Multiplat Dark Souls (including 2018 remaster)

Remove this Banner Ad

Face_Plain

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
This monster drops in less than a month and no thread?* C'mon bros...

Demon's Souls on steroids. More of everything, more weapons, moves, armour, enemies, features, locations, enhanced multiplayer integration etc.

Comes out October 7 for PS3/360.

Trailers:

[youtube]GuG4FZNnuBA[/youtube]

[youtube]93LFz_j5fQA[/youtube]

Day one, super pumped. Almost more excited for this than Uncharted 3.

*Did a search, came up donuts. If there is one apologies.

DeS had great boss fights, especially in the first two archstones, but I was a bit disappointed with the Plague Valley's bosses.

-

Going to be far more exploration now as well. DeS was pretty linear, but now there are no archstones, no nexus. The whole game world is one giant map.

Link to map below *spoilers*
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/104/darksoulsmaplegendado.jpg

Classes
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/.../653/001/b8aef6ee205af6d4cf747b8327b0479e.jpg

Will probably go melee tank as my first class, (dislike cowardly magic ;)) but I want to be able to roll... will be fodder against the bosses without it.

Wonder which Black Phantom will make me want to hang myself this time. Black Satsuki was basically the devil in video game form.

Thank you - I appreciate that. :)

I bought it about a month ago - I have Demon's Souls and AFL Live (and Pre-ordered Rage and Arkham City) which I am yet to open and have 12 months of leave coming up.

12 month prison sentence?

Worth checking out the GiantBomb (not so) Quick Look for this.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

They really did a disservice to Demon's Souls the first time around, giving it a really s**t look with more or less no idea what they were doing when playing through.

But this time with Dark Souls they have 2 guys who played through Demon's Souls and know exactly how it plays and how to play it. It's a very enjoyable hour and 24 minutes with some fantastic moments showing you EXACTLY what Dark Souls is like.

There will be spoilers in there of bosses that you may not want to see (the first boss and one/two more about 3-5 hours in), but I recommend watching if you don't necessarily care that much about the couple of boss spoilers that there are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it has hard as what the reviewers say?

Im s**t, and I dont want to end up stuck 40 minutes in.

I also am s**t and have now been playing Demon's Souls for a week and I would say it's more punishing than hard.

Gotta not make the same mistakes twice and actually battle enemies by studying the order of their moves instead of just playing bash and crash style if that makes sense.

The reviewers say Dark Souls is "harder", but with almost anything if you put the time in it can be conquered (I'd assume).

I played this game for a couple of hours last night and was really impressed.

It's insanely difficult at parts but once you die a few times its pretty easy to pick up a strategy, I'm still stuck on the Taurus boss but almost killed him before i switched it off so i think I've got it down pat.

The best thing is reading the messages on the floor that other players can leave, one message read "Throw a fire bomb into this room" so i did, next thing i know a giant black knight started chasing me around the whole map until he killed me.

Just as good are the bloodstains that other players leave when they die, so i know im not the only one who fire bombed the black knight, come to think of it i should of seen all the bloodstains around the house as a warning....

Never played Demon's Souls, but I'm pretty keen for this.

Have ranted a few times on BF about how current generation games hold your hand and treat the game as more of a cinematic experience rather than a punishing test of skill that previous generation games were so I'm amped to get this and die a lot.

It'll just have to wait a couple of months. Too many games lined up (still haven't finished AC:II, LA Noire or Halo Reach and haven't even touched Batman AA or AC:R).

I am s**t at this game. Got a big head after doing okay in the tutorial. Then met my first enemies in the game proper; a group of skeletons. they started giving me a hiding so I tried to run away but they kept on harassing me. It was like a scene from the Benny Hill Show except all the hot women's **** had rotted off. I came to a tight passageway and remembered the film 300 where that Steve Blackman looking mother****er said that if you fight armies in a place like that you can create a bottleneck and their numbers will count for nothing. I made my stand and lasted all of 5 seconds (good call Blackman, get back to feuding with Shane McMahon for the Hardcore Championship you bearded quince :thumbsdown:) Tried to go back there to recollect my souls but pretty much the same thing happened :(

had a look around elsewhere and found this spooky looking place with a bunch of zombies who don't fight back. I will grind there and then go back and teach those skeleton jerks a lesson. Let's see how they like it :mad:

Also how scary is this game? Not just the creepy baddies but when you're a long way away from the bonfire the fear of losing everything is so immense that I've been to yeller to explore much yet...

Looks like a great game, hope I'm up to it's standards.

I'm about half way through (I think) and have to say this game is impressive, loving the difficulty and challenge.

If your thinking of picking this up it's well worth it, just don't expect an easy slash and hack rpg.

Managed to kill the first boss without dieing. I've already achieved more than I did in demons souls.

You already moved on from Demon's Souls?
I quit after the Spider Boss. Just couldn't get past it.

I must say that after watching the epic and awesome GiantBomb Quick Look of Dark Souls it did make me want to go back and smash that boss just to see if I could do it.

I think the thing that stopped me was that I had built up a good 10k worth of souls at the time and that was all gone within seconds.:(

I quit after the Spider Boss. Just couldn't get past it.

I must say that after watching the epic and awesome GiantBomb Quick Look of Dark Souls it did make me want to go back and smash that boss just to see if I could do it.

I think the thing that stopped me was that I had built up a good 10k worth of souls at the time and that was all gone within seconds.:(

Dude, I suck arse at video games and got bounced like a bitch on my first attempt at the Spider Boss - but stuck with it and eventually got through.

I have killed 7 bossess now, it's been tough but worth every second. I learnt to spend my souls as soon as I get them - that way I can't die and piss them away.

Now I can't wait to start playing Dark Souls.

Dude, I suck arse at video games and got bounced like a bitch on my first attempt at the Spider Boss - but stuck with it and eventually got through.

I have killed 7 bossess now, it's been tough but worth every second. I learnt to spend my souls as soon as I get them - that way I can't die and piss them away.

Now I can't wait to start playing Dark Souls.

Man Eater & Flame Lurker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back