List Mgmt. Darren Glass set to quit as List Manager

Bit of context required.

I’d say that money & security in footy isn’t what is used to be due to COVID.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo talked about it how they are down to like 5-6 main staff and how many left for better opportunity's outside of footy. I assumed he meant Selwood as he left for that reason.

Both are a massive loss as Selwood was deep into getting the womans team up and about.

So we have lost: Van Berlo, Rosa, Glass , Selwood, Batemen and a few more with names that escape me.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
So we have lost: Van Berlo, Rosa, Glass , Selwood, Batemen and a few more with names that escape me.

I’d suggest most clubs have lost similar numbers and calibre due to COVID cut backs. Cut backs that were required to save under-performing clubs from going under.

VFL missed a great opportunity for natural selection last year.

Mind you, this season won’t be over till it’s over.

Someone sneezes in Eastern states and borders will close before someone says ‘bless you’

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I’d suggest most clubs have lost similar numbers and calibre due to COVID cut backs. Cut backs that were required to save under-performing clubs from going under.

VFL missed a great opportunity for natural selection last year.

Mind you, this season won’t be over till it’s over.

Someone sneezes in Eastern states and borders will close before someone says ‘bless you’

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Some clubs yes, but i see clubs like Freo as an example have kept almost all their staff or have added to it , and a few of the Vic clubs have done the same.

Maybe WC are smart and saving coin during this Covid situation so we have more cash in the bank latter.

He quit in disgust when Simmo told him we need more talls.

"Mate, 3 potential midfielders with all of our picks? Time to fall on your sword, we don't take too kindly to that kind of drafting at West Coast. And shave off those sideburns!"

Last edited:

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
As much as it sucks to lose him, better to lose him now rather than just before the trade/draft period.
Agree on the proviso we appoint a new list manager before the season starts. Then new list manager spends entire season watching our list.
Get someone and end of season and that hurts the club.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's not just the pay for his current position that would be affected, but also his career path beyond this job. There are less assistant coaching positions now, so those who hold aspirations to get to a head coaching role are going to have to wait even longer to move up the ranks. Even less back-office jobs now as money has to be directed to the football program.

Well that ******* sucks. Thought he’d done quite well in his short time in the role.

No ill feelings towards Glass as he’s looking after himself and his family which is entirely reasonable. No blame on the club either as their hands are tied by the cap on football spending

Last edited:
This news disappoints me.

My first reaction was

WTF

I thought his first trade and draft was a 8/10.

Feel a bit flat reading this news.

Back