Racing Darren Weir Arrested and stables raided by Police and Stewards.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
When you get a moment have a look at J.Allen on Trap For Fools at H.Q,

Race 8, 10/11/2018, watch his right hand after he turns for home and starts to urge his horse.

He slaps the horse on the neck (no whip,) then 50 metres later slaps the horse again on the neck, another 50 metres later he goes for the whip.

---------------

Email doing the rounds.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
They have him I would put my left nut on it, the brakes are on the media because it's a federal investigation. They will only leak what's necessary to the public they say oh we are looking into these claims / charges. If any doubt at all was on weirs side we would have heard nothing.
the feds where only there to provide certain equipment, its not a federal police issue, its a VICpol issue.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United

Race 8, 10/11/2018, watch his right hand after he turns for home and starts to urge his horse.

He slaps the horse on the neck (no whip,) then 50 metres later slaps the horse again on the neck, another 50 metres later he goes for the whip.

---------------

Email doing the rounds.
He definitely slaps him on the neck at the 400

---------------

Email doing the rounds.

That is jigger training to a tee.

They would of done that on a treadmill with blinkers on the horse so the horse cannot see a human doing it. Then when they blast him with voltage from a jigger they slap his neck at the same time or just before.

Next run the horse is slapped with the same motion that he copped on the treadmill only days before and thinks he is about to be slammed with Volts again and runs his arse off!

Horses are not stupid and remember what hurts them.

In other words if you cop a slap the volts are about to come and the horse effectively ran in fear of being electrocuted down the straight for home.

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
the feds where only there to provide certain equipment, its not a federal police issue, its a VICpol issue.

Federal police were involved so to some extent it involves the federal police. When charges are laid if they are much more information will be available.

International Sports integrity unit potential for criminal charges.

Preparing evidence for the office of public prosecutions betting & gaming offense race fixing which would relate to criminal charges.

Off shore betting with overseas syndicates.

He is innocent until proven guilty on the criminal charge side. I will add these are very serious charges and basically I was never really interested in the racing victoria charges jiggers animal cruelty are definately huge issues I just think this one has the potential to be a landmark case.

I've been interested in these types of cases for several years since the integrity unit was setup around 2015. If you remember certain trainers were involved in some serious cases back then another running in queensland now.

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Can't see them taking races off horses unless they have old samples they can test for drugs.

The chance the
Can't see them taking races off horses unless they have old samples they can test for drugs.

The chance the 2015 Melbourne Cup was 'rigged' is zero.

Not rigged integrity of the trainer.

No one said the race was fixed, when a trainer comes under speculation and serious criminal charges for training methods etc.

He wins the biggest race in Australia at the biggest price $101 fixed since 1940.

A lot of money and powerful people in syndicates get angry.

He has amassed over 150million in winnings

He probably did the same thing as 10 other trainers in the race who knows. So much money at stake though of course people will speculate

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not rigged integrity of the trainer.

No one said the race was fixed, when a trainer comes under speculation and serious criminal charges for training methods etc.

He wins the biggest race in Australia at the biggest price $101 fixed since 1940.

A lot of money and powerful people in syndicates get angry.

He has amassed over 150million in winnings

He probably did the same thing as 10 other trainers in the race who knows. So much money at stake though of course people will speculate
Notwithstanding your various blurbs.

The 2015 Melbourne Cup was primarily won for two reasons, 1) because the inside was advantageous that day, Prince Of Penzance had barrier 1 and 2) the cup on a dry track was somewhat slower than usual allowing more gallopers a better chance as they could meet the tempo.

That said outsiders have won the cup before and whilst it’s correct that 100/1 was the first such result since 1940 to me the 100/1 was “false” odds.

Prince Of Penzance came second in the Moonee Valley Cup Of that year (10 days before) when the United States won in track record time. Prince also won the MV Cup the previous year. So his form wasn’t particularly poor. Probably more a 50/1 or 66/1 runner in my view. Though he did start at 100/1. Happens.

Also as an aside ridden a treat that day and no trouble in running which hurt Criterion and Max Dynamite.
Amongst others.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is he hitting it on the knock or just slapping it down the neck with the reigns?
You do raise a fair point.
John Allen rides in the British tradition in a persuasive manner more so than our windmill action.
He also swaps his action hand to hand during his races ostensibly to keep a horse straight I’d imagine.

That said the McKinnon is interesting viewing, that’s for sure.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Notwithstanding your various blurbs.

The 2015 Melbourne Cup was primarily won for two reasons, 1) because the inside was advantageous that day, Prince Of Penzance had barrier 1 and 2) the cup on a dry track was somewhat slower than usual allowing more gallopers a better chance as they could meet the tempo.

That said outsiders have won the cup before and whilst it’s correct that 100/1 was the first such result since 1940 to me the 100/1 was “false” odds.

Prince Of Penzance came second in the Moonee Valley Cup Of that year (10 days before) when the United States won in track record time. Prince also won the MV Cup the previous year. So his form wasn’t particularly poor. Probably more a 50/1 or 66/1 runner in my view. Though he did start at 100/1. Happens.

Also as an aside ridden a treat that day and no trouble in running which hurt Criterion and Max Dynamite.
Amongst others.

That may very well be the case, did the horse get tubed, jigged on it's way to victory probably maybe not who knows that's the problem with not just darren weir but the racing industry at present.

Moody high cobalt levels quits
Smerdon life ban for trying to dope allegedly everything aquanita

Harness corruption

Did the horse win clean maybe, is weir being investigated definately I have just lost faith still love the sport just disappointing

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That may very well be the case, did the horse get tubed, jigged on it's way to victory probably maybe not who knows that's the problem with not just darren weir but the racing industry at present.

Moody high cobalt levels quits
Smerdon life ban for trying to dope allegedly everything aquanita

Harness corruption

Did the horse win clean maybe, is weir being investigated definately I have just lost faith still love the sport just disappointing
All the unknowns get raised when you’re caught in bad business.

I’m actually glad the sport tackles these things and brings charges to wrong doers.

Sports in general has bad elements. The aforesaid racing issues, AFL footy with Essendon, various salary cap matters, drug taking. And these aren’t new things, a century ago players were rubbed out for “laying down.”

Rugby League salary cap, obscene player behaviour...

Tennis match fixing issues, some drugs...

Cricket, where to start.

Athletics, Ben Johnson is just the best known...

Cycling, Lance and his mates.

Sport either takes on the rule breakers or turns a bling eye. I prefer the taking on.

Humans cheat, racing is not an island, it’s as human as any sport (conjuring my inner George Hanlon).

(aside: maybe the most honest sport is pro wrestling..... the competitors know what they’re getting. Wait a minute even that...The Montreal Screwjob...)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
My recollection was they absolutely walked around till the 600 m, then Frankie cleaned up anything that was remotely looking to run on

Wasn't he suspended 20 meets or something like that?
He copped a good stint on the sidelines.
Time was slowish for that level of dryness in the track and quality of horse.
Had there been more tempo it would likely have taken Prince Of Penzance out of his comfort zone and he’d finish with less running.

As an aside, Prince Of Penzance is the longest name of any Melbourne Cup winner.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
My recollection was they absolutely walked around till the 600 m, then Frankie cleaned up anything that was remotely looking to run on

He got a month off with a 20 grand fine
Also Jamie Spencer on Big Orange got a good holiday too

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
You could tube something with the intention to run top 10 in the cup. Prizemoney wise it is worth a win in another pretty good race. You don't have to do it with the intention of betting. Combine it with the bias and you hit the jackpot unexpectedly.

Correct - except he cleaned up everything largely because his was the only horse good enough to be running on at the time

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You could tube something with the intention to run top 10 in the cup. Prizemoney wise it is worth a win in another pretty good race. You don't have to do it with the intention of betting. Combine it with the bias and you hit the jackpot unexpectedly.
That’s true, but for the biggest races it’s almost beyond dumb to go down that path.
Way too much scrutiny and once at the biggest stage you may as well go for best result.
Then again some cheats are mega dumb greedy or too blinkered.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct - except he cleaned up everything largely because his was the only horse good enough to be running on at the time
Not quite the same but Lets Elope didn’t let anything get innfer way either in 1991 but she was a bit wayward in racing style at times.

Now she was an Uber elite super star.

Not quite the same but Lets Elope didn’t let anything get innfer way either in 1991 but she was a bit wayward in racing style at times.

Now she was an Uber elite super star.

Yes feels like young Stevie was banned for 2 years after that spring :D

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes feels like young Stevie was banned for 2 years after that spring :D
And he was smiling a lot too. Star of the realm the Derby too.

From all my acquaintances Steven King was regarded as a totally honest jockey and beyond any funny stuff.

There’s a few jockeys that basically nobody would even think to ask to do any funny stuff. They have great regard.

Back