the church so I farmed that for a while (turns out it wasn’t the sword) and I was getting lucky on titanite shard drops so I spent a bit longer doing that to upgrade my elite knight armour. Before I knew it I was level 40 lol.

First it was I regretted starting with a knight instead of a warrior so I spent a few sessions farming to raise my endurance so I could at least medium roll. Then when I got the BKS I wanted to one hand it so spent a bit longer farming souls there too. I wondered if my last playtgrough if it was with the Baldur sword or whatever it is from the knights in the church so I farmed that for a while (turns out it wasn’t the sword) and I was getting lucky on titanite shard drops so I spent a bit longer doing that to upgrade my elite knight armour. Before I knew it I was level 40 lol.

I've never understood farming PVE in Souls, so inefficient and mind numbing. You can just carry on through the game with any old weapon and organically get the souls you need to switch it up. My latest character I couldnt even put pants on until Bed of Chaos due to equip load going over 25% :D

At the very least just farm bosses, at least that can be somewhat enjoyable!

Back on the 360 and on the PTD edition on pc I used to farm souls (555? or so) from the dragon on the bridge, go up the ladder, up the stairs, have the dragon breathe fire, hop down, reset the bonfire and repeat.

Playing through the game over the years I'd farm the slugs and rats in The Depths (humanity and green titanite shards). Or occasionally the Dark Wraith's from New Londo Ruins for titanite chunks. Those haunted trees in Darkroot Basin for free purple moss etc.

Playing on Remastered I've done a mix of those, plus farmed the many enemies at Anor Londo and a few other areas late in the game. Otherwise to get more souls quickly I just help others with their boss fights.

Farming the souls from the dragon on the bridge.... **** me, what a waste of time xD

For someone that potentially dies a lot early game... leveling up earlier makes things a lot easier.

That said in my current run as a sorcerer I've played the game naturally. Up to Anor Londo bately upping my health or endurance.... most of the souls have gone toward int, dex and strength (strength so I can wield the BKS as my secondary weapon!).

For someone that potentially dies a lot early game... leveling up earlier makes things a lot easier.

That said in my current run as a sorcerer I've played the game naturally. Up to Anor Londo bately upping my health or endurance.... most of the souls have gone toward int, dex and strength (strength so I can wield the BKS as my secondary weapon!).

Sorc build, all points into INT up to 50, 16 Dex for Velkas rapier. Dragoncrest ring + crown of dusk. Nuke every boss. Get nuked in PVP though.

I died maybe 10 times throughout the run, majority of those being one shot.

It's amazing how easy it is to make an OP PVE character, especially in the first game.

Upper Blighttown not as bad as from memory. Maybe it’s the performance upgrade that doesn’t make you feel like you’re fighting against the system as well as the game? Once the blow dart jerks are gone it’s much less stressful. Really stuck on a load out at the moment. I’m loving my BKS that I’ve got to +4 but I’m itching to farm the leeches for large titanite to upgrade the claymore for the vertical heavy strike for narrow corridors.

Also stuck on ring decisions. Havel’s has to stay because of my heavy load out, but I can’t decide between wolfs ring and ring of favour. How valuable is poise to pve? At 89 poise I can trade blows and tank hits, but I’m worried if I take of the wolf ring and drop to 49 poise I’ll run the risk of getting stun locked by trash or if I miss time a parry.

Finished my sorcerer playthrough, it's funny had some difficulty early on, cruised through the middle... had a break for a few days. Got back into it, had a few issues with the four kings, changed my setup and blitzed through them again. I left Dukes Archives till late (knew with my sorcerer it would be the hardest area). Gradually beat it, and went through the other sections. Kiln of the first flame was the last and more annoying area, I kept dying and dying and dying (compared to my other play throughs where I was able to melee my way through). Gwyn would kill me within 2-3 hits each attempt (whereas as my melee/pyromancer combo I killed him first go!). I experimented with different rings, and different attire.... The Gwyn AI changed tactics from when I'd go through the fog - for some reason he became easier. I'd get a few hits in, would still die... but at least I stood a chance. I wound up using great combustion and killing him in the next attempt, which was pretty cool.

I was going to move on to another game, but figured I'd muck around in NG+ as my sorcerer, I managed to get through to the Capra Demon before I started dying over and over and over again. Eventually got past that area, and currently in Anor Londo once again. I might keep going or take a break and play some other games (well when I took my break for a few days over the past 2 weeks I just played AFL Evolution and Rocket League... more old games instead of new ones).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back