Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW, commentators kept remarking that Price and Wright were good mates, but you could have fooled me. I don't think Wright would have been too pleased with Price after the match. Price was strutting around before the match saying he would win 6-0, and when Wright took the 1st set, he tried to share a joke with Price who was unimpressed. Then when Price drew level at 1-1, Price was leaping around like an idiot and nearly collided with Wright who didn't seem very pleased about it. Then, after the match, Price just stormed off the stage, no handshake, nothing. I just cannot stand Price, he should have the "e" in his surname changed to a "k". I felt sorry for his wife and kids sitting there watching him behave like a tool.

Just on MVG, as we've observed, he's not in control of game like we're used to. I have a theory that Gary Anderson used to inspire MVG to play at his best, some of their shoot-outs have been classics. Gary seems to dropped off the pace a little and it's almost as though MVG doesn't feel as though he needs to play at his best to win. Just a theory, what do others think?

Just on MVG, as we've observed, he's not in control of game like we're used to. I have a theory that Gary Anderson used to inspire MVG to play at his best, some of their shoot-outs have been classics. Gary seems to dropped off the pace a little and it's almost as though MVG doesn't feel as though he needs to play at his best to win. Just a theory, what do others think?

True.If he is pushed then he plays better.
He gets complacent and goes missing during some games.

Didn't get to watch the final yet, but seems to me like the overall quality was down on previous years. There were still some good contests, however ot seemed as is if scoring was down. I know averages don't tell the whole story, but I'd be interested to know how it compared to previous years.

Didn't get to watch the final yet, but seems to me like the overall quality was down on previous years. There were still some good contests, however ot seemed as is if scoring was down. I know averages don't tell the whole story, but I'd be interested to know how it compared to previous years.

I can't compare with other years because I don't have the stats, but both players averaged over 102, there were plenty of 10-11 darters to win legs, MVG narrowly missed a 9 darter. I've seen MVG play better, but I don't think I've ever seen Wright play better.

Well done Peter Wright. Very much deserved after taking out the world number 1 and 2 along the way.

I tend to agree the standard this world championships was down a bit, however that had a lot to do with some big names dropping out early to relative unknowns which I think was a positive for the tournament and darts overall.

Disappointing to see they’re continuing with the challengers for the premier league this year.

Disappointing to see they’re continuing with the challengers for the premier league this year.

People who might deserve it don't get a look in if the venue is not relatively close to where they live.
Bringing back Henderson just because it's Aberdeen and the reception he got last year but nothing
to do with the fact he did nothing last year.
You know that Dobey will get Newcastle and face probably Durrant in a North East derby.
Probably De Zwaan and Noppert will get the 2 Nights in Rotterdam.

People who might deserve it don't get a look in if the venue is not relatively close to where they live.
Bringing back Henderson just because it's Aberdeen and the reception he got last year but nothing
to do with the fact he did nothing last year.
You know that Dobey will get Newcastle and face probably Durrant in a North East derby.
Probably De Zwaan and Noppert will get the 2 Nights in Rotterdam.

And on top of that, I believe Nottingham is the closest PL venue to Sherrock's home town of Milton Keynes.

Final challengers announced although really it should be re-named as the 'Locals'

John Henderson (Aberdeen, Night One)
Fallon Sherrock (Nottingham, Night Two)
Jonny Clayton (Cardiff, Night Three)
William O'Connor (Dublin, Night Four)
Luke Humphries (Exeter, Night Five)
Stephen Bunting (Liverpool, Night Six)
Chris Dobey (Newcastle, Night Seven)
Jeffrey de Zwaan (Rotterdam, Night Eight)
Jermaine Wattimena (Rotterdam, Night Nine)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A woman other than Fallon Sherrock has gotten a tour card at PDC Q School - Lisa Ashton did enough to earn hers over the 3 or so days it went for. Sherrock finished a fair way out of it.

Damon Heta has also qualified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back