List Mgmt. Darren Glass set to quit as List Manager

Very good, well done got me .... hook....line and sinker.

Just an emotional reaction that is set in motion whenever I hear or read the name O'Brien mentioned ....... lets put it this way he isn't on my Christmas card list.
Without regurgitating my thought again, most know my opinion of this bloke.

He is obviously highly rated internally inside the Club, but for me he triggers thought of mediocrity and incompetence.

But back to the original post from Carbine Chaos the teacher just gave me a good lesson. :thumbsu:

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
They have also drafted a raft of very promising young KPPs without using a single top 10 selection, which other teams have been screaming out for over the same period (Bulldogs, Freo, Collingwood etc). Managed to cobble together a premiership winning midfield at the same time.

Yes, we are lacking midfield depth, but teams rarely get everything correct. Would much rather be short on mids, given there are always plenty of trades available, than KPP which very rarely come on the market.
Yep and the reason why people are disappointed in Glass leaving is because he brought another fresh set of eyes (after Rawlings seemed to set us on a good path) instead of the same old, same old draft talls and flankers approach to the draft. Glad you'd rather have a bunch of of KPP sitting around in the WAFL or being shoehorned onto the wing instead of potentially having a couple of decent mids under the age of 25. Each to their own I guess.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
there have been some serious cuts to spending on a large scale league wide.

I know but this is a guy who has "left" a job he has been working towards for years, after only 1 year, when he was seen as potential CEO, only to work at a water filtration place in Wangara.

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
He has young family, was going to the same school as my kids here in Melbourne. Had a couple of chats with him while we were waiting for them to be released at the end of the day, this was around the time he was at the Hawks and had just picked up the Eagles job.

I would not be surprised if work life balance was a factor in it. Maybe with the cuts there are more expections on staff and more hours needed?
Interesting point. I heard one of the reasons a long standing Eagles physio quit was for those exact reasons - pay cut but longer hours expected/demanded.

Simpson said in a radio interview that we’d gone from 9/10 coaches to 5/6 which roughly reflects the approximately one third reduction in the soft cap from over $9m to just over $6m

You’d expect that reduction in staff to be broadly reflected elsewhere across the rest of the football department without a similar decrease in overall workload.

So a big increase in time demand for those left behind and as a reward they get a pay cut as well

Good times

Simpson said in a radio interview that we’d gone from 9/10 coaches to 5/6 which roughly reflects the approximately one third reduction in the soft cap from over $9m to just over $6m

You’d expect that reduction in staff to be broadly reflected elsewhere across the rest of the football department without a similar decrease in overall workload.

So a big increase in time demand for those left behind and as a reward they get a pay cut as well

Good times

Thanks Gil. As long as we keep those broke clubs afloat by making it "fair", that's all that matters.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks Gil. As long as we keep those broke clubs afloat by making it "fair", that's all that matters.
If that thread on the rumours board about St Kilda being on deaths door financially is true don't be surprised this season if they get a run with the umps that make even the 2016 dogs side blush, on their way to their second flag in a century, what a corrupt league, it wouldn't surprise me.

If that thread on the rumours board about St Kilda being on deaths door financially don't be surprised this season if they get a run with the umps that make even the 2016 dogs side blush, on their way to their second flag in a century, what a corrupt league, it wouldn't surprise me.

Keep an eye on it ep2018, then we'll take it all the way to city hall.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
The rumours board says there'll be a big story about this breaking today

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Assuming this isn’t a pisstake I’m a bit muddled by this - a water filtration company in Wangara doesn’t strike me as an organisation that’s paying big bucks. Seems an odd move that begs the question if there’s more to this although I have no idea what that might be

He was probably offered an equity stake as part of his salary package.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I know but this is a guy who has "left" a job he has been working towards for years, after only 1 year, when he was seen as potential CEO, only to work at a water filtration place in Wangara.

You think he left a job he had been working towards for years, I dont, it was a step along a career path in AFL footy & it seems to me, its AFL footy he is leaving.
Also dont believe his career choices are driven by money.

Here is a bit of info on Darrens latest career choice:

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Water filtration is rapidly growing industry.

Anyone trying to establish a home lab without a reliable source of distilled / RO water won't be getting much of their product moved. Likewise salt-reduction in hydroponic installations.

Whenever the economy goes down, drug consumption goes up. Darren's thinking ahead of the curve here.

Water filtration is rapidly growing industry.

Anyone trying to establish a home lab without a reliable source of distilled / RO water won't be getting much of their product moved. Likewise salt-reduction in hydroponic installations.

Whenever the economy goes down, drug consumption goes up. Darren's thinking ahead of the curve here.

Some serious ex-team mate connects too. There's more to his nickname of Shards than people know.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Perhaps he fell out with some people and was nudged. As an outsider with no specific knowledge he seemed to have done a good job. I like this year’s recruits, quite a lot achieved with a weak hand.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The rumours board says there'll be a big story about this breaking today

Think I just heard the rumour but believe it to be absolute BS!

That DG's missus busted him having a relationship with Shannon Hurn.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Think I just heard the rumour but believe it to be absolute BS!

That DG's missus busted him having a relationship with Shannon Hurn.
Yeah doesnt seem likely,altho theres been rumours about hurn for a while

Back