Rumour Darren Burgess

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin#4

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry to start a new thread but the other got closed.

Thought it would be important to point out the articles were in the wrong order. Someone posted an OP saying we had offered 400k per year, then someone showed an article by Caro saying he was poised to join Port, Caros article came out before the OP's article.

He was believed to be close to joining Port (see second article) when we came out and trumped their offer, putting 400k per season on the table (See OP's article by Rucci), as well as allowing him to bring Liverpool colleagues back with him to form his own fitness team.

As it stands, his ears pricked up with our offer and is now considering the tigers.

Race is still very much on, though I should point out the article of him joining Port is now irrelevant as our offer went out after this, keeping us in consideration.

Yeah, was pretty sure I had read in the other thread that the Caro article was not actually fact, and that we were still in with a shot, so was surprised the thread got shut down.

At the JDM, the players were saying goodbye and good luck to both Matt Hornsby and Terry Condon.

Can anyone tell me the last time the Tigs were so actively involved in positive news after our season ended?

All this talk of new recruits choosing us, highly regarded coaches choosing us, actually anyone in general choosing us, really is new ground. Get this bloke, with the addition of Williams and a few free agents and the league will really sit and up and take notice of the sleeping giant.

I am not going to lie, a little bit of wee just came out as I cant contain my excitement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me the last time the Tigs were so actively involved in positive news after our season ended?

All this talk of new recruits choosing us, highly regarded coaches choosing us, actually anyone in general choosing us, really is new ground. Get this bloke, with the addition of Williams and a few free agents and the league will really sit and up and take notice of the sleeping giant.

I am not going to lie, a little bit of wee just came out as I cant contain my excitement.

Keep it under raps Morro, I don't want to utter the words 'false dawns' but we've seen plenty at Tigerland... only when we make the eight will I allow any excitement to generate

Keep it under raps Morro, I don't want to utter the words 'false dawns' but we've seen plenty at Tigerland... only when we make the eight will I allow any excitement to generate

The only thing I am keeping under wraps is my pee stained pants.

You feel free to have a sceptical and somewhat boring off season and this guy will continue to soil pants as long the good news keeps on keeping on :D

i also want to know why this guy is so highly rated, im excited but i need to know why :D

From the Liverpool website.

The Aussie had spent three years as fitness and conditioning coach with the Socceroos prior to his Anfield move.
Having studied at the University of New South Wales and the Australian Catholic University, where he is in the final stages of a PHd in movement analysis, Darren went on to work with elite AFL teams such as Port Adelaide FC and Sydney Swans, as well as National League Soccer team Parramatta Power. He also worked as head of sports science for the Australian Football Federation.

The only thing I am keeping under wraps is my pee stained pants.

You feel free to have a sceptical and somewhat boring off season and this guy will continue to soil pants as long the good news keeps on keeping on :D

Brilliant....

Thanks Morro, i'm now headed home as I spilt my coffee over my shirt in laughter at my desk...... :D

sorry to break this to you guys, but I think you will find that we have been outbid on Burgess, he will not be joining the tigers .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back