Los Angeles Clippers

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
They decided they didn't want to play Port in Alice any more due to Port having more supporters at the game - replaced by Gold Coast. So they go and play Adelaide in Darwin. Crowd is about 70% crows. Idiots.

NT games are just exhibition games and easy 4 points for Power and Crows.

I've been a supporter of the NT games whilst the club was rebuilding but it's time to let go after the current agreement runs out.

lamby

Premium Gold
Apr 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham
They decided they didn't want to play Port in Alice any more due to Port having more supporters at the game - replaced by Gold Coast. So they go and play Adelaide in Darwin. Crowd is about 70% crows. Idiots.

I've been a supporter of the NT games whilst the club was rebuilding but it's time to let go after the current agreement runs out.
Crows AFLW team is 1/2 based in Darwin. Most of the good local players play down in the SANFL. NT is much more aligned to SA & Adelaide than Victoria & Melbourne. I would say the crowd was about 80% Crows :)

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
There are two things that linger of the previous Administration. Womens footy is the one good thing we established under it, but playing in Darin imo is the one last mistake that still lingers on from the last Admin

BG32

Premium Platinum
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
If the AFL really wanted us up there they have to look after us in terms of fixturing, min 7 day breaks either side and against teams that were at the bottom the season prior

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Agreed. Surely we don't need the extra $$$ now. With a decent side, we are drawing more through the gate at home games. Not saying we would have.won at the G, but it's more the impact the week after. Yes who play us the week after Darwin basically gets gifted 4 points. Port will smash us next week. Id bet my house on it..

mrmonkey

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Crows AFLW team is 1/2 based in Darwin. Most of the good local players play down in the SANFL. NT is much more aligned to SA & Adelaide than Victoria & Melbourne. I would say the crowd was about 80% Crows :)
Well back in the day it was northern territory of South Australia something like that so definitely has a more sa connection.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United

Current agreement includes next year as well -__-

Only two more games hopefully!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dr

Premiership Player
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If the AFL really wanted us up there they have to look after us in terms of fixturing, min 7 day breaks either side and against teams that were at the bottom the season prior
100% agree with the bolded part but not the second part - we play whoever we play, but at least give us some recovery time from playing up there. Can't believe this round v Port, they get more time to recover - WTF??

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
I agree on all fronts. No surprises both Crows and Port are lining up for these "away" games.

Our administration has come on in leaps and bounds but there is some serious naivety going on with these NT games.

Sando22

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sh*thouse place to play footy.
Sloppy, fumbly, slippery sh*t.
Same for both sides obviously but a garbage spectacle and other than coin, literally offers NO benefits to us.

Hotdees

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we're gonna play in Darwin surely the AFL can fixture it the weekend before our bye. If we request this every year but it gets knocked back and then the AFL give Geelong a Monday night game in Rd 23 I would be very pissed off.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
If we're gonna play in Darwin surely the AFL can fixture it the weekend before our bye. If we request this every year but it gets knocked back and then the AFL give Geelong a Monday night game in Rd 23 I would be very pissed off.
They gave us one after the Alice game but I know what you mean, I'd prefer it after the Darwin game. I'd just like the deal to end altogether after 2018, I understand it is a big thing for our finances but hopefully we are strong enough off field to not need it by then.

KickLongTackleHard

Club Legend
May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
They gave us one after the Alice game but I know what you mean, I'd prefer it after the Darwin game. I'd just like the deal to end altogether after 2018, I understand it is a big thing for our finances but hopefully we are strong enough off field to not need it by then.
Being in the black is first priority but then we are still a small club competing against the bank balances of Collingwood, West Coast, Adelaide etc.

mrmonkey

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you pay us you can play a home game at Adelaide Oval.

We never beat you buggers there :(
We actually did offer to play games at Adelaide oval years ago but afl knocked it back as it's not an area that requires growth, must of predicted it would be a good ground for us lol

Top Bottom