Universal Love Darren Burgess football fitness academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not poo hooing the need for sleep. I am simply asking what is the evidence that suggests that Ports' players aren't getting enough sleep?
Of course we don't have access to internal stats but Burgo also mentioned it as something they are looking at for next year. We need to look at everything. Our players made lots of clangers last year. No stone should be unturned. Another weapon in our arsenal.

Of course we don't have access to internal stats but Burgo also mentioned it as something they are looking at for next year. We need to look at everything. Our players made lots of clangers last year. No stone should be unturned. Another weapon in our arsenal.
So it's Mabo

The sports science, athletic development and rehabilitation team at the club have three decades of evidence based, sport’s science related education between them.

You would expect that they have one of the most important recovery functions of the human body, being sleep, covered.

The sports science, athletic development and rehabilitation team at the club have three decades of evidence based, sport’s science related education between them.

You would expect that they have one of the most important recovery functions of the human body, being sleep, covered.
Yet in all those years of experience no one in the fitness or medical team had come across a torn pec before.

Nothing is out of the question for this mob.

Yet in all those years of experience no one in the fitness or medical team had come across a torn pec before.

Nothing is out of the question for this mob.
You are wrong. They have come across a torn pec. They had never come across a torn pec right off from the bone. There is a significant difference. I bet every club's medical department have dealt with a torn medial ligament. How many have dealt with a complete tear of the medial ligament from the bone?

Well, considering all our soft tissue injuries last year, some reoccurring during rehab, our state of the art fitness department are perhaps not as on top of their game as you might think.

Looks like at least our Head Physio Tim McGrath is on top of ACL reco recovery. Case in point triple B&F winner post reco Robbie Gray.

We have replaced Mladen with Geelong's former Strength and Conditioning coach Nick Richardson

https://au.linkedin.com/in/nick-richardson-b0191586
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Geelong Football Club
2009 – September 2013 (4 years)

Nick Richardson ‏@NRichardsonSC Dec 2
@Wilbur21wilson @IanMackers @_timmcgrath @tim_parham @MikeHeynen1 @darrenburgess25 prob should update this to the job prior to PAFC!
1f610.png
got me

Woo hoo Geelong monster builder. Dr Frankenstein come on down!
I think the Weapon built the monster and then Richardson maintained it. Looks like he started after the 2009 flag as Robinson went to GC for their 2010 season in the VFL.

I think the Weapon built the monster and then Richardson maintained it. Looks like he started after the 2009 flag as Robinson went to GC for their 2010 season in the VFL.

Yeah still Geelong :D :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he been working at the club earlier than today? I hope so. We've had a long time to replace Mladen...
Yes, but wouldn't have been there for much more than a month. The tweet was in response to some stirring that his twitter account had him in his old uniform. Maybe the one in his linkedin page.

No players were around in September and October - doing official club training - they can't under the CBA. Yes some were around doing private training but the club didn't need a new coach installed much before the start of November.

Last edited:
Finally the Ken and Geelong link has been triggered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their path's probably didnt even cross. Kenny left straight after the flag and Richardson was appointed after the flag when the Weapon went with Ken to the GC.

We have been using this stuff since 2014 but http://www.sporttechie.com/ website ran this story earlier this year.

http://www.sporttechie.com/2016/03/...ares-how-and-why-they-monitor-heartbeat-data/
Head Of Sports Science For Port Adelaide Football Club Shares How And Why They Monitor Heartbeat Data
From consumer wearables to elite athlete tracking technology, nearly every aspect of any sort of physical activity nowadays is being tracked and analyzed. This is especially true for heartbeats.

Firstbeat is a provider of physiological analytics for sports and well-being. They take heartbeat data and use it to create personalized information on exercise, stress and recovery. Hundreds of elite sports teams, wellness professionals, and millions of consumers use Firstbeat technology to enhance their athletic performance and well-being. Firstbeat’s heartbeat-monitoring technology is in over fifty consumer devices including major brands such as Samsung, Garmin, Sony and Suunto.

Firstbeat, headquartered in Jyväskylä, Finland recently worked with Port Adelaide FC in Australia to monitor the physical workloads of their players. The following is an interview with Stuart Graham, Port Adelaide FC’s Head of Sports Science, who was introduced to the Firstbeat physiological monitoring system by his colleague, Darren Burgess, who had used the system in his work with Liverpool FC.

Firstbeat Sports: Completes the Picture

For Port Adelaide FC the decision to choose Firstbeat Sports was easy. Stuart Graham describes the Australian Football landscape as being heavily GPS (External Load) focused, yet the external load “only provides half the picture when monitoring training adaptation for individual players”.....

http://www.sporttechie.com/2016/03/...ares-how-and-why-they-monitor-heartbeat-data/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back