Rave Slave

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2004
Your Underwear
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dick Slapperman
...When fully fit is the best fullback in the competition.

Beat Buddy tonight (as well as you possibly can anyway) and some of his spoiling efforts tonight were elite. Was a shadow of himself last year due to injury but this year is showing just how good he really is.

Lock him in for AA come the end of the season. :thumbsu:

Glass is a AA threat, but he has to continue the threat all year. To me it seems that more and more Full Backs are appearing as FB threats, many of them overrated. I am not going to immediately place Glass on top of them till I see a season effort

What about Rutten?

Glass isn't as vulnerable when isolated one out and has Rutten covered for legspeed. Rutten is excellent when body on body but can lose his man and struggles to make up the ground. Glass just blankets his opponent whether he's isolated or not.

Gun

Still a fair way off achieving the dizzy heights of Zac Dawson's current form :rolleyes: but he goes alright. I'd take him over Scarlett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's good, he plays like a 'traditional' (wrestling, punching, pushing and all the stuff that's illegal these days) defender, so he should get penalised for heaps of stuff but the fact is I'd rather see him be able to do what he does without the umps getting in the way. I wouldn't say he smashed Buddy tonight. It was wet, Buddy had plenty of it and plenty of influence but don't get away from the fact that Glass is a good defender.

Not everything. That game in Subi last year he had his arms around Buddy at every marking contest and didn't concede a free kick against

Not everything. That game in Subi last year he had his arms around Buddy at every marking contest and didn't concede a free kick against

Yeah mate it wasnt really a dig at the hawks forwards more at the way umpires are ruining contests. I'm more comparing him to your Simon 'Its ok to punch, kick, scrag, pull, crush, kill, destroy' Prestigiacomo type player who constantly seem to get away with far more than your Darren Glass type player.

Very smart player.

Buddy seemed to rest on his laurels a bit and expect to use his skill to beat Glass but Glass had already out thought him and won the contest before Buddy knew what was happening.

Shows that smarts will beat skill most of the time.

Great player. Always has been. But lets see him do this week in week out first..
Mate, he HAS been doing this week in week out this season.

Just because you haven't watched any other Eagles games doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back