Racing Darren Weir Arrested and stables raided by Police and Stewards.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
I'm presuming you're not dumber than mud and actually know what you're seeing.

Take a look @ the Adams Stakes at Caulfield today, Bons Away v Written By. On prize money there is no contest.

Mahers' horse never won @ the distance, Beggs' horse never beaten at the distance or track & had trial form to justify the price.

Wash it any way you like, it still smells like crap.

Can you see why I have an issue with TAB and their website accepting bets when the race in question has already travelled 200 metres or more.

There are so many ways to get a horse beaten without resorting to illegal methods.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Take a look @ the Adams Stakes at Caulfield today, Bons Away v Written By. On prize money there is no contest.

Mahers' horse never won @ the distance, Beggs' horse never beaten at the distance or track & had trial form to justify the price.

Can you see why I have an issue with TAB and their website accepting bets when the race in question has already travelled 200 metres or more.

There are so many ways to get a horse beaten without resorting to illegal methods.

Written By is like the number one draft pick from the under 18s stepping up to play against men in the AFL. First run against older horses and gets rolled. Happens all the time. Nothing suss there.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

how much did you lose?

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Horse punting should be a beer and preztel hobby only.

FFS these are 600 kg animals, who get spooked by the stupid things, ridden by unintelligent short people who would struggle to get work in a circus ring, on goat tracks with magical travellors moved each meeting, trained by knock around characters and snake oil salesmen, owned by people of dubious backgrounds and administered by money hungry board members.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Horse punting should be a beer and preztel hobby only.

FFS these are 600 kg animals, who get spooked by the stupid things, ridden by unintelligent short people who would struggle to get work in a circus ring, on goat tracks with magical travellors moved each meeting, trained by knock around characters and snake oil salesmen, owned by people of dubious backgrounds and administered by money hungry board members.

Yep. I think you've managed to cover everyone.

Wait... bookmakers?

Matty_G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood

I read your previous post in this thread and was a bit suss but took it on board.

Then I read these lines of your next post and realised you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Lol wow
So written by leads and gets run down in the last 50m and you reckon something shifty has happened?

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If they are going to look at the big races, why not ALL of his wins.......afterall people bet on them too.

....and for the life of me I cannot see how the Melb Cup win was rigged. Unless the horses in front or at the sides of Penzance were Weir horses and moved out of the way to let Michelle through, how can it be dodgy? If that is the case then Michelle must've been in on it as well and other jockeys. If the horse was zapped somewhere along the lines, still doesn't mean it would win.

No, it opened up and Penzance went through and the rest is history.

This is going to get so much bigger because other people had to know about what was going on.......jockeys, some owners/managers, stable hands etc...

What a damn mess.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beyond team riding jiggers can also be used for race rigging.

Jiggers are a bit like live baiting in the greyhound world. No race day swab will find them as it's all about cruelty in pre-training to get a better race day result.

1. Have lazy but talented horse
2. Run lazy horse who doesn't put in 100%
3. Train horse with jiggers to scare the crap out of it if it doesn't try
4. Run horse again and back it heavily

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ringerdingding rings a bell for me (pardon the pun). Last prep, there was one race where he put in an absolute shocker and at the time the word was that he wasn't interested that day. He then comes back and from next start onwards runs like a bloody superstar.

they are not jigging 3yo colts after a flat performance ffs.

one, they're colts they by nature do these things, two, its most likely that they're doing this to older horses losing interest in racing not 5 start well bred colts who had excuses on soft tracks.

then it SPs $14 next start.

nope.

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
On a lighter note. The old man said many decades ago he was told of a hurdle race in Adelaide which the jocks were setting up. Was hammered on course and he had a few “grey nurses” on it.

Reckons the horse was 10 lengths clear approaching the last jump and was ready to collect - then the horse threw the jockey.
Took him a while to get over it.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
everyone will be looking for certain performances and 99% of the time people won't even be able to see what is genuine and what is artifcially made peaks. Trapeze Artist was beaten comprehensively in a guineas? then backs up in the TJ and well backed kicked their heads in. no questions asked, looked a inconsistent horse. If he was trained by Weir, people would be complaining for their money back on Redzel.

Horses naturally spike or put in indefferent performances. it's very hard to find and i suggest it's unlikely you will find too many at the top level, for financial gain midweeks at Echuca be much easier to manipulate and likely given the horses would likely react better given most are old and slow ones that don't put in too much.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
everyone will be looking for certain performances and 99% of the time people won't even be able to see what is genuine and what is artifcially made peaks. Trapeze Artist was beaten comprehensively in a guineas? then backs up in the TJ and well backed kicked their heads in. no questions asked, looked a inconsistent horse. If he was trained by Weir, people would be complaining for their money back on Redzel.

Horses naturally spike or put in indefferent performances. it's very hard to find and i suggest it's unlikely you will find too many at the top level, for financial gain midweeks at Echuca be much easier to manipulate and likely given the horses would likely react better given most are old and slow ones that don't put in too much.

Unless there is any sort of video / audio evidence it will be very hard to prove race fixing.

Most of the case will rest on animal cruelty with 4 jiggers found on the property, potentially getting a stable employee to roll over

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If they are going to look at the big races, why not ALL of his wins.......afterall people bet on them too.

....and for the life of me I cannot see how the Melb Cup win was rigged. Unless the horses in front or at the sides of Penzance were Weir horses and moved out of the way to let Michelle through, how can it be dodgy? If that is the case then Michelle must've been in on it as well and other jockeys. If the horse was zapped somewhere along the lines, still doesn't mean it would win.

No, it opened up and Penzance went through and the rest is history.

This is going to get so much bigger because other people had to know about what was going on.......jockeys, some owners/managers, stable hands etc...

What a damn mess.

Payne's win has an asterik for people who follow racing because of the shocking track bias on the day.

If the wider population put an asterisk on it because of Weir getting busted then it only evens up the perceptions of the win between racing people and the wider population.

There have been accusations that Weir was using undectable synthetic drugs from China so if that was the case PoP could have been running with some assistance but we will never know.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If you are looking for evidence then surely the biggest indicator is the amount of horses that Weir picks up from other stables and magically improves sharply at the first run for the new stable.

http://www.racingaustralia.horse/In...ODY2&src=horseform&raceentry=MTE2NTQ3MzIxNg==

This one a couple of weeks ago was classic Weir.

Beaten over 3L in a BM78 for the old trainer.

A few weeks later comes to Weir and wins a handicap at Flemington with a hoof in the air.

The horse had talent as a youngster but seemingly lost the will to race.

Moving to the Weir stable he immediately regained a pep in his step and zapped his rivals.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you are looking for evidence then surely the biggest indicator is the amount of horses that Weir picks up from other stables and magically improves sharply at the first run for the new stable.

http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTExODY0ODY2&src=horseform&raceentry=MTE2NTQ3MzIxNg==

This one a couple of weeks ago was classic Weir.

Beaten over 3L in a BM78 for the old trainer.

A few weeks later comes to Weir and wins a handicap at Flemington with a hoof in the air.

The horse had talent as a youngster but seemingly lost the will to race.

Moving to the Weir stable he immediately regained a pep in his step and zapped his rivals.

again first starters for the stable unlikely i'd say.

he didn't get to the top by cheating on every horse, bloke can train change of environment does wonders for lots of horses especially the inevitable increase in training talent they're going to improve if they can handle the workload. I don't have a problem with him improving horses. improving his won horses he's had for a while to the point where they're running through walls deep in a prep with a spike and well backed. that's concerning.

Darren Weir getting a horse off joe blogs training on course and the horse never leaves a 2km radius improving at the beach/different training methods is not suspect for me first up.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
if they want more than the jiggers it'll be about following the money and analysing the betting records of those they can link to the stable.

then they'll need to flip someone and work back to dw.

expect a few 'rogue assistant trainers and stablehands' to come out of the woodwork.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if they want more than the jiggers it'll be about following the money and analysing the betting records of those they can link to the stable.

then they'll need to flip someone and work back to dw.

expect a few 'rogue assistant trainers and stablehands' to come out of the woodwork.

this is pretty much how it will go. Weir will need to be certain there is no possible way of proving his knowledge and i dare say Mclean will roll over and cop the 6 year ban with a nice under the table pay off. Or he knows it will come back to him regardless Weir cops it on the chin himself knowing that the stable will likely default on to a person of his choosing.

Lol what utter garbage - Written By never even raced at the track or distance against older horses - no surprise he failed when racing against the big boys

Back