Past Darryl White (1991-2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Darryl White vows to fight life ban
  • by: Craig Hutchison
  • January 01, 2012 12:00AM
"Obviously I was pretty disappointed when it happened," White said.
"I'm a bit disheartened by the whole process, but then again you see all the support that I've got and it's been a bit overwhelming.
"Hopefully common sense will prevail on the day."
White said an appeal had been set for the coming weeks.
"The appeal will go ahead after the first game, at the tribunal," he said.
"The facts are there in front of them and it's just common sense to appeal it.
"I think there are 20-30 players that this has happened to over the years and 90 per cent of them have appealed and gone through the due process and played again."
"It definitely has (tarnished my reputation)," he said.
"The worst thing was that I was planning on playing for another two or three years ... and then you read some cheap shots on (a website) where people are saying you're a thug and a has-been."

whitelr.jpg

Darryl, you are neither a thug or a has-been...... You always played with pride of who you were and who you are, and who you played for......and rightly so!!...stuff the lot of them.....and hold your head high!:thumbsu:

You are and always will be our champ who set our champion team alight on many occassions..

..be proud of all you have achieved, the majority of sensible clear thinking people are on your side..

Good luck with your appeal, and remember, mind you P's and Q's and don't swear!!;):p

Delay on Darryl White appeal
  • by: Jess Webster
  • January 11, 2012 11:00PM
DARRYL White's illustrious career was put on hold when the AFL Nothern Territory tribunal delayed its decision on his appeal over a lifetime ban last night. White, 38, presented an application for re-registration alongside a statement from the St Marys Football Club to the tribunal, which will seek the advice from other jurisdictions before handing down a verdict by 5pm Friday.
"Football has been a big part of my life for 30 years, it's hard to walk away. If you have seen me play the last six weeks the desire is there, the competitiveness is there, I'm still showing the young kids around town what I've still got.
"That's why I've got the longevity out of my self because I love this game. Hopefully this black mark doesn't leave me with a bad taste for the rest of my life.
"There will be a few sleepness nights in the coming days. I'll have very sore fingers and toes because they will all be crossed."

whitero.jpg

NTFL wants rehab plan before White kicks on
By Anthea Kissel
Updated January 13, 2012 16:49:27

Saint Marys president Shaun Hardy says the club has been given seven days to produce the rehabilitation plan."We are at a bit of a loss and at the moment," he said.
"We do not have any guidance as to what this action plan for rehabilitation actually means, so we just have to investigate further.
"It's quite disappointing for us as a club and particularly for Darryl as an individual."
"We thought that we put forward a very good case for Darryl's re-registration," he said.
"We put forward a number of reasons regarding the nature of offences, the length of his playing career and that they were taking an unreasonable and unfair approach."

darrylwhite.jpg

This is just pure stupidity. These clowns have made a rash decision and have their heads so far up their arse that they are too arrogant to change their decision under the category of common sense. If you are looking for you five minutes of fame go pick on somebody else. What a bunch of spanners.

According to tweet from Nicole Duncan Lions footy manager, White has won his appeal. Sorry dunno how to cut and past with this iPad. :-(. Hooray sanity has prevailed

https://twitter.com/#!/Duncs67/status/161375746533756928

"@JessWebster21: BREAKING: DARRYL WHITE WINS APPEAL AND HAS BEEN RE-REGISTERED BY AFLNT #topend" Wow finally common sense has prevailed!

Finally they swallowed their pride and did the right thing. Now let's never speak of this again.

And so he should!!...the whole thing was a bloody disgrace..

Now tell them to shove their league Darryl and go and play where you are appreciated!

Stupid rule, but he broke it, and he knew he broke it. Should count himself lucky and one would think he will keep his mouth shut from now on.

Intent of the rule is fine but very poorly implemented and doesn't help the NTFL's chances of attracting former AFL stars in the future.

Shameful treatment of a Northern Territory Team of the Century member.

Glad sanity prevailed EVENTUALLY. Onya DJ - you're a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all fairness, yes the rule is stupid, and yes White should be a respected ex AFL player. In saying this, he should know better, as an ex AFL player playing in a city that is trying to encourage more footballers to play, he should also show some respect. There is no need to continually bad mouth the umpires when they really should just be out there enjoying their last few years playing with their mates.
People will respect him for what he has done in the AFL, but maybe not so much for his attitude in the lower levels.

I think it is probably more a case of smart-A's having a go at DJ to big note themselves....to the point of pushing him too far, and he retaliates..that can also include umpires, who might get a kick out of penalising him more than others..

It is known to happen when ex-AFL players go back to local footy......they are not all greeted with open arms unfortunately..

DJ was not an abusing spiteful player, surely you would know that 44....so why would he start now?

White's pledge on temper
January 25, 2012

Under an AFL rule introduced in 2007, players are given a life ban nationwide if they are suspended more than 15 times. Although the latest offence actually brought White's career suspensions to 26, due to an administrative oversight some of his earlier infractions were not originally taken into account.

On Monday White successfully appealed the decision to deregister him, citing the long period over which the suspensions occurred and that no one had been injured by the acts. He said yesterday that he would be trying not to retaliate if players tried to niggle him on the field.

As part of his re-registration, White has pledged to take part in an indigenous umpire development program and participate in the St Mary's Football Club's junior program in a mentoring role. He will also work with the NT Under 18 side as a mentor.

darrylwhite.jpg

The Marngrook people do an hour radio show with Finey each monday night...I usually miss it..

..last night I happened to turn it on and they were talking to Darryl..he is now playing at Swan Hill....must say he sounded quite sloshed!..but he was funny to listen too, kept pumping up his own tyres, telling us how good he was in the premiership years etc..:D..I liked how he talked about his kids..

Don't know if SEN have kept the interview..

Yes, said (not sure which order), a couple were playing basketball, a couple playing football...the other people doing the show made comment how good Darryl jnr is and that the Lions will be looking at him for F/S in 10yrs time..(but isn't jnr. older than that, we'd need to be looking a bit earlier than that I would've thought).....also made mention and raved over Chris Johnsons son as well, more so than Darryl jnr..

Was terrific to hear Whitey, but hope he hasn't succumbed to the grog, but then again he was probably still celebrating our terrific win:p

Also asked him about holding the ball up above his head when he marked, was it a signal or what....no says Darryl, just letting them know the ball was mine!:D

Oh, I forgot the most important thing....OUR Darryl White is and has been a lifelong NORTH MELBOURNE supporter!!!:eek:..Carey is his idol and the best he played on....said he hated playing them..

Yes, said (not sure which order), a couple were playing basketball, a couple playing football...the other people doing the show made comment how good Darryl jnr is and that the Lions will be looking at him for F/S in 10yrs time..(but isn't jnr. older than that, we'd need to be looking a bit earlier than that I would've thought).....also made mention and raved over Chris Johnsons son as well, more so than Darryl jnr..

Was terrific to hear Whitey, but hope he hasn't succumbed to the grog, but then again he was probably still celebrating our terrific win:p

Also asked him about holding the ball up above his head when he marked, was it a signal or what....no says Darryl, just letting them know the ball was mine!:D

Oh, I forgot the most important thing....OUR Darryl White is and has been a lifelong NORTH MELBOURNE supporter!!!:eek:..Carey is his idol and the best he played on....said he hated playing them..

I know that second eldest William is playing U 14's as my grandson's team played William's team recently...beat em too...fair chance they will meet again in the GF on Sunday week...old class mates in primary school those two.

Darryl and family live just down the road from me. Often run into him kicking a footy with his kids at the park and have often joined in. My dad actually coached Darryl White jnr in under 8's before he went to basketball.

Obviously he's away quite often, but he's a really friendly guy and is up for a chat most times I see him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back