Racing Darren Weir Arrested and stables raided by Police and Stewards.

Remove this Banner Ad

RSN reporting that both a gun and a taser were seized... They didn't make any absolute link but the way that they were discussing it seemed to imply that one or both of those items were seized in connection with the video and use of a treadmill...

Have trained a few gallopers back in the day, and used a cattle prod/jigger on a few who were tardy in the barrier.
Difference being a cattle prod has roughly 5-8,000 volts whereas a taser lets fly with 50,000 volts.
I hope to hell it wasn't a taser he was using.

Last edited:
Put simply he's history.

20 officers from AFP, Vic Police and racing stewards at the Bool, similar number at Ballarat. He's been arrested and items seized.

No way the AFP put that sort of manpower into a raid unless the case is iron clad.

That many officers would not be involved just for animal cruelty plus the AFP so the race rigging stuff must be solid as well

Video evidence must be irrefutable

Time for a trip down memory lane - what's the dodgiest Weir result (positive or negative) people can remember?

I'd have Humi 2017 Makybe Diva up there. Handsome Theif backed as if Chautauqua in last year's Wangoom another

Another Coldie improving 10 lengths in a week to beat Nights Watch certainly gave me the shits

Haha from memory wasn't that the day there was footage of him watching in the stands mouthing 'get ****ed' or '* it' after the race :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gun I have no problem with, quite understandable with the valuable horses he has.........most country people on the land have guns.

Seems to be getting juicier and juicier with each hour and report that passes.

For the AFP to be there, makes me wonder if imported substances were involved. Guessing it will all come out in time.

....but what a silly silly man if he was doing stuff that could jeopardise his whole business.

Will these guys ever learn?

The gun I have no problem with, quite understandable with the valuable horses he has.........most country people on the land have guns.

Seems to be getting juicier and juicier with each hour and report that passes.

For the AFP to be there, makes me wonder if imported substances were involved. Guessing it will all come out in time.

....but what a silly silly man if he was doing stuff that could jeopardise his whole business.

Will these guys ever learn?

He's just diversifying.

Why only be caught and convicted multiple times for tubing when you can expand to jiggers, nails in horses and rigging races

Funny thing is, I was told just prior to Echuca Cup last year (about 12 mths ago) that he was next in the gun. After a couple of months I brushed it off.

Been building for a long time and the PM's have been flying around twitter for about 10-12 weeks now.

Not surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back